The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Resting in shapechanged form  (Read 1106 times)

Frendh

Resting in shapechanged form
« on: July 14, 2014, 08:23:13 am »
When you hit rest in shapechanged form it seems like you recast the form. But when you recast the form it does not layo merge the items.  If you hit rest and you keep going because the rest timer has not  reached zero yet it is likely you will end up dead if you have not noticed you lost your item bonuses. I tested in bear form, water elemental form and air elemental form.I do not think this needs fixing unless it is easy to fix. But I think awareness is important so people do not die because of it, mostly a problem in magic dead areas (since I was told you are not allowed to turn into a form inside a magic dead area).

Dorganath

Let me see if I understand
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 08:23:16 am »

Let me see if I understand correctly....

Are you saying you're in shapechanged/polymorphed form and you hit rest but cancel that rest (or you rest before the rest timer has elapsed) and then finding out it messes with your shapechanged/polymorphed bonuses and things?

Frendh

It happens when I try to rest
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 08:34:18 am »

It happens when I try to rest before the rest timer has elapsed(rest timer hits zero) while I am still in shapechanged form. The rest becomes automatically canceled and the text window tells me there is X minutes until I can rest.

The shapechange form's stats remain the same, the bonuses/stats you get from the form itself. But the rings etc that have been added in the layo merge do not give their bonuses. Default merge seem to be working, as in shield/armor/helm(not fully tested).

Example:

I have diamond wisdom jewelry, gives total +6 wisdom. Base wisdom in shapechanged form is 20. I change into bear form. I now have 26 in wisdom. I hit rest button, but I need to wait 4 more minutes until I can rest. Wisdom is now 20 and I am still in bear form.

Dorganath

OK thanks for the description
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 08:58:46 am »

OK thanks for the description and thanks for warning people about this issue.

Some of what happens upon resting is Bioware's fault and some is under our control, so off the top of my head, I don't know how difficult it would be to fix this for the scenario you describe.  Though we interfere with the resting process, it may be that Bioware strips certain things immediately before our custom rest handler kicks in.

In the absence of any solution in code, my best suggestion is to keep a general track of your rest interval and avoid resting before it exprires. Since I know accidents happen, my more practical suggestion is to re-map/un-map the Rest function away from the "R" key and only use the Rest button under your character portrait.

orth

Re: Resting in shapechanged form
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 11:09:55 pm »
This has been fixed somewhat. The character save portion that happens even on a cancelled rest does a unpolymorph/repolymorph. If a player is polymorphed/shapechanged and has a cancelled rest then that logic will not fire.

It should be fine, just know your character info is not saved if you incur a cancelled rest while shapechanged/polymorphed. If you rest while shapechanged/polymorphed successfully then your character is properly saved.