The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: server pings  (Read 2863 times)

silverblades

server pings
« on: August 27, 2006, 02:41:35 pm »
Is ther any way possible to limit the number of sites that gamespy brings up when you (join internet game) i try to use the filters  but that doesnt seem to cut the number of sites that gamespy brings up. so i have to immediately hit (favorites) tab at top so i only see layo east west and central. sometimes i dont catch it in time and it brings up about 600 sites at once. Reason being is Im at a hotel and this DSL thinks im a virus on their system because im seeking out so many servers at once so it shuts me down. then i call a LAN line administrator for best western adn they turn me back on again after i reset my IP address.

Is there another loader i can use to go directly to Layonara..there used to be one, but i think it went belly up with a new version up for Layo ..could be wrong..*shrugs* ..Help me out computer ninja's.
There can be only One.

crazedgoblin

RE: server pings
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 02:46:25 pm »
what i do is have Layo on the history tab and when i log on i cancel the bit were it attempts to get all the games so it then defults to history and layo is there

silverblades

Re: server pings
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 09:28:36 pm »
mmm *thinks* ill try it now that im at home so's it dont shut me down ..thanks.
There can be only One.

Jilseponie Wyndon

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 10:31:01 pm »
There is  a favorites tab you can put your fav sites under.  Its what I do.  I can find all the layo servers that way w/out scrolling down the long list.

~ Jil

Etinfall

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 05:23:03 pm »
I just join lan game. It remembers the last server you were on. Course, I do not play any other servers so it works for me.

Etinfall

silverblades

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 05:10:22 pm »
Well i got it to stop looking at so many servers thus shutting me down by doing what crazedgoblin suggested, now i have a new one for ya..i cant get any servers.

Now it seems after playing layo last night it booted me out three times within 10 minutes while talking to Mylindra IG ..but now i cant get the game spy server to show any games available..even my favorites ad nhistory all ahow offline ive tried rebooting, repairing wireless conection calling the LAN administrator, nothing seems to work..i can see chat on gamespy but as far as games ...nothing. I dont have any filters on either.

I know im connecting because it authorizes my name ok, and when i direct connect it says server timed out..like im not even accessing the web. its like gamespy has shut me down or something. any ideas..??
There can be only One.

Etinfall

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2006, 06:22:24 pm »
you can't join by choosing "join lan game" and typing in Layonara's  address?

silverblades

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2006, 07:08:43 pm »
no it doesnt bring up anything that way either. I cant type anything in any of the fields. If i "direct connect" it says , "attempt to find server failed server timed out.
 Oh ..i even created a new user ID and that didnt work either...I tried logging on with my sons character and the same thing happened. I wonder if i have to do a complete removal and reinstall...shees..hope not.
There can be only One.

Weeblie

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2006, 11:25:39 pm »
Try to connect using the command prompt instead. Like:

C:\\NeverwinterNights\\NWN\\nwmain.exe +connect west.layonara.com:5121

Nibor21

RE: server pings
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2006, 11:43:33 pm »
I use 4 easy batch files on my PC

[img=http://www.layonaraonline.com/forums/photos/get-photo.asp?photoid=8695]

Contents are all like this:

@echo off
SET NWN_PATH="C:\\Games\\NeverwinterNights\\NWN"
SET GLR_PATH="C:\\Program Files\\Gnomish Log Rotator"
cd %NWN_PATH%
start /w nwmain.exe +connect west.layonara.com +password XXXXXXXXXX
cd %GLR_PATH%
glr.exe

(password XXXXXXXXX'd out for display purposes)

It just makes it really quick and easy to get into

silverblades

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2006, 07:05:55 pm »
well thankyou verymuch weeblie for the tip it works much faster than loading the way i normally do ..but i still was not able to get on Layanara. it still comes up with the message connection to server has timed out. I even changed the last four numbers (5121) to others..5123, 5126 and so on ..no luck
I wonder if the Layo server has blocked me somehow..is this possible ?

As for the posting by Nibor forgive my ignorance but how does one create a batch file to run and you obviously changed the (connect west.layonara to central and east according to the batch file you were starting.
There can be only One.

Etinfall

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2006, 07:37:59 pm »
silverblades - 9/25/2006  9:05 PM  As for the posting by Nibor forgive my ignorance but how does one create a batch file to run and you obviously changed the (connect west.layonara to central and east according to the batch file you were starting.

No reason to ask forgivness (please forgive my spelling...or lack there of though :) ) I would like to know how to also.

silverblades

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2006, 09:24:19 pm »
So how did you get this program you have written here to run ..is this a from a DOS prompt or something.. aot of help is needed..though i doubt this will solve my problem but im open to anything short of reinstalling NWN
There can be only One.

silverblades

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2006, 11:12:05 am »
well ive logged on finally and it must be something with the dsl line at the hotel i was staying at. Im at the airport and was able to logon from here after a few tries it now works.. Oh Weeblie you have to put (+password xxxxx) after your command string above this is alot faster than my old way though almost too fast..I wish there was a way to get this on a shortcut on my desktop like Nibor21 has wow how did he do that??
There can be only One.

Weeblie

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2006, 01:01:29 pm »
Oh, alrighty!

Well, I didn't test my link before posting it... Sorry, should have done that! ;)

silverblades

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2006, 06:02:16 pm »
well bad news ..its not working again so will have to hash it out with the LAN line administrator for best western. hope he had more options that he did last time or its single player for me all week long..
There can be only One.

silverblades

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2006, 08:35:58 pm »
more bad news ..the LAN line administrators  at best western swear its not on there end even after he helped me change me IP address to an alternate one i wasent able to logon to layonara. Hes pointing the finger at Neverwinternights wondering if i should be paying for the service to play neverwinter...any ideas.?
There can be only One.

anything