The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Exotic Race Submissions - read here first.  (Read 5685 times)

Rowana

Exotic Race Submissions - read here first.
« on: July 08, 2016, 11:12:40 am »
As of right now Exotic Race applications are now re-opened!We will be placing a few restrictions on their submission though, in an effort to keep these characters sufficiently rare to reflect their uniqueness in the world. These restrictions apply to the following races:Wemics
Brownies
Dark Elves
Sea ElvesHalf-orcs, half-giants and half-ogres are no longer viable as PCs, as they would have to start adventuring at too old an age. Please read the following guidelines for exotic race submissions:-Submissions for exotic races will be limited in number to one(1) per person per month and four(4) per month total.
-Three(3) days prior to the end of the month a random date and time will be selected for the opening of submissions for the following month. A d4 will be rolled to indicate the date (so submissions will always open within the first four days of the month) and a d24 will be rolled for the time, always quoted in GMT to avoid confusion (so a roll of 13 would be 1pm GMT). The time will be announced in this thread.
-The first four posts, according to their time stamp, will be the submissions reviewed. The others will be given five days for the submitter to save their work, and then deleted to keep the forum organized.
-The threads will also be numbered 1-4, to indicate which thread gets priority in review; 1 being first in line, 4 being last.
This system was devised to limit the flow of exotic characters in to the world, and to give all time zones the fairest chance of getting their submission in first. The policy may be amended if a more efficient process is identified and agreed upon.I also would like to note that exotic races are still subject to the RP consequences that NPCs of the same race are. Namely, rampant hatred, bigotry and/or animosity from the "common" races. That being said, have a great time!Cheers,Gilshem

gilshem ironstone

Re: Monstrous Race Submissions Re-opened!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 11:59:35 am »
To get this rolling, I am opening the monstrous race submissions on November 17th at 8am GMT.  

All future opening submission times will be determined by the above system.

Gilshem

55060hacker

gilshem
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 04:23:13 pm »

Quote from: "gilshem ironstone"&nid="1284857"
As of right now Exotic Race applications are now re-opened! We will be placing a few restrictions on their submission though, in an effort to keep these characters sufficiently rare to reflect their uniqueness in the world. These restrictions apply to the following races: Goblins Orcs Wemics Brownies Dark Elves Sea Elves Half-orcs, half-giants and half-ogres are no longer viable as PCs, as they would have to start adventuring at too old an age. Please read the following guidelines for exotic race submissions: -Submissions for exotic races will be limited in number to one(1) per person per month and four(4) per month total. -Three(3) days prior to the end of the month a random date and time will be selected for the opening of submissions for the following month. A d4 will be rolled to indicate the date (so submissions will always open within the first four days of the month) and a d24 will be rolled for the time, always quoted in GMT to avoid confusion (so a roll of 13 would be 1pm GMT). The time will be announced in this thread. -The first four posts, according to their time stamp, will be the submissions reviewed. The others will be given five days for the submitter to save their work, and then deleted to keep the forum organized. -The threads will also be numbered 1-4, to indicate which thread gets priority in review; 1 being first in line, 4 being last. This system was devised to limit the flow of exotic characters in to the world, and to give all time zones the fairest chance of getting their submission in first. The policy may be amended if a more efficient process is identified and agreed upon. I also would like to note that exotic races are still subject to the RP consequences that NPCs of the same race are. Namely, rampant hatred, bigotry and/or animosity from the "common" races. That being said, have a great time! Cheers, Gilshem

Since Today is the 4th day of September, 2013, I was assuming the date was going to be someplace between September 1 - September 4 per the quote.  Either way, I have my character work saved, so you can delete my submission.

Dorganath

55060hacker"&cid="2751053
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 09:50:06 pm »

Quote from: "55060hacker"&cid="2751053"

Since Today is the 4th day of September, 2013, I was assuming the date was going to be someplace between September 1 - September 4 per the quote.  Either way, I have my character work saved, so you can delete my submission.

...and...

Quote from: "55060hacker"&cid="2751054"

This is all very well, but the original quote did say to paraphrase:  Exotic races will be submittable between the 1st and 4th of the month.  Since today is September 4th, I am assuming that my submission would be submittable.  Since there is no closing of the exotic races, I believe I am well in my rights to submit according to the quoted posting.  Either way, my submission has been saved on my PC for future reference/use.  Thank you.

The text you quoted also says it will be announced in this thread. As there's been no such announcement, one should not assume that applications are being entertained.

As I'm sure you know, we just came off a major disruption to our forums, and our CA team's first priority is getting our catalog of previously-approved characters restored.  Once things settle down, I'm sure the CA team will once again entertain exotic race character submissions. Until then, please be patient with them as they sort everything out.

