The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Can't take Agent of the Realm  (Read 500 times)

RollinsCat

Can't take Agent of the Realm
« on: March 03, 2013, 04:02:15 pm »
Ty to the best of my knowledge took every prereq for Agent and was approved, but it's greyed out on his character now that he's dinged.  Can I get some gm help figuring out what went wrong, thanks.  Will be on later tonight.

osxmallard

There is either an error in
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 05:29:44 pm »

There is either an error in the cls_pres_harper.2da file OR an error in LORE which is causing you to be mechanically unable to take the PrC when you level.

According to LORE, prior to taking the class the character needs to have 4 ranks in persuade, 4 ranks in search, 6 ranks in lore, and 8 ranks in listen, plus the alertness and iron will feats.

In the 2da file I reference above, the character needs to have 8 ranks in persuade, 4 ranks in search, 6 ranks in lore, and 4 ranks in listen, plus the alertness and iron will feats.

Your character has 5 ranks in persuade, 5 ranks in search, 6 ranks in lore, and 13 ranks in listen, plus the alertness and iron will feats.  So overall you are short 3 ranks of persuade.

Since you meet the requirements from LORE but not mechanically per the 2da file, the game will not allow you to level.  It needs to be determined that the error is in the 2da file or if it is in LORE so we can fix one or the other (and your character, who was obvioulsy just following LORE).

Hope that helps.

-osX

orth

Edit: And osXMallard beat
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 05:38:00 pm »

Edit: And osXMallard beat me!

According to both the 2da and the tlk the requirement calls for a Persuade of 8 but I see the web page says Persuade 4. It looks like the web editor inverted Persuade and Listen as the Listen requirement is only 4 but the web page says 8. I see Ty only has 5 Persuade so this sounds like the reason you're not meeting requirements.

Will point Dorg to these findings and we'll discuss how to resolve it.

osxmallard

Won't see that one often,
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 07:40:35 pm »

Won't see that one often, Orth!  :D

Dorganath

Yeah, looks like I used the
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 09:26:05 pm »

Yeah, looks like I used the wrong version of our "final" specs for the 2da file when I set this up. There was some back-and-forth

The good news is that this will probably just need an updated 2da file in the server's copy of the HAK...and a reset.  It's a fairly quick edit to make, but give us a couple-few days to get it sorted, put up, etc.

RollinsCat

No problem.  Thanks for the
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 09:36:45 pm »

No problem.  Thanks for the fast diagnosis.

anything