The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Skill Points Problem  (Read 2462 times)

eltalstroneves

Skill Points Problem
« on: December 20, 2020, 05:25:11 am »
Hi,

Sorry for the constant queries. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. I'm having an issue with the skill points of my new PC. At level 6, after allocating all of the skill points I'm using, I'm coming up with 6 remaining instead of 8 which is what both the CBC spreadsheet and my own math say should remain. A Barbarian 2, Fighter 4  with 14 intelligence, that started on Barbarian, should have 24 at first level + 16 for 4 levels of fighter, + 6 for an additional level of Barbarian which equals 46. At Level 6 I've allocated 9 intimidate, 9 listen, 9 taunt, 9 discipline, and 2 lore which equals 38. This equates to a difference of 8 (the number of points that should be remaining). I first checked if I had accidentally allocated 2 points to a cross-class skill. I suspected Lore, but this is a class skill for both classes. I can't see what else could have gone wrong. All of the class skills were on 4 at character creation except lore which was on 2. I thought that the only skill I increased during levels 2-5 was discipline, but I must have thought wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Eltalstro
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 08:55:30 am by eltalstroneves »
"By my mother's beard!"
Wanark Thangahaz'a

Tobias

Re: Skill Points Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 08:21:13 am »
I’m curious if you were putting points in Listen while taking fighter levels since Listen is only a cross-class skills for fighter. That might explain the missing 8 skill points.

https://wiki.layonara.com/wiki/Fighter

The following users thanked this post: eltalstroneves

eltalstroneves

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2020, 08:50:44 am »
It's possible, Tobias. I'm actually only missing 2, though. I was quite careful, but it's pretty certain there must be user error involved somewhere.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 08:53:02 am by eltalstroneves »
"By my mother's beard!"
Wanark Thangahaz'a

Tobias

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2020, 09:55:30 am »
 What is the breakdown of your levels? Was it lvl 1 and 2 were taking as Barbarian? If so the max  Listen skill you could have would be 5 (4 for level 1 and  the 5th point at level 2).  If you then took 4 levels in fighter then any points put into Listen would have been considered cross-class and you wouldn't have been able to add any points in Listen as it would have been maxed due to the skill being cross-classed.

davidhoff

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2020, 01:10:38 pm »
Also, did you start out with 14 intel?

eltalstroneves

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2020, 02:49:41 pm »
Hi Tobias,

Yes, I did start on Bb.
What is the breakdown of your levels? Was it lvl 1 and 2 were taking as Barbarian? If so the max  Listen skill you could have would be 5 (4 for level 1 and  the 5th point at level 2).  If you then took 4 levels in fighter then any points put into Listen would have been considered cross-class and you wouldn't have been able to add any points in Listen as it would have been maxed due to the skill being cross-classed.
I was about to take my second level of Bb at L6. All I can think of is I accidentally put two points in to one of the non-class skills while taking fighter levels. It's supposed to be like this:

L          Disc         Intim      Listen    Lore       Taunt
1 Bb      4              4              4            2                 4
2  F        1                                                
3  F        1                                                
4  F        1                                                
5  F        1                                                
6  Bb     1              5              5                                5
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 04:04:16 pm by eltalstroneves »
"By my mother's beard!"
Wanark Thangahaz'a

eltalstroneves

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2020, 02:51:55 pm »
Hi Davidhoff,

Also, did you start out with 14 intel?

Yeah, I did. I don't know how I botched this  :-[
"By my mother's beard!"
Wanark Thangahaz'a

Tobias

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2020, 03:56:50 pm »
Went and did a test character with Eltalstoneves  on discord.  Came out with 8  skill points leftover following  his guide.  I suggested he might have accidently put a point or two in a skill by mistake.  I mentioned he should go through his skills to see if that is what happened.  If not the case, I suggested he request a relevel to see if he could get back on track with his build.

anything