The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Cleave?  (Read 5906 times)

jadewillow

Cleave?
« on: June 17, 2021, 09:57:31 pm »

Description: Seems cleave (and great cleave) don't seem to be working against certain enemies. Tane in the Rift once he kills one of the drow warrior on the draw bridge, he just stands up and does not even target the next one right next to him. I have to target each mannually, and not cleave hit obviously. I've noticed this with some other enemies too, like some giants. Thanks.

Verified: Yes

Reproducable: Yes

silverblades

Re: Cleave?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 02:19:40 am »
I believe this quirk is tied to sneak somehow, ( if you were sneaking) At least that's what I noticed when attacking Ogres in mountains past Krandor Crypt.  But this area has tile issues as well. There's one place there where you can walk right past them and they wont attack you.

There can be only One.

davidhoff

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2021, 03:10:25 pm »
This has been happening yes.  Seems random.  The pc just drops guard after a kill and you have to re-enage each enemy manually after that till the spawn is dead.  Then you'll move to a new area and all is fine.

The following users thanked this post: jadewillow

willhoff

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2021, 03:21:33 pm »
It happens to Hank also and he has no sneak attack ability and he wears half plate so no sneaking for him :)

silverblades

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2021, 04:12:20 pm »
I wear full plate and still sneak. Heh
There can be only One.

The following users thanked this post: willhoff

eltalstroneves

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2021, 03:24:30 pm »
I've had this with Alpoah a bit recently. I found restarting NWN fixed the problem.
"By my mother's beard!"
Wanark Thangahaz'a

davidhoff

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2021, 03:36:54 pm »
I think also if you camp in an area, like if you're waiting for herbs to respawn, the you'll get the deal where your char won't auto attack the next enemy, ie drops his guard.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2021, 10:35:41 pm »
I think it may be a bug with the area, honestly.