The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Shurikens  (Read 2342 times)

Beeep

• View Profile
    Shurikens
    « on: January 06, 2006, 05:09:00 am »
    when I buy Shurikens at the Ranged weapon merchant in Hlint, he says the cost is 0 gold. Haven't bought them elsewhere yet, so no idea if it's everywhere they say they are for free.

I do pay 1 gold though, so problem there, just a cosmetic thing.

orth

RE: Shurikens
    « Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 10:14:00 am »
    There is nothing we can do about this unless you wish to pay 50gp for the stack.  There's no middle ground.  So we accept the cosmetic issue.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 02:35:00 pm »
    Aye; they either cost nothing for each one (which still takes 1gp out of your pocket), or they cost 1gp for each one... Which ends up, in a stack of 50, being 50gp.

Zoom.

Victor

• Followers of Dorand
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 06:29:00 am »
    I'd happily pay 50 gold for the stack if they worked the way they were intended.  As they stand, they are a thrown weapon that does not get strength bonuses.  If I'm not mistaken, D&D rules allowed for multiple shuriken to be thrown in a single round.  Otherwise they seem pretty underpowered.  Is there anyway to improve them, so that they are closer to the pen and paper version?  Having them grant haste along with a movement penalty might do the trick if it permitted additional throwing attacks, but that seems a very ugly solution.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 12:31:00 pm »
    Haste would also grant a bonus to AC and to Attack, I believe... So that's a no-go. Maybe just giving an extra attack, if that's possible (I believe in you, Orth!).

And allowing the STR bonus is a given; come on, now. It's a thrown weapon. Have you ever chucked a shuriken? More strength behind it means more damage when it hits something, be it a wooden target, your uncle's shin, your uncle's cat... Anything.

anything