The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Character re-Submission - Groosh  (Read 1707 times)

55060hacker

Character re-Submission - Groosh
« on: November 05, 2015, 12:46:32 am »
Character Name: Groosh
Character Age: 20
Character Class: Druid 5/ Ranger
Character Race: Goblin
Character Gender: Male
Character Alignment: TN
Deity Associated With: The Great Oak
Character Birthplace:  Goblin Wastelands, near Hlint
Character Biography:

From an early age, Groosh felt he was different from his clanspeople.  He felt a kinship with nature instead of the normal goblinoid urge to destroy it.
One day, when he was about 14, he felt a strong, curious pull into the Silkwood Forest.  While there, he came across a group of druids who were in a ceremony worshipping the Great Oak.  
He watched patiently and was awed by what he saw there.  Later that day, he was discovered by some of the druids who recognized him as a kindred spirit.
They offered to train him in the druidic arts.  After several grueling but satisfying years, the druids of the Silkwood Forest proclaimed him ready to serve the Great Oak on his own.    

Extra Credit:

Height: 3'4"
Weight: 45 lbs.
Hair: Wispy black

Rowana

Hello 55060hacker,At this
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 12:21:51 pm »

Hello 55060hacker,

At this time Goblins are not open for submission. Please hang on to this application for a time frame when the monstrous races open up again. (watch this thread for that update: http://layonara.com/threads/1284857-exotic-race-submissions-re-opened)

Thank you for your understanding,

~row

55060hacker

Sorry, I thought this post
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 01:15:04 am »

Sorry, I thought this post said goblins weren't on the restricted list.

Quote from: "Rowana"&cid="2753747"

For the time being I am removing Orc and Goblin from the restriction list. I will be opening up a window for monstrous race applications in May, date/time to be announced.

~row

Rowana

Oops, you are correct. My
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 12:52:10 pm »

Oops, you are correct. My apologies, I was thinking of the older rules. I'll get back to this application as soon as I can.

Thanks!
~row

Rowana

Hello again 55060hacker,I'm
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 10:07:39 am »

Hello again 55060hacker,

I'm afraid I cannot approve this character, in this combination, for you at this time. The rules state that to qualify for CN you must have been active in the last 4 consecutive months prior to application. (link here) You will need to either, shift the class to Cleric and play a Priest of Az'atta (with NG or CG alignment), or shift to a TN spell caster in order for a goblin approval. (link here)

If you are really wanting to stick to this character as written you can resubmit after 4 months of active play. I would recommend in that time expanding on the application due to the race and alignment both requiring a bit more elaboration for approval.

Let me know how you'd like to proceed and we can go from there!

~row

Rowana

Hello 55060hacker,Sorry to
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 01:11:54 pm »

Hello 55060hacker,

Sorry to weigh in when it may be too early, but I can't tell if your update was supposed to be final or not. (We like to have some kind of thread bump from the player tor be sure.) So if this is premature, my apologies. I'm mostly going ahead and commenting because my offer for an approvable path may not have been clear enough. The update from CN to TN would not apply to druid or ranger. "Spellcaster" is sorcerer or wizard. That would, of course, require a bio reimagining. Unfortunately, we are going to need some fleshing out for a goblin application. In the teir of difficulty, goblin applications need a fair amount of support. They also require some IG editing by a GM IIRC, so be prepared for that as well.

Regards,

~row

55060hacker

Yes, I know my character
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 04:36:53 pm »

Yes, I know my character needs some fleshing out.  

I thought there was precedent for a ranger or druid  to be classified as a spell-caster per this thread http://layonara.com/threads/1229402-goblin-spellcasters  If not, I must have been mistaken in my understanding.

Rowana

That thread doesn't come up
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 06:19:06 pm »

That thread doesn't come up for me, could you double check the link for me? Since the revision of our rules the last time around, I was not aware of such an exception but if there's precedent we can certainly consider it.

Thanks,

~row

55060hacker

layonara.com/threads/1229402-
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2015, 08:22:57 am »

layonara.com/threads/1229402-goblin-spellcasters  -- for some reason it was giving extra characters at the end of the link....

Rowana

According to our policy we do
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2015, 10:27:18 am »

According to our policy we do not generally allow references for applications older than 9 months. (Per the link here)

Relevant text:

"A note on citing old applications in argument with the GM/CA staff:
Many people have cited examples of old applications as proof of our prior standards and allowances. That forum is kept for a great many reasons, not the least of which is for the GM staff to interact deeply with the characters that do make it through the process. Citing applications for your case that are more then nine months in age likely cites irrelevant information that no longer applies to the process. The process of character approving is ever evolving to keep up with lore standards and standards of play. As such we make semi frequent changes to best serve the community."

Further, however, the referenced character was approved as evil and thus well within the necessary rules for goblin aligment. No exception for what spellcasters qualified for the TN alignment was given. The question that referenced Nonac never manifested into a character that would have been vetted by the LoreMaster (EdtheKet).  I have searched back through the vetting process and no goblins have been given the go ahead to be approved with 'ranger as a spellcaster' to bypass the strict alignment rules.

I would be willing to take that question to the powers that be. I will tell you honestly that you will probaby have a long wait before we can move forward with the application. Certain parties that need to address the issue are not immediately available. I do not want to give an inkling of hope on this either as the post you linked was absolutely not vetted/preapproved by the powers that be.

Let me know how you would like to proceed.

~row

anything