The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Greater Sanctuary on Central Server  (Read 2599 times)

dadunmir

• Followers of Mist
    • View Profile
Greater Sanctuary on Central Server
« on: October 14, 2005, 06:28:00 am »
Since the update on the 12th.  Nearly, anything and everything can see through G-Sanct on Dregar.  I was seen by wandering madmen and the Elves in the Hills on the way to Hurm from the Storm Horm mountains.  I still get that invisibility icon as well and am not sure why when the origonal spell didn't have it? (I can't quite recall if it did or didn't)  Anyhoo, I just thought I'd let you know and hope someone else can confirm this.

Dorganath

RE: Greater Sanctuary on Central Server
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 06:48:00 am »
Strange.  I tested it on Central and it seemed to work, but I'll give it another peek tonight.
  Thanks for the report.

Wintersheart

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 07:00:00 am »
    I have made similar discoveries. Going back thorugh what saw or didnt see me, I think you may wish to investigate whether it only happens with monsters that are immune to mind affecting spells. I was not seen by true sight, but a number of monster with immunities to mind affecting spells did see me.

Rolf

dadunmir

• Followers of Mist
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: October 14, 2005, 07:01:00 am »
    Perhaps it was something with me then.  I never rule out human error particularly when I'm involved.  Take your time with it, I'm not bent on having it now as in "at this moment" now.  I have stopped using it for the most part and just this once decided to not encounter everthing along the way.  I certainly appreciate the work.  Cheers!

Wintersheart

• View Profile
      « Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005, 07:07:00 am »
      I also appreciate all the effort put into it. GS seems to be hard coded with bugs from bioware (*grins*) and I known the team has spent time trying to remove these (or circumvent).

Dadunmir I had reported similar experiences directly to Dorganath so I don't think it is just you.

:)

cptoad

• Followers of Vorax
        • View Profile
      « Reply #5 on: October 14, 2005, 12:02:00 pm »
      i use all the time. some times when the mod's a bit buggy some of the critter spell casters will buff than try and zap me.. but all and all it works fine. except when invisabilty has been cast on you.. than every bugger will see you and chase you..

G

blonde

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2005, 12:24:00 pm »
      cptoad - 10/14/2005  9:02 AM

i use all the time. some times when the mod's a bit buggy some of the critter spell casters will buff than try and zap me.. but all and all it works fine. except when invisabilty has been cast on you.. than every bugger will see you and chase you..

G

And be sure to stay clear of anything that gives concealment.

dadunmir

• Followers of Mist
        • View Profile
      « Reply #7 on: October 14, 2005, 04:18:00 pm »
      Aha!  I never would of thought of the concealment issue.  I take it they negate each other?  

I was on earlier today and the icons seem to be right....the character doesn't look like it's under the effect, but if that's all, I'll take it.

Edit Yeah...nevermind this thread I started.  From what I can tell, I am just a little bit behind on what effects negate each other.  Everything seems fine from what I can tell with G-Sanct.  I've not done extensive testing but I am currently quite pleased with the results.  Good job to the team.  Chalk this one up to my error.   :)

Dorganath

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2005, 12:58:00 pm »
      Not a problem dadunmir.  Thanks for bringing it up.

Wintersheart

• View Profile
        « Reply #9 on: November 25, 2005, 05:00:00 am »
        I am aware this is an old topic, but since it was moved to fixed bugs I have experienced it again. Specifically in the areas around Saudiria on Dregar (nowhere else but this could be a coincidence).

I know the team has spent a lot of time and effort on this buggy spell and I know care should be taken when using it(which I do). I am posting an extract from my log in case that can be of any help, but I can fully appreciate if the team does not wish to spent more time and effort on this one spell.

However if that is the case could it be moved from fixed bugs to bioware issues (seems to me this spell is born buggy, raised by gremlins and lives in bugsville) and made sticky?