55060hacker

Is there anyway I could help,
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 06:16:26 pm »

Is there anyway I could help, since I am not a CA?  I am a computer tech with a lot of coding experience :)

Rowana

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 12:29:44 am »

For the time being I am removing Orc and Goblin from the restriction list. I will be opening up a window for monstrous race applications in May, date/time to be announced.

~row

Brutus_Clawfoot

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 04:51:46 pm »

*A distant howl of delight, horrible and primitive in natur, can be heard only deep in the forest. This cry of rejoice is hardly a whimper against the obnoxious buzz of the locusts and even the passing wind, ruffling leaves through the trees, causing branches to bat one another  and "tap" in accord. A deep instinct tells that this is the sound  of Mangus Crunch as he begins to claw his way into existence.*

//once you get your dates in May sorted out I will have Mangus Crunches bio lined up for you. Been a little RL hogtied lately but this is hot on my list.

Cheers!

Rowana

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 07:11:51 pm »

You can update Magus whenever. When I said I was removing them from the list it meant they no longer needed special permission for submission.

~row

Rowana

I will be opening Monstrous
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 10:28:19 pm »

I will be opening Monstrous Races submissions next week sometime. I wanted to give people a heads up in case they wanted to write in advance of this.

~row

swoop

Does "Monstrous Races"
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2015, 10:36:01 am »

Does "Monstrous Races" include Sea Elves? I'm guessing no, but have to ask. I've had one in mind for a bit and I'm a marine/fish biologist in RL so I figured I'd have a good time RPing a Sea Elf

Rowana

If you scroll to the top post
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2015, 10:44:10 am »

If you scroll to the top post it gives the current list of what is considered monstrous, which is really to say, the stuff that is rare and weird in the eye of Layo's general population. We update that as necessary.

~row

swoop

Ok thanks! I just wasn't sure
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2015, 12:16:22 pm »

Ok thanks! I just wasn't sure if there was a difference between "Exotic" races (in the first post) and "Monstrous" races. I'll get to writing.

Rowana

Ah nope, not in this case.
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2015, 12:18:58 pm »

Ah nope, not in this case. Just an unclear term usage by different CAs, sorry about that!

~row

Rowana

Monstrous/Exotic races are
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2015, 12:34:24 pm »

Monstrous/Exotic races are now open from February 2nd, 2015 until February 9th, 2015 ending at 11:59p CDT/ February 10th at 5:59a GMT. They will be worked in the order received and attempt to approve within that time span. Actively working apps will be worked until completion. We reserve the right to archive or delete the apps that go dormant.

Regards,

~row

Rowana

For completeness,
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2015, 10:29:57 am »

For completeness, exotic/monstrous apps are now closed. They will open again at some point but I do not have an ETA at this time.

Thanks all who applied.

~row

Rowana

As pointed out by a few
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2016, 11:28:48 am »

As pointed out by a few people, it has been some time since we opened up Monstrous applications. I am going to open them on Friday the 24th (not going to be picky on the start of submission time). I will close them again on Friday July 1st, 11:59, Central Time. Any applications not yet completed by closing will be continued to be worked until they are put away or approved.

Please remember that monstrous apps fall under a heavy scrutiny regardling -lore- and as such will probably take some extra back and forth to be appropriately approved. I have set aside time to work the apps, however and will assist in any way I can to make the process as painless as possible.

Additionally, if you already have reached the cap of characters per player (8), please make sure that your deletion quest is in -prior- to your submission. As well, I would love it if you all would spread the word as I believe I will not be able to open monstrous apps again until closer to the end of the year.

Thank you all and looking forward to seeing some applications!

~row

silverblades

Can you leave a link for a
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2016, 12:35:54 am »

Can you leave a link for a list of useable races so we dont have to scan thru several forums/ posts to find viable ones?

There can be only One.

Rowana

The races in question,
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2016, 09:58:36 am »

The races in question, related to the exotic/monstrous ruling are outlined in post #1 of this thread.

This thread should appropriately handle any other racial questions on what is allowed. http://layonara.com/threads/10164192-character-submission-long-version-updated-to-march-18th-2016

~row

Rowana

Just a note to say that this
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2016, 11:14:38 am »

Just a note to say that this policy is getting a slight update. The original post has been scratched up and reedited and such enough that it just needs to be rewritten for clarity and accuracy. Will try to get that done very soon. For now, Exotics are closed and will likely remain so until the fall of 2016 if not later. If there is enough active demand for another round, sooner could be considered.

Thanks!

~row

Rowana

By request, exotic races are
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2018, 10:02:22 am »

By request, exotic races are opening up.

Wemic, Dark Elves, Sea Elves and Brownies will be welcome. Goblins and Orcs are invited as well. This acceptance period will run from Jan 2nd 1201a US Central/6am GMT/7pm NZDT until January 5th at 1201 US Central/6am GMT/7pm NZDT. Anybody still in process at the close will be wrapped up as time allows for all parties.

Good luck, swift researching and happy New Year!

~row

anything