The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Sonic Damage of Greater Rage  (Read 3256 times)

Chazzler

Sonic Damage of Greater Rage
« on: February 03, 2012, 10:46:43 am »
Description: The sonic damage (1-4 static points) caused by a barbarian in Greater Rage, are not subject to Damage Reduction from spells such as Energy Buffer etc.
Could be feat-related.

Verified:

Reproducable: Yep, at least according to me / n/a

davidhoff

Re: Sonic Damage of Greater Rage
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 12:20:56 pm »
I looked Greater Rage up on Wiki and interesting enough Wiki does not indicate that Greater Rage gives the sonic bonus at all; must be an addition made specifically for Layo.

I know that the magical damage given by the clerical spell Battletide is not affected by damage resistance or immunities (ie, magic resist 5/-).  That's because its considered a "damage increase affect".  Maybe this sonic damage is similar to that.

EDIT:  Ah, just read your other post where you already noted that Battletide magical damage is not affected by damage resistance, so maybe you already knew that.

Dremora

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 01:32:47 pm »
Do you have thundering rage? Doesn't that apply sonic dmg to your greater rage feat

davidhoff

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 02:49:32 pm »
Per Wiki, Thundering Rage does not apply sonic but mainly adds 2d6 to critical damage.  Interesting side note, if you're weapon already has massive criticals properties on it, then the thundering rage extra crit damage will not be applied.

Dremora

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 04:44:31 pm »
Ah it was a deafening effect added. Close but not quite

jrizz

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 11:22:26 pm »
It is specific to layo.

anything