The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Whirlwind attack bug?  (Read 5153 times)

orth

Whirlwind attack bug?
« on: March 24, 2017, 05:09:30 pm »
Is there a trick to do whirlwind attack without it bugging out. After using it character will not attack or do anything else. its as if it has not finished that command.The only way to attack anything again is relog.

WarriorOfTheLance

Now that the server runs on
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 11:51:26 am »

Now that the server runs on linux whirlwind attack is bugged. There is no trick to it. Every NPC and player character and monster that uses whirlwind attack is subject to this bug.  In order to fix this bug you must call ClearAllActions(TRUE);  in the script related to whirlwind attack, after the attack finishes... Yes this leads to the player and NPC becoming temporarily flat footed, there aren't many other workarounds that will do the job, that's the best one can do.

I just lost my Ox and everything on the ox because of this bug.

silverblades

*shakes his fist at stupid
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 08:42:35 pm »

*shakes his fist at stupid penguin*

Ok,  so  basically dont use it (becuase i dont know how to execute said command)

There can be only One.

willhoff

I've never had this problem
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 10:54:13 pm »

I've never had this problem with my character Vrebel even after the switch to Linux.  I just tried today using whirlwind attack on gnolls in the ire mountains, bugbears on Dalanthar and the vampires in the same area in the sinister forest.   wiki says that this problem occurs if you are fighting exactly three creatures and running linux or mac.   I tried all three above creatures in sets of three and had no freeze ups.

It does take up a full round to perform whirlwind attack (and you have to wait for the creatures to get there attacks in) so there is a long wait inbetween attacks but I've never had a freeze.

Hope this helps, guess just watch out for groups of three!

mixafix

I am unable to use whirlwind.
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 03:58:57 am »

I am unable to use whirlwind. This has been the case since some time-  it prevents pc fighting. So not sure?