The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Paladin Warhorses not Dismounting  (Read 1387 times)

cbnicholson

Paladin Warhorses not Dismounting
« on: April 29, 2019, 11:20:19 pm »
Apologies,  I waited a few tries again and they were all there, so it worked.  Thanks Orth!  Just one small issue for another day.  Jo Poetr's warhorse got broken when I ported while mounted.  I couldn't dismount.  Then I  remembered your advice from years ago about NOT doing exactly that.  Sorry.  Also, it appeared that Daniel's  purchased horse Edward the second , was staked in center while I was logged in as Jo, which I  don't think is right. Dunno.
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

orth

Re: Paladin Warhorses not Dismounting
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 03:03:55 pm »
Moved this to bugs because it sounds like a bug. Should be no issue porting with warhorses nor should it ever impact dismounting.

I did fix the horses not being logged out with the player, will be in next patch.

orth

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 05:18:20 pm »
I tried replicating the paladin issue but had no luck. Anything else you can tell me? Did you get any feedback when trying to dismount with the saddle or just nothing happened?  Did you log in mounted or anything?

cbnicholson

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 07:05:27 pm »
Nothing happened.  I logged back in today and no warhorse, but Jo can't summon his..he already has one per the system. 

Oscar Wilde

orth

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 07:14:01 pm »
For now if you have a problem where you can't summon, use the saddle (it will give you an error message) then try the whistle again. I'm working on fixing this.

The following users thanked this post: cbnicholson, Hellblazer

orth

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2019, 11:16:11 pm »
Both these issues should be corrected.

I also made sure horses are scaled the same as the PC.

cbnicholson

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2019, 05:15:31 pm »
Okay, more paladin warhorse oddness.  I think..*lowers his voice looking around for invisible hoofprints* I think my horse might be a wizard.  He's invisible.  I heard him running toward me when I blew my whistle, but I couldn't see him.  I felt his breath //saw his name with Tab// but I couldn't touch him.

Oscar Wilde

The following users thanked this post: davidhoff

orth

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2019, 05:38:31 pm »
Okay, more paladin warhorse oddness.  I think..*lowers his voice looking around for invisible hoofprints* I think my horse might be a wizard.  He's invisible.  I heard him running toward me when I blew my whistle, but I couldn't see him.  I felt his breath //saw his name with Tab// but I couldn't touch him.

Hehe, we were just discussing this bug in discord.

It is related to me setting the size of the horse to the PC's size. If you didn't change your size then it was setting the horse scale to 0

I just reset the server with a hopeful fix to that and some other things.

The following users thanked this post: cbnicholson

orth

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2019, 12:34:40 pm »
This was fixed.