The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Character Submission - Kyle Braister  (Read 564 times)

LordCove

Character Submission - Kyle Braister
« on: August 27, 2021, 04:29:44 pm »
Full Name: Kyle Braister
Class: Rogue / Ranger
Race: Human
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Deity:  None

Kyle Braister was raised in the slums of Port Hempstead with his brother, living off any few coins that his parents could bring in. Kyle was always much more active than his younger brother, and would stay out later, run across the rooftops with the older boys and get into all kinds of trouble, whilst his brother preferred to go to the library or stay at home.
He learnt to be quite agile and dextrous, and in his teenage yours got into a group of older men who he would accompany on jobs such as petty theft and late night burgalries. As he became more familiar with his role, he grew more confidence and began dragging his brother along on the runs as an extra look out.
After a few years, on one particular late night burglary, the city guard spotted Kyle and saw his face whilst on lookout for the older men. Though both brothers were able to alude the city guard, his older accomplices were caught.
His brother convinced him it would only be a matter of time before his “friends” told the guard where they were, so the two brothers packed up their meagre things and left to travel.

They spent a few years roaming around, Kyle having a special talent when it came to hunting and leading them through the dense forests. Repetition began to teach him the different prints he found in the earth, the meaning behind the greyish clouds and the rising winds. To keep his brother fit, he forced his smaller brother to at least train with a few weapons and exercise a little, rather than relying purlely on his magic, but also to contain his rising boredom.
Eventually, he convinced his brother he head for Centre, where all the good stories began...

The following users thanked this post: davidhoff, willhoff

miltonyorkcastle

Re: Character Submission - Kyle Braister
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2021, 02:37:21 pm »
Hey, LC. Sorry for the short delay in response. You can thank the folks hanging out on Discord for the heads up.

I'm digging the classic backstory, and I think there is enough explanation to cover the two classes. It could maybe use a bit more to explain the 'good' in the alignment, I think. Robbing folks, even to just get by, isn't exactly a 'good' alignment thing to do. That said, the way he looks out for his brother is enough to push the good side of the character for me, and there is a lot of story potential for him to slip one way or the other depending on what happens to the brother. As involved as the brother is in Kyle's life, I'm curious if someone else plans to play as the brother, or if you're thinking of keeping the brother as an NPC.

Please reply with a proposed level split just to indicate that you plan to take at least five levels in each class before level 20, and I think we can get this approval stamped.

The following users thanked this post: jadewillow, willhoff

LordCove

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2021, 11:13:29 am »
Thanks Milton,

Level split will be 9 Ranger / 11 Rogue.

The character is for my son. I'll be submitting the characters brother.

The following users thanked this post: miltonyorkcastle, davidhoff

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2021, 03:41:50 pm »
Rock on. Have some family fun times with Layo.

Approved.

I think you know the password and such.  ;)

The following users thanked this post: davidhoff