The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Thought I'd ask  (Read 193 times)

Zolanthor

• View Profile
    Thought I'd ask
    « on: November 18, 2007, 01:22:27 pm »
    Is it possible to create a generic character and login to Layonara to get the overall feel of the module?  I'd like to see what I'm getting into and the atmosphere of the place.  I find myself looking for a new module since the one I've been playing for several years has shutdown.

Stephen_Zuckerman

Re: Thought I'd ask
    « Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 01:25:20 pm »
    You still have to have that generic character approved, but yet, I suppose so. That's how I got a feel for it, though I continued playing that character to this very day. ;)

The best way to get a feel for the module would be to watch the trailer movies, flip through the albums, and read LORE.

Falonthas

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 01:29:57 pm »
    and play the single player module you can download as well

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 01:40:32 pm »
    Actually, I'd have to say that the Single Player Module doesn't so much give a feel of Layonara live. It gives a sense of the world, yes, but not the servers themselves.

Zolanthor

• View Profile
      « Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 04:01:14 pm »
      Where would a dwarf character start at in Layonara?  Need to know for character approval application.  If one takes more than 5 levels in battle rager is there any benefit?

Xirion

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 04:14:17 pm »
      All PCs nomatter what race have the choice to start either in Port Hempstead or in Fort Vehl.
      Only exeptions are monsterous races which should start in Vehl. Generally spoken the more gloomy chars should dtsrt in Vehl, whereas the "shining" ones should start in Hempstead. But that is no must.

And after five levels you dont get any new feats fot the battlerager, so I think this is what you wanted to know when asking for benefits, the answer then, would be no...

Hope that helps.

>Xirion>
      P.S. Welcome to Layo!
      ...intresting char oO

Zolanthor

• View Profile
        « Reply #6 on: November 18, 2007, 04:16:54 pm »
        Yep that answers my questions thanks :)

Masterjack

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2007, 05:32:11 pm »
        The three main towns for Dwarves are Brenuth in the Brech mountains, Lyn in the Hammerbound Peaks and Bloody Gate near the Mountains of Madness. Dwarves from Brenuth generally worship Vorax, the ones from Lyn tend to worship Dorand, and the ones from Bloody Gate split between both Vorax and Dorand.

Dwarves live just about everywhere though. So no need to stick to the norm.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2007, 11:57:06 pm »
        Also, Brenuth is an age-old fortess of Dwarven Might, not far from an even deeper, older, more impenetrable fortress of Dwarven Might - the Ulgrids' Underground Keep. It's seen many, many battles, fought against the greatest of Bloodstone's generals and armies. And giant armies, etc. Lots of giants in those parts, or there used to be. The dwarves have taken care of most of that infestation. ;)

Lyn is a snowy, remote town, home to the Temple of Dorand, God of Craftsmen. The greatest of masterworks can call Lyn their birthplaces, and the Baron Blacklung of Lyn is among Dorand's favored. Ogres frequent the area, and tend to die.

Bloody Gate is on Alindor, formerly called Rilara. This continent was taken over by Milara, one of Bloodstone's generals, and he ruled with an iron fist for many, many years. Only recently, in an "agreement" with some of the Heroes of Layonara, did Milara retract his reign of the continent. Bloody Gate was once ruled by a corrupt despot, but with Varka Cleaveson and some of the champions of dwarvenkind, the tyrant was overthrown, and King Rory Rockfist put in his place. The heart of the Unified Clans lies in Bloody Gate, a mighty stronghold against evil in a dark land.

Anyone, feel free to correct me on the details; I wasn't there for the majority of those events. ;)

anything