The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: GMW and Eschew I  (Read 4273 times)

Lord of the Forest

GMW and Eschew I
« on: March 21, 2019, 08:28:22 pm »
Bug Report

Description: Even though my character (Liasanya Whisperwind) has Eschew I, she still needs powdered carbon to cast the spell GMW (innate level 3, sorc also 3). With Eschew I, which negates spell components for spell levels 1-3, I should not need said component.

Verified:

Reproducable: It happened on several occasions.

[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Mar 22 01:02:42] Liasanya Whisperwind casting Greater Magic Weapon
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Mar 22 01:02:44] Liasanya Whisperwind casts Greater Magic Weapon
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Mar 22 01:02:44] You must have a bit of powdered carbon to cast this.

[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Mar 22 01:12:02] Liasanya Whisperwind casting Greater Magic Weapon
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Mar 22 01:12:04] Liasanya Whisperwind casts Greater Magic Weapon
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Mar 22 01:12:04] You must have a bit of powdered carbon to cast this.

Hellblazer

Re: GMW and Eschew I
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 08:52:28 pm »
GMW is a cleric level 4 spells, so maybe that's what skews things up?

davidhoff

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 06:03:26 pm »
Aye, it's a known/discussed issue that gmw requires eschew II

Hellblazer

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 10:33:08 pm »
I wonder, if in the 2da, instead of giving the cleric a different level, why not simply create a copy of the spell Which could be renamed for example Greater Holy weapons, take out all other classes that are not cleric and leave it at level 4. And in the GMW take out the class of cleric. This way 1 now any one else who can cast GMW would be able to take eschew 1 and it cover GMW, and A cleric would have to take eschew 2 to cover GHW?

orth

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 01:37:06 pm »
This was discussed 14 years ago, I don't know why you guys can't keep these things in memory! ;) :P

The last two replies pretty much sum things up.

https://forums.layonara.com/fixed-bugs/greater-magic-weapon-eschew-materials/msg10186885/#msg10186885

It's now possible to consider the caster level so it may be easier but then it's also a question of balance. I'll consider making eschew caster level and not highest inate level.

The following users thanked this post: Hellblazer, willhoff