Extract from my log:
        [CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Nov 25 11:06:10] Resting.
        [CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Nov 25 11:06:11] Your character and location have been saved.
        [CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Nov 25 11:06:11] Unsummoning Summoned Elder Air Elemental.
        [CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Nov 25 11:06:11] You are encumbered and cannot run.
        [CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Nov 25 11:06:30] Done resting.
        [CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Nov 25 11:06:30] Your character and location have been saved.
        [CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Nov 25 11:06:38] Equipped item swapped out.
        [CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Nov 25 11:06:38] Armor/Shield Applies: Skill Armor Check Penalty: 0 Arcane Spell Failure: 0%
        [CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Nov 25 11:06:38] Armor/Shield Applies: Skill Armor Check Penalty: -8 Arcane Spell Failure: 45%
        [CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Nov 25 11:06:49] Rolf Havblod Bjoernsen casting Bull's Strength
        [CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Nov 25 11:06:51] Rolf Havblod Bjoernsen casts Bull's Strength
        [CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Nov 25 11:06:55] Rolf Havblod Bjoernsen casting Stoneskin
        [CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Nov 25 11:06:57] Rolf Havblod Bjoernsen casts Stoneskin
        [CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Nov 25 11:06:58] Weapon equipped as a one-handed weapon.
        [CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Nov 25 11:06:58] Armor/Shield Applies: Skill Armor Check Penalty: -18 Arcane Spell Failure: 95%
        [CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Nov 25 11:07:04] [Server] You are now in a Full PVP Area.
        [CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Nov 25 11:07:07] Rolf Havblod Bjoernsen casting Greater Sanctuary
        [CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Nov 25 11:07:09] Rolf Havblod Bjoernsen casts Greater Sanctuary
        [CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Nov 25 11:07:25] Desert Giant Witchdoctor of the Oasis Tribe casting Fireball
        [CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Nov 25 11:07:27] Desert Giant Witchdoctor of the Oasis Tribe casts Fireball
        [CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Nov 25 11:07:28] Rolf Havblod Bjoernsen : Reflex Save vs. Fire : *failure* : (3 + 11 = 14 vs. DC: 22)
        [CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Nov 25 11:07:28] Rolf Havblod Bjoernsen : Initiative Roll : 12 : (12 + 0 = 12)
        [CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Nov 25 11:07:28] Desert Giant Witchdoctor of the Oasis Tribe damages Rolf Havblod Bjoernsen: 23 (23 Fire)
        [CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Nov 25 11:07:31] Desert Giant Witchdoctor of the Oasis Tribe casting Fireball
        [CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Nov 25 11:07:33] Desert Giant Witchdoctor of the Oasis Tribe casts Fireball
        [CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Nov 25 11:07:34] Desert Giant Duneleaper of the Oasis Tribe attacks Rolf Havblod Bjoernsen : *hit* : (16 + 17 = 33)
        [CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Nov 25 11:07:34] Rolf Havblod Bjoernsen : Reflex Save vs. Fire : *failure* : (5 + 11 = 16 vs. DC: 22)
        [CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Nov 25 11:07:34] Desert Giant Witchdoctor of the Oasis Tribe damages Rolf Havblod Bjoernsen: 13 (13 Fire)
        [CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Nov 25 11:07:34] Desert Giant Duneleaper of the Oasis Tribe attacks Rolf Havblod Bjoernsen : *miss* : (8 + 14 = 22)
        [CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Nov 25 11:07:34] Desert Giant Duneleaper of the Oasis Tribe damages Rolf Havblod Bjoernsen: 12 (12 Physical)
        [CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Nov 25 11:07:34] Rolf Havblod Bjoernsen : Damage Reduction absorbs 10 damage : 90 points remaining
        [CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Nov 25 11:07:35] Rolf Havblod Bjoernsen : Tumble : *success not possible* : (16 - 8 = 8 vs. DC: 15)
        [CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Nov 25 11:07:35] Rolf Havblod Bjoernsen : Tumble : *success not possible* : (10 - 8 = 2 vs. DC: 15)
        [CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Nov 25 11:07:35] Attack Of Opportunity : Desert Giant Duneleaper of the Oasis Tribe attacks Rolf Havblod Bjoernsen : *miss* : (2 + 17 = 19)
        [CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Nov 25 11:07:36] Desert Giant Duneleaper of the Oasis Tribe attacks Rolf Havblod Bjoernsen : *miss* : (8 + 14 = 22)
        [CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Nov 25 11:07:46] Desert Giant Duneleaper of the Oasis Tribe attacks Rolf Havblod Bjoernsen : *hit* : (14 + 17 = 31)

(it goes on untill the soulmother decided to join the fun...)