The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Review of Housing Requested  (Read 276 times)

Anamnesis

Review of Housing Requested
« on: April 03, 2011, 01:50:16 pm »
Given the desire of players who want to buy a house, it seems only fair to make a request on their behalf to make sure they have a fair chance at buying one by requesting a review of current occupants and there active or inactive status on the server. I know there are some houses currently that have been unused for awhile and while I will not call out specific properties. I believe that life for Layo must go on too and that holding these inactive properties in a state of limbo is unfair to the those who are active.

Can you please review the status of housing and release those to the market that are not being used?

I am not in the market for one, neither are any of my characters so again this is on behalf of those obviously interested in purchasing a house.

(It would almost be nice to have a code in the housing that if a player is inactive for more than 6 months that their house is automatically placed back on the market but I know that is a lot of work, if it is even possible to do?)

Thank you for the consideration,
Anamnesis
Elohanna Min A'Litae, Priestess of Aeridin
Breanna Shadowraven, Wizard/Rogue of Folian S'pae
Cord, Bard of Ilsare
Melaa A'nadivian, Ranger of Folian S'pae

The following users thanked this post: willhoff

gilshem ironstone

Re: Review of Housing Requested
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 02:19:23 pm »
I thought a player could, at any time, request a review of a specific property and if it's owner was inactive for six months, the house could be released, provided no special arrangements had been made. Is this correct?

darkstorme

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 02:19:36 pm »
The problem with the code you described (it's come up before) is that often a house is employed by other individuals with keys, even if the original owner is no longer regularly active.

Usually, when a review of housing takes place, a list of "inactive" addresses are posted and the playerbase is given an opportunity to indicate whether some of them are actually still in use.

It's a moderately complicated database search, which is why it doesn't happen too often, but we are probably due for another one by now.

Dorganath

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 02:57:39 pm »
Yep, it's definitely overdue, and I've been trying to work a review into my schedule, but between RL, plot stuff and other projects, it's not been easy.  I'm going to try to get the beginnings of it going soon though.

As darkstorme stated, a coded solution is not a particularly good idea, as they tend to be harsh and absolute, and they do not generally allow for exceptions or extenuating circumstances.

Anyway, this has been on my mind for a while, because our server's active player population is as low as its ever been in years, but there have never been fewer houses for sale.

Anamnesis

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 09:48:36 pm »
I appreciate that it is something that is being looked at and the code was merely an after thought to the original idea of the review.
Elohanna Min A'Litae, Priestess of Aeridin
Breanna Shadowraven, Wizard/Rogue of Folian S'pae
Cord, Bard of Ilsare
Melaa A'nadivian, Ranger of Folian S'pae

Dorganath

anything