The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Character freezes while enemies keep fighting  (Read 4360 times)

Riven

Character freezes while enemies keep fighting
« on: September 20, 2019, 07:05:53 pm »
I've been noticing that sometimes the foes get a bunch of attacks in even though I've made the action to be attacking in response. Then I have to actually move my character a step or two away from the beast and attack again, for my character to actually attack the foe.

I saw in the recent grievances thread that Ke'Koa wrote that he, Hellblazer, and Davidhoff have all three also experienced this issue.

Is this a bug?

in game, i play it off as the fog of war, or being temporarily stunned or intimidated, but it's a hassle, and I lose a lot of attacks due to it. It does keep me on my toes to be aware of the battle and deal with the situation as it comes up.

The following users thanked this post: davidhoff

Ke' Koa

Re: Character freezes while enemies keep fighting
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 08:33:01 pm »
Yeah, I lost a SS to this today... 

Script Wrecked

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 11:20:54 pm »
I've had this with one of my characters. They appear to be slightly bobbing/turning back and forth, unable to path towards the opponent. Clicking on the ground to move them and then clicking on the opponent to attack remedies the situation.

Regards,

Script Wrecked.

silverblades

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 06:13:58 am »
Ive noticed it as well. If you kill an enemy and two others are near character cant decide which to attack and will seem to bobble between the two until you click on one to attack.
There can be only One.

Eldoran

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2019, 07:05:21 am »
Yes it happens often to me as well

davidhoff

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2019, 10:07:10 am »
I think were talking about two distinct issues/bugs but very similar.  The first occurs when initiating an attack on an opponent and you sometimes run through the opponent, but the end result is you just sit there bobbing next to the opponent as he dings you...i call this bobbing.  The second issue is when you kill an opponent and it appears that the other opponents are just outside your range so you character does this side to side, double-take thing but doesnt attack...i call that rocking.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 10:09:16 am by davidhoff »

The following users thanked this post: Ke' Koa, Hellblazer, Script Wrecked, willhoff

silverblades

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2019, 03:27:32 pm »
correct. Ive seen both. I no longer click from a distance to attack enemy, other wise you seem to run right thru them. Instead I'll stand and wait till they get much closer then engage, this seems to have eliminated the "Running past or thru enemy" only to find yourself surrounded while they pound on you.
There can be only One.

Riven

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2019, 03:29:25 pm »
Yes, the "bobbing", as Davidhoff calls it, is what I notice a lot. I'm not sure if that happens on other servers or in the single-player game, does anyone know? I don't remember it happening several months ago - do you?

The "rocking", I'm not sure if I"ve noticed that or not...I'll keep my eyes open for it.
:)

silverblades

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2019, 01:49:14 am »
Its never happened to my recollection on old system. If it did we would have said something as we are now.

When you are standing there foes seem to attack as if you are flatfooted even though you seem to be attacking visually, can anyone view a full log detail to see if this is occurring. 
There can be only One.

orth

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2019, 07:43:33 pm »
This bug has been reported to Beamdog, I've confirmed other worlds experience it as well.

The following users thanked this post: Serissa, cbnicholson, Hellblazer, Script Wrecked

anything