The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Alec the Mute: Resubmit for Wizard Levels  (Read 130 times)

55060hacker

Alec the Mute: Resubmit for Wizard Levels
« on: April 06, 2024, 07:24:14 pm »
Character Name: Alec the MuteCharacter Age: 21
 Character Class:  ClericCharacter Race:  HumanCharacter Gender: MaleCharacter Alignment: Neutral GoodDeity Associated With: AragenCleric Domain: Knowledge, ProtectionCharacter Birthplace: Outskirts near Blackford CastleCharacter Biography:
Born from a couple of peasants in the Blackford Castle area, Alec was always interested in collecting information.  Due to the closeness of Blackford Castle and its library, Alec would listen in on discussions of various subjects.  One day Alec discovered a portal in the library that brought him to another bigger library.  Alec would spend days on end in this library reading and researching for whatever caught his fancy for that day.One day, when he was about 13, while riding horse, Alec was preoccupied with his thoughts and didn't notice a tree branch was hanging too low.  When the horse galloped under it, Alec was knocked off, with severe damage to his neck.  His parents, being peasants, could not afford extensive medical treatment, but somehow, Alec pulled through.Being bookish before this accident, Alec turned to the library with its multitude of books for solace.  One day, a couple of years later, he noticed a couple of men wearing a symbol of a scroll at the library.  Being naturally curious, Alec followed them around for a while until they noticed him.  When questioned, Alec demonstrated his knowledge and proficiency with information to these men.  They invited him to come travel with them. After a while, the priests of Aragen offered to tutor Alec in the ways of Aragen.  They brought him scrolls and books on a variety of topics.  Alec eagerly read through these scrolls and books, always looking for more information.  After five years of training and tutoring, the priests presented Alec with a necklace with a scroll on it, symbolizing his devotion to Aragen.Extra Credit:Height: 5'8"Weight: 160Alec has a scar across his neck from the accident with a tree.  He remains very quiet and reserved.  Since becoming a cleric of Aragen, Alec has gotten a tattoo of a scroll on his right forearm.Alec is mute from the injury to his neck when he was younger.  // Spell-casting is done with the Silent Spell feat, since he is mute.  All spells are 1 circle higher.Dogma:Alec is fully aware of Aragen's policy of collecting information.  He is loath to let any information pass him by.  Alec prefers non-violent ways, but will use a staff or sling to protect himself or knowledge.  Alec is non-judgemental, for the most part. 

** New Information  **
What good, knowledge without the ability to acquire it? The world is a dangerous place, and one must be prepared to protect oneself to survive.  While faithfully adhering to Aragen's dogmas of non-violence, not changing or being changed by events, I have found myself bordering on heresy.  This cannot continue. Either I must change, or the ways of Aragen must change, but I know that gods change but seldom.  I have studied Al'Noth passively, only through the powers granted to me by Aragen, and I have seen people who channel the Al'Noth, and I am sure that I can apply my wisdom and experience into practicing this art.  May Aragen find me worthy!

The following users thanked this post: miltonyorkcastle, davidhoff

miltonyorkcastle

Re: Alec the Mute: Resubmit for Wizard Levels
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2024, 10:54:46 pm »
Good evening!

A few quick housekeeping things.

What level is Alec currently, and what is his class breakdown? I.E. 15th level, Cleric 10/Fighter 5.

Second, do you intend to go back and forth between wizard and cleric levels, or is it wizard from here on out?

55060hacker

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2024, 11:15:12 pm »
Alec is currently an 8th level cleric of Aragen.  He plans on using his future experience both as a wizard and a cleric.  I know, I have to have at least 5 levels of wizard before level 20.  Probably something close to 13C/7W by the time that happens.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2024, 07:20:47 pm »
Recall that in NWN, unlike actual D&D, caster levels do not stack, so he would be, for instance, a 13th caster level for Cleric, and a 7th caster level for Wizard, but not a 20th level caster overall. You may know this already, and it's not necessarily pertinent to player rules here, but going backwards is harder than going forward in terms of approval, so I just want you to be sure this is the path you want to go.

Since you acknowledge that you must have at least five levels in each class before 20th, Aragen and Lucinda have a neutral standing with each other, Aragen has no specific multiclassing restrictions, and Wizard is a starting class, you are approved to take levels in Wizard.

The following users thanked this post: 55060hacker