The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Unarmed combat  (Read 488 times)

drakogear

Unarmed combat
« on: December 08, 2012, 02:39:27 am »
Something I've been thinking about yet not quite sure how it would actually work.

We have monks with all there unarmed and unarmored abilities... but there strictly lawful... then we have Sacred Fist, some what similar but they can wear armor though... must be a devout worshiper (cleric and/or paladin).

Kinda wanting an unarmed fighter that is not lawful and not that much of a worshiper. So my question... how good would an unarmed fighter or barbarian be?

Can't master unarmed strike... though can focus and specialize in it. My main concern is damage especially when compared to not only the two classes mentioned but to actually using a weapon.

Chazzler

Re: Unarmed combat
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 07:06:14 am »
Unarmed blows are 1d3 damage I think (Bludgeoning?), + the Strength modifier.
There are gloves such as craftable gloves that range up to +3 Attack Bonus, and there is the Gloves of the Hin Fist +4 (+4 Attack Bonus, 1d4 Sonic Damage), as well as the Lich Claws that deal Negative Energy damage.

Masterjack

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 11:38:40 am »
Sorry to say this version of D&D that Never Winter is based on does not allow for a mechanically useful unarmed character outside of a Monk / Sacred Fist. Later versions of D&D do though. You can still make the character and RP him out, you will be surprised what a well Rp'd character can accomplish in this world.

Serissa

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 05:30:31 pm »
One could also add elemental damage to gloves.  Jako wears such and uses them in unarmed combat against lesser foes--to give them a 'fair chance'.