The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Character Submission - Monk  (Read 4642 times)

StormChaser

Character Submission - Monk
« on: January 16, 2024, 12:06:19 am »
Name: Jaelryn "Monk" T'sarran
Race: Drow
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Deity: Baraeon Ca'duz
Classes: Fighter/Rogue (50/50) {will be creating CDT to justify submission to Assassin}
Bio:
It is surprising that Jaelryn is still alive.  It really is.  Life in the darkness of the deep isnt an option for the weak.  Weak of mind. Weak of body.  Weak of spirit.  Unlike the other males born the same year Jaelryn has not shown the typical aptitude towards magic.  That alone has branded him as flawed.  His physical stature being larger than the average did not help to hide this.  In fact it he just stood out more. Every cycle was a test of survival.
He would never rise the ranks amongst the mages obviously.  He would not rise amongst the ranks of warriors because of his gender.  Where this may cause some to accept their inevitability, to die or be "made useful", Jaelryn  only felt a fire rise within him.  Not a blazing fire of rage, without direction and brutish.  This fire was dark, cold and precise.  It focused him.  It allowed him to see clearly that in order to prove himself better than those that would mock and abusive him he would do what entire cities of the deep could not.  He would visit the vengeance of his people upon the traitors of the surface.  Furthermore the traitors would help, they would even thank him.
Raiding parties were to be expected by the filth on the surface.  But one lone individual.  The naivety of the fools, they would welcome that person.  Word had it the surfacers would delegate tasks such as population control of their enemies to simple mercenaries, no questions asked (quest to kill goblins, etc..). They even paid them to do this.  Infiltration and garnering trust amongst authorities was as simple as killing off their enemies.  He could bite his tongue if it meant eventually slitting their throats (Not PVP, story wise heh.)
When the surface plunges into chaos it will rely on its "heroes" to come to its aid.  Then they will see that trust is misplaced.  The traitors and the other surface dwellers will fall.  All races will see the superiority of his people.  And his people will see out of the shadow it was him that did what no one else could. 
With little more than the clothing on his back he made his way to the surface.  The blinding light, how do they put up with it? It had been a long travel, with no truly known destination.  The rations eventually ran out.  It was then that he happened upon a small town of sorts.  If that is what the surface ones called it, it was little more than a blemish upon the land.  Wrapping himself fully in clothing he hid his features as they would be a dead give away.  His muscles were quite heavy under the cloth, growing heavier at each step forward.  Stumbling a little he continued and it was at the approach of a surface dweller that something occurred to him.  He understood the basics of the common tongue, but had never the need to use it in any real situation.
When asked if he was allright he could tell more from the weakness of the the inflection rather that a true understanding of the speech.  First test of deception among the surface.  Nodding he mimed the need for food.  The peasant brought him into their home, how trusting could they be? Over the next few minutes he allowed the fool to babble on with their conversation, it was hard to not smack him down.  Eventually he was asked if he was some sort of monk.  That word stuck out to Jaelryn, he had know that word.  Nodding the man seemed content with that and continued his ramble.  While the man was occupied with straightening up the excuse for a kitchen Jaelryn gave thought to killing the man outright.  But that cold fire within told him that was beneath his purpose there.  By the time the man ceased his prattling Jaelryn was gone.
With his stomach full and back into the shadows of the woods Jaelryn continued his search for something closer to real "civilization".  As he walked he spoke to himself "m..mmoo..mmonk. I..am Monk. "
Soon enough he would have need for this new name.

Lily

Re: Character Submission - Monk
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2024, 02:18:15 pm »
Hello StormChaser,

this submission is currently under review by the team and we will give you a proper response ASAP!

The reason why this submission is under review and needs some time for discussion within the team, are the current rules regarding exotic race submissions. Currently, exotic races (such as Dark Elves, Orcs, Goblins, Brownies etc.) are restricted by limited time availability for applications (see https://wiki.layonara.com/wiki/NWN_Character_Submission_Questionnaire).

As soon as we completed the review, we will take a deep dive into your submission.

Thank you for your understanding!

Cheers
Lily

The following users thanked this post: willhoff

StormChaser

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2024, 08:40:44 pm »
Okidokie

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2024, 04:48:21 pm »
Just as a heads up, we'll be responding to this very soon, and we do apologize for the significant delay.

StormChaser

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2024, 10:13:38 pm »
No worries. I'm currently working weekends at the Arizona Renaissance Festival ontop of my Monday thru Friday job. So no hurry

The following users thanked this post: miltonyorkcastle

StormChaser

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2024, 10:36:06 pm »
Just checking back in

The following users thanked this post: miltonyorkcastle

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2024, 11:43:59 pm »
I promise I'll have a legitimate reply for you tomorrow. Real life keeps delaying the GM discussion, but you've been incredibly patient, and deserve to be able to move forward with this character ASAP.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2024, 12:25:04 am »
Hi, StormChaser.

After some discussion, I think we'll just need a confirmation from you that you understand the surname "T'sarran" is a common/non-noble name, and that it's not tied to any literary origins or have significant similarities to characters with said name from other PWs like Forgotten Realms.

StormChaser

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2024, 10:08:29 pm »
Most definitely.  The fact he is a nobody trying to prove himself is part of the gig. Lol

StormChaser

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2024, 10:24:57 pm »
as a side note you should know that i get we all have lives. i appreciate the staff and never have a problem waiting for replies.  you all give your time freely and i think we all say thank you for that.

The following users thanked this post: Tobias, Chazzler, davidhoff