The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: not sure if bug or not-quickslot ability assignment  (Read 2063 times)

Falonthas

not sure if bug or not-quickslot ability assignment
« on: March 16, 2007, 01:21:35 am »
my new char has the darkness and faerie fire natural ability so i quickslotted them both to not have to radial when needed

but when i log out they are gone and when i die they are stripped out as well

are these not able to last like a druids forms
or is it something special that has to be done to make them stay assigned

Talan Va'lash

Re: not sure if bug or not-quickslot ability assignment
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 01:53:56 am »
Quote from: Falonthas
my new char has the darkness and faerie fire natural ability so i quickslotted them both to not have to radial when needed

but when i log out they are gone and when i die they are stripped out as well

are these not able to last like a druids forms
or is it something special that has to be done to make them stay assigned

What you are experiencing is the way it works.

There's nothing you can do to make them stay permanantly and you will have to reassign them to quickslots each time you die or relog.

--

Reason: This is because they're on the Drow Subrace Skin which is 'technically' an item and NWN applies the benefits of items to your character right after you log in to the server, so for that moment of time immediately after you log in, and before NWN loops through all your stuff applying the benefits, you technically do not have those abilities. Therefore they are removed from your quickslots. Then in a couple seconds you receive the abilities again as NWN gets to them in your inventory.

A subrace skin is an inventory item even though it's invisible.

The reason the same thing happens when you die is your subrace skin is replaced by the "death penalty skin" then  your subrace skin is reapplied, so agian, for a second or two, you technically don't have those abilities, so they're removed from quickslots.

---

Soooo, it's behaving 100% exactly logically as it was intended to. Whether the way it was intended makes a lot of sense or not. Regardless, theres nothing we can do about it.

Dorganath

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 08:56:22 am »
Yep, what Talan said is correct.  To put a slightly finer point on it, NWN has no meaningful support for sub-races at all, so all that stuff has to be applied after the character logs into the game, which is generally after NWN has realized that your character doesn't have an ability that's about to be applied.

Like he said, nothing we can do.  Sorry.

Falonthas

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 08:51:51 am »
np was just wondering

so now i know to asing it first thing upon loggin in