The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Yew pipe>tobacco drying box. filled with tobbacco leaf, doesn't seem to work?  (Read 750 times)

Brutus_Clawfoot

Hi all!I have a tobacco "pressing" box and I've filled it to the brim with tobacco but it doesn't seem to want to "press" the tobacco. It doesn't have a "use" option. I'm wondering if I'm supposed to ad some other ingredient. (maby salt?) But I'm confident one of you guys will know the answer!This way, the next time someone tells me to put something in my pipe and smoke it, I'll be able to do just that!Yes? 

The following users thanked this post: miltonyorkcastle

Dorax Windsmith

You need to apply an herbal
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 11:25:19 pm »

You need to apply an herbal flint (not a regular flint, but looks the same) to the pressing box in order to prepare your pipeweed for smoking.

cbnicholson

I used a regular flint last
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 10:32:53 am »

I used a regular flint last night, so that works too.

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

Dorax Windsmith

If you use a regular flint,
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 09:01:10 pm »

If you use a regular flint, it will dry the pipeweed, load it into your pipe and smoke it.  The problem will be that you won't benefit from the healing properties that you would if you "properly" prepare it.

Brutus_Clawfoot

Ah yes that explains why I
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 09:53:31 am »

Ah yes that explains why I made a whole bunch of tobacco that doesn't give me healing. And my friend made a batch that does give me healing. I was using the cheap flint and he was using the herbal flint. Splendid'

* Spends countless hours IC , merely standing around knee deep in some muck just outside of the Battlehelm Moore's (occasionally visited by a skunk ) tokeing his yew pipe to make up for all the time he spent carrying around all the ingredients and not being able to enjoy it!* Yay!

Thanks so much!

anything