The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Typo Thread  (Read 12819 times)

Chongo

Re: Typo Thread
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2009, 08:00:39 pm »
Ok good... between you and me... you may want to head back to that spot.

O.o:o;)

Obsydian

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 12:52:50 am »
Description of the Katar (at least the copper one):

Quote from: Katar

The katar is also known as a punching dagger, discrete and efficient.

I'm pretty sure it should be "discreet", as in "quiet and subtle", rather than "discrete".

darkstorme

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2009, 09:16:04 pm »
The description of Axe Head Amber:

Apple juice gives this brew it's amber color and delightful flavor.  The name is derived from the Axe Head flower, which grows on Rilara in the apple groves.

Should be "its" and "Alindor" (obviously).

darkstorme

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2009, 09:25:37 pm »
Also, the description of Desert Firstbloom Wildflowers:

Growing on the skirts of the Sword Rusts Mountain, right at the edge where they meet the blazing sun of the Blood Desert, this strange small flower...

Should be "Ire Mountains" and "Spirit Dunes".  The syntax of the rest of the description could also use correction, but that's neither here nor there.

darkstorme

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2009, 09:46:59 pm »
Two more drinks:

Black Knight Malt
:

The partial recipe for this brew was found behind a stack of barrels by one of the Leilon Arms Brewers...

Leringard Arms, naturally, whether or not it's still standing.

Will-o-Whiskey

An accidental success is the best way to describe Will-O-Whiskey.  An adventurer and brew master from List was passing through the High Moors when he captured the essence of a Will'O wisp....

List may be something that can remain, since it only vanished during the Dark Ages and may still be canon.  The High Moors, however, are now the Black Dog Moors.  The last bit highlighted is just a typo.

And another two items:

Gnomish Lens:

This circular prism enables it's user to both see the invisible and also to dazzle foes with it's prismatic glow, spraying them in color.

(Might also be "spraying them WITH color", but less crucial.)

The Designer:

This ornate ring that some might find garish or others consider it amazing were all the range in Pranzis a few decades ago...

Should be omitted, should be "was" (or "this ornate ring" should be "these ornate rings"), and, of course, should be "Prantz".

And that covers basically everything Kell was carrying.

Shiokara

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2009, 11:55:20 pm »
Quote from: darkstorme

The Designer: This ornate ring that some might find garish or others consider it amazing were all the range in Pranzis a few decades ago...

Should be omitted, should be "was" (or "this ornate ring" should be "these ornate rings"), and, of course, should be "Prantz".

This needs a bit more work, I think, because the beginning part that reads, "that some might find garish or others consider it amazing," sounds a little awkward. Here are some possible alternatives:

These ornate rings, which some wearers find garish, were all the rage in Prantz a few decades ago.

While some find these ornate rings garish, others find them amazing, and they were all the rage in Prantz a few decades ago.

This ornate ring that some find garish, others consider amazing, and they were all the rage in Prantz a few decades ago.

The Gnomish Lens description is also wordier than it needs to be. Where it says, "This circular prism enables it's user to both see the invisible and also to dazzle foes with it's prismatic glow, spraying them in color" it could just say, "This circular prism enables its user to see the invisible and dazzle foes with its prismatic glow, spraying them with color".

darkstorme

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2009, 02:54:36 am »
And two more drinks:

Black Horse Ale:

This recipe was traced back to its maker who lived on Dregar.  He would mix just the right amount of blackberries with almonds.  The fellow owned a black stallion, which he rode to Pranzis making ale deliveries to the Hotel Layonara.

Jumpin' Juniper Brau:

A drink brewed using juice derived from the Juniper Berry.  This spicy brew was first introduced at the Juniper Berry Festival in Lannisport on Rilara...

Hellblazer

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2009, 01:52:33 pm »
In the Marrent Aylomen dialog (the vehl doctor) there is a typo in this dialog.

Oh yes they are the future you know. man should rely on himself for healing not the gods. So i am stdying to heal without the aid of the gods and their whims.

aslo that might be just me, but i think there should be a ? at the you know.

Script Wrecked

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2009, 09:14:46 pm »
[INDENT]"Oh yes, they are the future, you know."[/INDENT]

is a statement, not a question. He's not asking if you know, but rather asserting that you know (or that you should know). Unfortunately, written communication fails to convey the tonal intonation that would express how something is being said. The same thing happens in forum posts. :)

darkstorme

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2010, 02:37:56 am »
The drop from certain low-level spawns is a "Stone Cutting Knive".

Dorganath

« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2010, 10:16:49 pm »
Typos above this post have been handled/corrected.

Chazzler

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2010, 12:15:07 pm »
The examinable Monument in Mariner's Hold refers to Mariner's Hold as Point Harbor.

HooD!uM

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2010, 06:31:49 pm »
the bindstone in the temple at castle mask..is not called castle mask...says castle raxwell or something like that, cant remember now, but i saw it a couple days ago.

Chazzler

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2010, 10:35:58 pm »
Spellswords's ability to Imbue electrical damage to weapons says "Imbue: Electricty" and not Electricity, when they use the ability.

Hellblazer

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2010, 11:08:36 pm »
A few of the recipes on stations are written essense, instead of essence.

darkstorme

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2010, 12:15:13 am »
Quote from: Hellblazer
A few of the recipes on stations are written essense, instead of essence.

In fact, every one of the essences are titled with "Essense" of x, and all recipes that call for them use the same spelling.

Hellblazer

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2010, 12:17:23 am »
I didn't know every one were, I just noticed those I need for Feh's craft were. Good thing to point out.

Dorganath

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2010, 12:29:05 am »
The typos above will be fixed in the next update.

Ravemore

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2010, 12:18:09 am »
Hope this is the right place... :)

On LORE page for "Neutral Evil."....

Neitral Evil Characters:

Dorganath

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2010, 01:08:34 am »
Quote from: Ravemore
Hope this is the right place... :)

On LORE page for "Neutral Evil."....