The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: chest says different than what it holds  (Read 1410 times)

davidhoff

chest says different than what it holds
« on: June 30, 2017, 12:07:16 am »
Name of Char: Corky EmbercrackleGM Witness: noReproduceable: yesDescription:One of Corky's house chests says one thing for contents but holds different.  When you click on it to view its contents it says:8 nuggets mithril, 3 ingots of titanium, 4 coal, 11 ingots of silver, 7 coal, 2 ingots of adamantium, and 1 nugget of silver.When you open it and look in:4 ingots of silver and 13 coalThe other night I was going through the chests to locate titanium.  Then a night or so after, I went back and this occured.  I'm sure what's listed for the chest is correct and its actual contents are incorrect.

Dorganath

Try taking something out,
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 11:07:27 pm »

Try taking something out, closing the chest, putting that same something back in and closing the chest again to see if the contents list resets to the correct inventory.

davidhoff

Thanks for the help.  I tried
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 12:34:39 pm »

Thanks for the help.  I tried doing what you said, and the chest still reads differently than what's actually in it.  Then I tried taking everything out and leaving it in my inventory, and it still reads the same.  Put it all back and it still reads the same.  It's like the chest log is stuck at some point-in-time.

Dorganath

Can you give me Corky's
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 08:32:24 pm »

Can you give me Corky's address and the approximate location of the chest?

davidhoff

Corky lives at 174 Fort
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 09:21:36 pm »

Corky lives at 174 Fort Wayfare and the chest is through the first door on the left, labeled "Ore2".  Thanks

Dorganath

OK, thanks.I confirmed the
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 09:05:19 pm »

OK, thanks.

I confirmed the error. At the moment, the actual contents of the chest reflect what is listed in the database, which is the official record of what is in the chests. And I verified that the database is updating correctly when items are removed and added, so this appears to be a matter of the description on the chest itself not updating for some reason. I tested another chest in the house and it seemed to have the same issue, though the contents listing happened to agree with the contents.

I looked an another chest in another house and it seemed to behave exactly like it was supposed to.

So, for the moment, the only answer I have is that the description is wrong, but the actual contents are correct.

orth

Re: chest says different than what it holds
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 10:45:19 pm »
Is this no longer an issue? I see there's now an "Ore 2 Refurbished" chest, so I wondered if you just replaced it to correct the problem?

davidhoff

Re: chest says different than what it holds
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2019, 12:36:55 am »
This is no longer an issue.  Dorg helped me and I can't recall what we did , but Corky has decided not to sue.  I can't give the details due to a non disclosure agreement.

The following users thanked this post: orth

anything