The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Vampire Webweaver inaction  (Read 1022 times)

Xaltotun

Vampire Webweaver inaction
« on: January 18, 2013, 03:59:06 am »
Description: Nym and I explored the Leringard Undercity Tombs and noticed that the Vampire Webweavers never attacked us and just stood still even when we were attacking them. They seemed to be, buffed and invisible, but just stood and took no actions.

Verified: Nym'roos Cladanna and Eleandilthessa Quil'lyn (me) both saw this on every spawn of this monster.

Reproducable: We went down to the locked doors (it was both our first time ever down these areas) and turned back so didn't repeat the areas to verify if this lack of action was consistent.

By the way, a great new set of areas (we both thought) so well done whoever designed them.

Dremora

Re: Vampire Webweaver inaction
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 11:50:42 am »
Clarity and confirmation:

I was there and besides defensive buffs, no reaction, attacks, movement nada.

Credit to Diva for the maps as I understand it, nice place for sure; the lair is much creepier looking than most crypts and I like the heavy darkness of the undercity. Realistic.

Locked doors = the two doors in the Forgotten Lair that require a key to unlock.

Xaltotun

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 04:37:29 pm »
Thanks D-man and I had also forgotten about the two locked doors.

Alatriel

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 10:20:37 pm »
I'll try to check it out.  thanks for the heads up.  I knew where they were, but thanks for the clarification anyway :)

Chazzler

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 02:14:16 pm »
I recall reproducing similar behaviour as Görmungard in the Deep when fighting the winged vampire spellcasters (female), when I rage and they fail the will save, they stop casting spells which is weird, since undead should be immune to fear.

Hellblazer

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 10:56:41 am »
Quote from: Chazzler
I recall reproducing similar behaviour as Görmungard in the Deep when fighting the winged vampire spellcasters (female), when I rage and they fail the will save, they stop casting spells which is weird, since undead should be immune to fear.

In the case of gorm it's not his rage that makes them stop. but.. :)

orth

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 07:20:54 pm »
Fixed in next update.

anything