The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: So, I'm back. And...?  (Read 294 times)

DiegoBastet

So, I'm back. And...?
« on: May 17, 2007, 11:41:10 am »
After some new gaming in Layo, going crazy with the great thing and all (and some great advance in my English, that's not the best!), I really loved Layo.

And then, BOOM.

I'm not kidding. My pc screen made some strange noises and a white smoke began to come from it, and then it EXPLODED inside! Well, bad for me.

The thing is, I was without a pc, and was some time away from Layo. Now that I (still don't have a new pc, but) can play again, I was thinking about some things that I was sad with. Can someone help me?

1 - There is a little problem with the "friend groups" in Layo, I think. Ok ok, everyone has their friends and all, but a new player, with a new character (and one that CAN'T fight), like me, just can't do much: People just ignore use, most of time. Is there now a place where, I don't know, maybe the new characters could meet, like, say, a adventurer's guild or something like that?

2 - What the hell happened the time I was off? Is there a place with the news all in one?

3 - Where would be the place, in the forums, that players could schedule with other players to meet their low-level/new/weak characters to meet on the world and all?

4 - Sorry about the bad English, again. I'm getting better (I think).

ShiffDrgnhrt

Re: So, I'm back. And...?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 11:50:17 am »
Well, the answer number one:  Exploration Beyond Port Hempstead
That is an event organized by another new player to go about and see the world with new players.  I went along yesterday to see how it went, and its fairly nice, and with the help of some senior players like me it can become a nice way for new players to see the world.

#2:  I don't know how long ago your PC went POOF so I can tell you, but if you started in February, Layo has been under going an update that still isnt "complete".  As for news, the next series of the Campaign was started but not very much was revealed, yet, due to...  interruptions.

#3:  Just search the forums.  There really isn't an Adventurers Guild in Layo, but the Stormcrest Guides, when they are there, do the job of showing people around.

#4: Try taking Latin, you'll realize just how happy you are to be able to speak English, even badly...

Welcome Back!

EDIT:  No, I'm not a game master, but nobody said I couldn't throw in my two jink to help.  :)

EDIT:  And another Thing.  the best way to get yourself noticed is to just walk up to some people, politely of course, and ask for help.  If you ever see one of my Characters, don't be afraid to walk up and say "Hi!" and ask for directions.  Infact, the majority of the players, if you ask them for help (provided they arent already busy with something) will help you, even if they normally wouldn't.  Its a great way to make friends, and start the RP.

So hey, if you ever see Shiff Dragonheart, or my sweet lil Tiefer Nemo, come say Hi!  They would love to show you around :)

DiegoBastet

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 12:10:06 pm »
Thanks for the help, fellow player.

1 - I will try I I can.

2 - Nothing really world shaking afte the beggining of the dragon storm? Oh, great!

3 - Ok, searching we go!

4 - ...gulp...I think that I'm hapy with my English, now that you mentioned this.

XBlade

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 12:29:34 pm »
    Hey there! I can relate as to how hard it is jumping into a new world or returning!
    As ShiffDrgnhrt put, that's all you need to do. I set up a few events for this purpose, so new players can get to know other players, explore and best of all have fun (or just XP ;))

I've got two events running at the moment, take a look!
    Bashing contest

Exploring about

Thanks for the link ShiffDrgnhrt!

XBlade/Taric.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 12:43:22 pm »
    *big smile*  Happy tah help!  It's one of the few things I'm actually good at.

Tanman

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 04:30:30 pm »
    The StormCrest Crossroads is another place where people can meet too.