The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Greater Sanctuary  (Read 2023 times)

AeonBlues

Greater Sanctuary
« on: October 18, 2006, 12:10:19 am »
Spell: Greater Sanctuary:

Description from Lore: "The caster becomes ethereal. No other creature can detect the caster. Attacking or performing a hostile action will make the etherealness vanish."

It is also normal that when greater sanctuary is in effect all prepared spells which are cast will fizzle.  Spells that are not prepared, but are racial or feat spells will function normally.

When this spell works it works greater.  Excuse my pun.  There is a bug, though, in bioware I have been told, that will cause the greater sanctuary to fail with the following effects.

1.You will be detected by all manner of creatures.

2.You will be unable to remove the greater sanctuary by rune stone, or even by attacking something.

3.You will still not be able to cast prepared spells, even after you attack something with your weapon.

This bug will occur always after spawning to a bind stone.

This bug will occur sometimes after adventuring on the server for a couple of hours or so.

If you are intending to use greater sanctuary as a means of safe travel, the fix for this problem is to always log and reload before trusting greater sanctuary to function properly.

Aeon Blues

I am puting this post in Bioware issues, because I was told that this problem is a bioware issue.  If that is not the case, then please move to an opropriate place.  Thanks!

Weeblie

Re: Greater Sanctuary
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 12:40:13 am »
It is indeed a Bioware issue and nothing one can do about. It seems to happen randomly and the point (2) and (3) isn't always happening.

Greater Sanctuary (and Invisibility) is suggested to be only used as "emergency spells" and has a "use on your own risk" note stickied to them. :)

Relogging and so on might fix it most of the times, but I would never trust any fix completely.

Also note that SS losses due to Greater Sanctuary/Invisibility bug is NOT reimburseable under the "Server Bug"-rule. You has to have a DM witness (and maybe, maybe WL will work too).

Dorganath

RE: Greater Sanctuary
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 05:38:59 am »
Yep, what Weeblie said is correct, and despite our best efforts to fix G. Sanc. for the bugs that Bioware has in the spell, we've been largely unsuccessful. There's not a lot we can do about this except tell people of the risks.

anything