The World of Layonara  Forums

Linked Events

• Storm on the Horizon: October 17, 2020

Author Topic: Storm on the Horizon  (Read 3567 times)

ChrysEllis

Storm on the Horizon
« on: October 16, 2020, 08:15:30 pm »
*Posted on boards in various towns* Are you an able-bodied, able-minded, or just a belligerent adventurer?  We need you to join us on a most important outing.  A dragon stirs in the depths of one of the caves near Audira.  We fear it will make its way to the surface and wreak havoc on the surrounding area.  Before that happens, we will venture into its lair to prevent it from doing so.  Will you help save the people and lands from this terrible menace?

Meet at the Prantz main gate if you wish to help.  All adventuring types and levels of experience welcome.  That being said, teamwork and strategy will be a key to our survival.  Protection from all the elements, espcecially fire and electricity, will be helpful.  Of course, bandages and potions will always come in handy, so bring enough to share!

Meeting time:
Saturday, Oct. 17
12:00 pm edt
9:00 am pdt
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 12:21:17 am by ChrysEllis »

The following users thanked this post: Hellblazer

Xiaobeibi

Re: Storm on the Horizon
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 08:21:57 am »
//Assuming this trip is IC

*faintly glowing script appears beneath the posters*
What manner of folly is this, do you desire to bring nought but death and destruction upon the lands? Even if you were to succeed have you considered the response. Do you honestly believe *any* dragon will just sit by while its kin and kind are assassinated in their lairs! Even if they care little for each other they *all* care enough about themselves to impress upon the world the true meaning of dragon awe when threatened.

Desist and pray that the eyes and ears they have across the lands will report this as nothing more than the drunken bravado of fools not to be taken serious by any.

*Signed with a sigil composed of a tower obscured by mist*

The following users thanked this post: Hellblazer, davidhoff

Lily

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 11:49:36 am »
*Evelyn comes across one of the posted notes in Center, reads it carefully and looks somewhat aghast, a look you do not see on her every day. She sighs slightly, clenches her fists and starts writing a note, pinning it underneath the original one.*

I am not quite sure if this attempt is brave or just plain foolish, definitely it is just not wise and any wise man would agree with me on this, as these attempts have already brought loss and famine over the world years ago. And yet, history seems to repeat itself.

Have you people forgotten what happened after yet another incursion into the Black Plague’s lair? Retaliation.

I know, this is not the Black Plague’s lair, but this particular dragon has been residing in the desert for ages already and no adventurer dared to meddle with the dragon up to this point. Many did not even know about its whereabouts.

Anyway, no matter the outcome of this madness, I fear there will be retaliations, in one form or the other. You may be victorious, but you may also bring everyone else suffering. Only time will tell…

*signed, Evelyn Sylphide*

The following users thanked this post: cbnicholson, Hellblazer

cbnicholson

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2020, 03:10:58 pm »
*Daniel leaves a quick entry in his journal*

A flash of fire across the sky of Auderia near to the cave of Longstorm the blue.  Will investigate more in the future.  //location, Wandering Dunes, The Great Desert

//Kudo and thanks to Xiao Lin, Valaria, Riven, Magnus, Martlet, Celador (for the appearance and rp), and mostly to Weepling Lily, the dm.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 03:14:18 pm by cbnicholson »
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

The following users thanked this post: Hellblazer

Hellblazer

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 08:27:20 pm »
*As Fehriel sees the the note he growls in a low growls as no one has ever heard him do before he then rips off the note. In it's place a note hung by a dagger with a wolf decorated handle*

You FOOLS!! It's not enough that we had the black plague, but we've lost so many towns, villages and people to the green dragon cult war. You are placing my pack in danger, I will have word with you... if word they are.

A wolf paw with an elaborate F in the center is stamped

*Fehriel then storms out heading to Prantz to speak with some of the denizen on who might have gathered there on their way to an excursion.*
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 08:29:25 pm by Hellblazer »

The following users thanked this post: Tobias