The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Toughness feat retroactive?  (Read 336 times)

willhoff

Toughness feat retroactive?
« on: October 31, 2008, 11:46:48 pm »
I just leveled up my level 5 fighter (who has a constitution of 12) to level 6 fighter.  I chose the toughness feat during level up.  I had 55 hit points at level 5 and now have 67 at level 6.  I rolled 12 hitpoints upon level up so 55 plus 12 does add up to a total of 67.

Question:  I read that Toughness is retroactive.  So I am curious why I did not recieve the additional 5 hitpoints from my prior levels to bring me to a total of 72.

Thanks for any input,

Willhoff.

ShiffDrgnhrt

Re: Toughness feat retroactive?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 11:57:43 pm »
Actually you did, but you rolled a 7 for your normal Level Up Hit Points.

7 + 5 = 12
 (6 for Normal Level UP) (5 For Toughness)

EDIT : ycleption has the numbers right...  but thats the basic premise

ycleption

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 12:01:55 am »
To elaborate, when it says how much points you gained on the final screen, it includes those gained retroactively... so Shiff is right, if it says that you gained 12 points, that includes six from the toughness feat, one from con, and you rolled five.

willhoff

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 12:20:35 am »
Thank you Ycleption and Shiffdrgnhrt for your help.  That makes since now.  I thought that when I saw 12 upon level up it meant 10 for my roll and + 1 constitution bonus +1 toughness bonus and the other 5 would be added later.

Oh well, makes up for some of the times I hit cancel when I didnt get max hit points on my prior level up rolls.

Again, thanks for the quick reply.

Willhoff.

silverblades

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 01:04:57 am »
oops did I actually say that out loud,,,,
There can be only One.