The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: CDQ Request - Vamili  (Read 668 times)

Maestro3P

• View Profile
    CDQ Request - Vamili
    « on: September 01, 2012, 02:24:11 am »
    I'm not entirely sure how to request a CDQ. I guess my request is in my original message. If this is not the right location or this post does not contain the desired contents, could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!

Vamili's Bio
    Vamili's CDT

Quote from: Tanman
    Hi!

I will be glad to do the CDs for you but you will have to be approved for it first. Submit a request and get approval for it. Once that is done and ticked off we'll take the next step. Thanks!
    Quote from: Maestro3P
    Tanman,

I'd like for my new character to become a Pale Master. I will start a CDT today too, to document his progress in that direction. Would you do me the honor of running the CDQ?

Also, can you guide me through the process of the CDQ's, as this will be my first CDQ :)

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Maestro3P

Lance Stargazer

Re: CDQ Request - Vamili
    « Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 11:02:33 am »
    Greetings Maestro

First .. The answer of the question depends on what you want for a CDQ. For example to start working to the path to a diferent class, or something like that you may need to be approved for the class attempt first, this is done thru the process of the Character submissions.

I see that you attempt to go for a Prestige class there, and approached to a GM for it, that is good , but in order for him to be able to run that for you you may need to be approved for the class (attempt) first .

How does this work ? Its simple

From  Character submisions polcies.

Prestige Class (PrC) resubmissions
    PrC submissions are changing as follows:
    • Agent of the Realm, Knight, Dwarven Defender, Champions, Palemaster and Assassin     are a multi step process that require an updated biography, a well     tended development thread and either a WLDQ or one or more CDQs,     depending on the character.
    This means that you may need to start the CDT ( development thread ), and advance the development on it till you consider then that may fill what is needed for the basics of the class .

Once that is done, you have to Resubmit the character ( Naming it Resubmission -  XXX ) , and state the actual level , and the new intended level split, giving an update biography of the char, and the links to the CDT  and the original submission, Once this is fullfilled the CA team will look at the biography and will instruct on the next steps to follow, this being keeping up with the CDT , pointing out some things that may be out of LORE ,or so ( or approving for the attempt on the class right away ).

Once the process is done, you'll be approved to try the CDQ, and any of the GM will be able to run it for you.  You only have to go thru this process once for each class, If for some reason the CDQ fails or doesn't get you to your goal, you may try another CDQ without going with all the process again ( granted is for the same class of course ).

Anyway . If there are questions Please post here, or my pmbox is open as well

Cheers

JC /  Redeemer

Rowana

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 06:31:50 pm »
    I'd also like to add that we have a limitation of one CDQ pursuit at a time. You have one with me already in process, though I recognize the length of delay in my case (as noted in my CDQ thread)! You are always welcome to move to another GM (in any situation) if you so desire, or change out requests to pursue a different thread of development etc. We're flexible. We just need to know and we need to have you pursuing just one active line of development going at once (largely due to limited manpower).

Feel free to drop me a PM with your updated plan of action/intent/desire to move forward. I (nor will/would any GM likely) won't be offended if you need to move to a more active GM, Promise!

~row

Maestro3P

• View Profile
      « Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 01:30:23 am »
      Ah, you're right, I totally missed that

Quote from: Dorganath
      As a reminder, a player cannot schedule another CDQ with any GM until a requested CDQ has been completed or canceled.

Sending a PM :)

Maestro3P

• View Profile
        « Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 08:09:44 am »
        Thanks Lance, that actually clarified a lot for me. I've re-requested the CDQ, the proper way this time :)

anything