The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Dante Bal'roc  (Read 495 times)

ShiffDrgnhrt

Dante Bal'roc
« on: November 02, 2009, 01:39:24 pm »
Character: Dante Bal'roc
Class: Wizard
Race: Human
Alignment: True Neutral
Deity: Pyrtechon

Biography:

"So you want to know why I do what I do, do you?" the man in the robe said as he paced back and forth across the maple floor boards, watching the man tied to the chair. "Well, you seem to know who I am, but let me formally introduce myself. -I- am Dante Bal'roc, Arcanist, Meta-physicist, Conjurer... -I- am many things..." He grinned a bit, blinking his cold eyes as he peered from inside his hood at his companion. "Foremost though, I am ... Your executioner..." The hooded man let out a wicked, cruel laugh, but the man in the chair didn't move. He didn't even flinch. He was laughing too, his read resting on his own shoulder.  Dante glared at him, walking over to his to grab him by the hair and straighten out the man's head, glaring into his eyes.  "I'm glad you find it amusing..."  He then reached for a bowl behind the mans head with three slowly burning mushrooms inside and stuck it under the mans nose.  "Since you're enjoying them so much, have some more."  One whiff later the man's eyes opened wider, his head swayed from side to side, and he looked up at Dante as if mesmerized.

"Now that I have your attention..." he said firmly, "let me enlighten you a bit on why I'm here..."  He glanced at the oil lamp not far from where the man was sitting and uttered a phrase, and it was lit.  It was then the man saw Dante's facial features.  His face was narrow, ending in an almost pointed chin.  His eyes were slanted slightly and deep set, with pronounced and thick eyebrows.  His nose was small and ended in a point, with almost slitted nostrils.  His lips were small, but his teeth were "normal" save for two canines, seemingly filed to a point.    He grinned at his captive, and let his tongue slide form his mouth with a hiss.  Walking back to the man he removed the haullicogenic mushroom-filled bowl from the man's lap.  By now the man's eyes were glazed over and locked on Dante.

//Feel free to finish it as you like  :)  This was an 'evil' PC I had envisioned but never had the heart to finish writing.  Feel free to change anything you like.

Carillon

Re: Dante Bal'roc ~ Definately not Ready
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 04:07:03 pm »
Hi Shiff,

Thank you for your submission but if you look at our guidelines for submission, you might note that we are only accepting submissions for Rangers, Barbarians, Fighters and Rogues at this time.

(Also, I think a lot of the "evil" is still showing through. He comes off as much more evil than TN, to put it mildly ... which isn't going to work.)

However ... we are currently working on a brand new project that this submission might fit with, so with your permission I'll leave it here for now until it can be moved over to the new system.

~Carillon

Carillon

Re: Dante Bal'roc
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 11:29:58 pm »
Moved to the Character Library!

ShiffDrgnhrt

Re: Dante Bal'roc
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 11:54:41 pm »
Just to point out, in case someone is interested.  I am going to try and finish this story at some point, and then repost it here for anyone to use.  However if someone else wants to, just PM me.  We can talk or you can just take it wherever you want.  What's written is enough to be the start of almost any beginning of a story that could end with torturing someone.

Anyway, I will toy with my ideas for this Character.

anything