The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: multiclassing  (Read 2632 times)

Forgotten

• View Profile
    multiclassing
    « on: March 19, 2008, 02:39:55 pm »
    am i able to Multiclass Druid and Monk?

Falonthas

Re: multiclassing
    « Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 02:47:39 pm »
    this link should take care of your questions

LORE: Restricted Multiclassing

aragwen

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 02:50:05 pm »

ycleption

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 02:55:18 pm »
    LORE: Restricted Multiclassing

Both monks and druids have restrictions on multiclassing. You definitely wouldn't be able to alternate druid an monk levels, and I doubt you would be able to get approved as a monk/druid combo. You may, however, be able to start as one class, and then eventually shift to the other with a cdq. Especially if you are thinking of taking shifter levels at some point, that combination smacks of power-building, so there would be a fairly high requirement of RP justification.

I play both a druid and a monk, so I understand the appeal of the classes... If you are particularly tied to druid and monk, have you thought about submitting two characters, one of each class, so you can enjoy both?

Edit: I really really need to type faster and stop multitasking while I post threads ;)

Falonthas

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 03:02:33 pm »
    monks and druids are very powerful in their own rights, so to mix them even after leaving one path is a power build that i wouldnt ever see getting approved  .

but im not the boss so you never know with a good enough story

ycleption

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 03:15:11 pm »
    Well, the bigger issue for me, is that multi-classing a monk before epic levels gives a bugged base attack bonus. It's not as big a deal with secondary BAB classes like druid (except when shifted), but in my opinion any multi-classing of monk before level 20 is an exploit. With some real solid RP that develops slowly as the character is played, maybe...
    Again, just my opinion and I in no way speak for the character approvers or the team here.

Acacea

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 05:29:36 pm »
    Yes, you can get approved as a monk/druid, but I wouldn't take that as an encouragement as it would be difficult. Multi-classing restrictions apply, but it is possible over time. It is most likely that it will never be approved on submission because of all the knee-jerk reactions associated with the combination - we would rather see it over time than in just one big collection at the beginning. We've had people try and it always just comes out looking like excuses over reasons, no matter how long the bio gets. But you can submit as one or the other and with a LOT of work and probably a CDQ (maybe more than one, depending on the justification), you can leave one path for the other.

I would just submit for one and see where it goes without anticipating the second. With the whole RP thing you often end up nowhere near where you expected when you started out.

Forgotten

• View Profile
      « Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 11:36:42 pm »
      ok thanks im going to miss that monk speed/ac

Falonthas

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 01:17:41 pm »
      druids may not have hyper feet but they have ways of travelling fast

ChrysEllis

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2020, 05:18:35 pm »
      This question has not been asked in a long time, and the links within the thread are inactive, so I feel I need to ask what the current status is regarding multiclassing.  Particularly, when it comes to multiclassing an epic monk (Xiao Lin).  Is there any possibility at this point?  If so, what restrictions would exist?

I can discuss in more detail if there is any room for it.

Thanks,

Lane

anything