The World of Layonara  Forums

Linked Events

• No Tinks, No Problem!: March 27, 2021

Author Topic: Quest: No Tinks, No Problem!  (Read 7092 times)

Lily

Quest: No Tinks, No Problem!
« on: March 03, 2021, 11:56:54 am »

Rumours spread of a lonely pixie flying around at the Stormcrest Crossroads, crying out for help. Just what could have happened to her to make such a scene ... any why or when did the portal to Dalanthar start pulsating?
Are there any brave adventurers around offering help to a pixie in distress? Who knows, it might even turn into an interesting adventure...

Date: 2021-03-27
Time: 7 PM UTC (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Quest%3A+No+Tinks%2C+No+Problem%21&iso=20210327T20&p1=37&ah=4)
Levels: 1-15
Location: Stormcrest Crossroads (between Center and Fort Vehl)

//Note that I like you guys showing up on time! Might be a cultural thing, but it shows respect. Those who show up 15+ mins late are only rewarded half of the amount in FP and any other rewards!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 05:28:09 pm by Weeping Lily »

Hellblazer

Re: Quest: No Tinks, No Problem!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 01:48:24 pm »
I can make that!

Riven

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2021, 02:42:25 pm »
I'll be there!

with my level 3 mycon sewer cleaner.....

just kidding. Barley, the bouncer at Scamps Mug in Hempstead, would be delighted to join! (lv 10 brawler)

Script Wrecked

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 08:25:12 am »
Is there room for a twelfth level wizard?

~Script Wrecked
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 11:14:51 am by Script Wrecked »

Lily

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2021, 09:25:47 am »
Of course! While I cap the max level, every char within the given range is welcome.

Hellblazer

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2021, 10:54:39 am »
An here I was all happy.. then martlet burst my bubble and told me it was not today but on the 27 :'( ah well I'll be happy on that sat!

Lily

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2021, 05:30:40 pm »
Bumping for visibility. Also added some quest details, such as starting location!

cbnicholson

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2021, 05:47:37 pm »
Looks like 2 pm for me, I'm planning on busting out my 12th lvl Ranger of Xeen.
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

Hellblazer

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2021, 09:24:55 pm »
I'll have my cleric lass ready for that quest!

Hellblazer

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2021, 11:41:37 pm »

First! holy wow!

//Note that I like you guys showing up on time! Might be a cultural thing, but it shows respect. Those who show up 15+ mins late are only rewarded half of the amount in FP and any other rewards!

Secondly is there a infinite like icon somewhere?

Script Wrecked

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2021, 01:52:17 am »

Just a view from the other side of the coin:

I turned up 45 minutes late to Milton's quest last week rather than 15 minutes early as I had intended. I had put the time as given in the quest into www.timeanddate.com, and got a time that, as it turned out, was 60 minutes late. Given that www.timeanddate.com is not wrong in its calculations, and I used the time as posted, there is only one possible reason for this aberration.

Having sufferred this problem throughout my questing career, I have had plenty of time to cogitate on what might be causing quest times to be posted that are repeatedly out by an hour for me, and yet accurate for the majority of players.

It came to me, as I sat cross legged on the top of the mountain in deep contemplation, that this problem would occur if the quest poster was not aware when they are on summer time, aka daylight savings time. The quest poster posts a time for the non-daylight-savings time zone when they should use the daylight-savings time zone.

All the locals arrive at the correct time because they are on/are not on daylight savings at the same time as the quest poster. Whereas the players in a different hemisphere, taking the times posted in good faith, get knobbled.

Given that the quest time you posted happen to be the same quest times as Milton posted, I will endeavour to arrive an hour early to be on time (5am local time),

Last week, I arrived 45 minutes late to Milton's quest, rather than the 15 minutes early I had intended. This was despite putting the quest time as listed into www.timeanddate.com.

Coincidentally, your quest time is the same as Milton's; I will endeavour to arrive an hour early to be on time.

~Script Wrecked
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 09:29:35 am by Script Wrecked »

The following users thanked this post: Hellblazer, willhoff

Lily

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2021, 02:59:57 am »
Let me rephrase then: Having the algorithm come up with the wrong time is an issue I will have to endure. Another thing is folks just not caring that a quest is about to start. That is where we have to differentiate. If there is a set date /appointment I do all the preparations in advance to show up on point and not start preparing by the time the meeting is already supposed to take place. I know my boss will be pretty angry if I don't show up on a meeting on time.

Furthermore, I also provided the UTC (https://www.timeanddate.com/time/aboututc.html) starting time so it is easy to determine and look up the local time. EDT is UTC-4, EST is UTC-5. AEST is UTC+10, AEDT is UTC+11, just to give a few examples. Timezones can be tricky, especially with Daylight Savings starting happening not universally around the globe, hence providing the UTC time.

The following users thanked this post: Script Wrecked

Hellblazer

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2021, 06:20:40 am »
Normally the website used by Lily (and many others as myself) automatically adjust for the day light saving time. So not sure what's up there?

Hellblazer

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2021, 08:24:15 pm »

Memento of the first quest ran by Lily since the big comeback!

The following users thanked this post: swoop, Script Wrecked, Riven, willhoff

anything