The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Thhakuk-Submission for Unholy Champion of Pyrtechon  (Read 3085 times)

gilshem ironstone

Thhakuk-Submission for Unholy Champion of Pyrtechon
« on: May 30, 2015, 09:04:29 am »
I would like to submit Thhakuk for a CDQ to become an Unholy Champion of Pyrtechon. Original Character SubmissionCharacter Development PageSince escaping the decimation of the srocerer's army, Thhakuk has been a loner trying to do the Raging One's work.  Because of this he has learned the importance of deception and subterfuge to survival.  More than this, he has learned that subterfuge and deception can enhance and accentuate the completeness of destruction.  He hopes to ensnare people such that he can gain their confidence, and trust so that he may destroy that at the end as well, leaving his sacrifices a broken husk of a person whose ashes will be consumed at the very end.  This is the greatest gift he can give to the people of Layonara: a complete and utter voyage to the non-being of oblivion.  He has approached this fearlessly as he knows now that the worst that can happen to him is pass in to the maw of Pyrtechon.As his resources and influence grow, he plans to ensnare entire villages in bizarre and inspired symphonies of chaos and destruction.  To this end, he is studying how to make traps, and plans to design elaborate systems of traps so that once he has alerted a village to his presence, likely through acts of violence and vandalism, the attempts of the villagers will result only become the instrument of their downfall.Finally, he hopes to resurrect the Sorcerer's army in his own image so that he can stand against the nations of Mistone and beyond.   His traps will become ingenius instruments of warfare that none have ever seen before.Champion Statements:1. I have read and understood the information on Pyrtrchon and how to play a champion of his faith. 2. Thhakuk does not believe that one comes to the afterlife through Pyrtechon instead through Pyrtechon one is given a far greater gift: liberation from existence in any sense. Through the maw of the Destroyer is nothing; there is no pain, no fear, no anguish, no happiness, no love, no thought, no substance. It is the highest form of freedom that he can imagine possessing. So Thhakuk sees himself as one who liberated people and brings them a precious gift. With every acre he turns to ash, he elevated the world to a higher spiritual plane. The transition is painful and terrifying but ultimately purifying. 3. Thhakuk wields a great sword that has been used to send many beings to the maw of the creator but he uses other tools to do his work as well. Traps, alchemical preparations, poison, magic scrolls and wands are all in his arsenal. Thhakuk realizes that in order to bring about maximal destruction that creativity and adaptability are needed. That being said, he prefers the visceral experience of doing Pyrtechon's work with weapons. He has not yet adorned himself with basalt because he has not been indoctrinated in to the faith in that way. 

The following users thanked this post: RollinsCat

Rowana

Hello Gilshem,Could you edit
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 01:33:15 pm »

Hello Gilshem,

Could you edit the post to reflect on some of the path that is taking Thhakuk toward Champion? As you know this is a multi-CDQ or WLDQ level request and we'd like to have some more thoughts on the development beyond CDT information.

Thanks in advance,

~row

gilshem ironstone

I have added some about how
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 03:45:01 pm »

I have added some about how Thhakuk has been developing in his work for Pyrtechon and how he hopes to grow it in the future.  I look forward to your thoughts.

Rowana

Hello Gilshem,I am afraid
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 04:54:28 pm »

Hello Gilshem,

I am afraid that I cannot approve this submission for Unholy Champion at this time. I believe that this is a good start to an eventual approve-able Unholy Champion of Pyrtechon but it is not as much as we need at this time.

The requirement (found here) include a 'well tended CDT' as well as the WLDQ or multi-CDQ process. A well tended CDT for lesser complex submissions is a minimum of 2 posts a week for two weeks. For Champion/Unholy Champion we need to see more along the lines of 2 posts (at minimum) for 4 weeks. In theory we'd like to see a lot more (primarily time frame, not necessarily more posts per week) than this given the WLDQ level of importance of this PrC. Given the relative youth of this character as a PC, I would request that you consider re-applying for Unholy Champion no sooner than April 8th of 2015, as that would be his one year anniversary and actively keep the CDT going during that time. (note: While approval was given on the 10th that was due to the tardiness of the CA in question and not due to needed corrections so we are giving credit where credit is due.)

When you do resubmit I would ask that you also include the statements for cleric/paladin/champions (found here) which I temporarily forgot are needed for this class (because most of the time the Champion applicants have already completed in earlier stages, sorry about that!). I know that April is a bit far off as these things go, so I want to note that if you do not post twice a week every week over that time we will not be holding up a ruler to measure each and every post timing. It would be most important for the four weeks prior to submission to make certain that this minimum for CDT be met.

If you have any questions, concerns or confusions, please feel free to ask in this thread.

Regards,

~row

gilshem ironstone

This all makes sense.  Thanks
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 07:57:12 pm »

This all makes sense.  Thanks very much.  I will explore for a couple more months and check back in.

gilshem ironstone

I would like to reopen my
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 08:40:57 pm »

I would like to reopen my submission once more.

Since last applying Thhakuk has worked hard to do the work of Pyrtechon on Layonara.  In pursuit of this, under shadowy tutelage, he erased the town of Brenton from the map.  He has also been developing an alliance with the dark elf Kelavaron to one day wreak havoc on their enemies.  I have attempted to keep up his CDT, linked to in the original post, but his is a solitary life, and much of it is passed in silent contemplation.  As such, Thhakuk has begun a spiritual destruction, hoping to empty himself of desires and attachments so he can cleanly and clearly free others from the prison of the material world.

Thanks for your consideration.

Rowana

Much belatedly, welcome back!
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 09:25:36 pm »

Much belatedly, welcome back! I'm glad to see your resubmission. While I evaluate your request, could you please edit into the original post your Champion statements? (See my previous post if you need links)

Thank you,

~row

gilshem ironstone

I added the champion
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2015, 09:06:08 am »

I added the champion statements as requested. Sorry I missed this earlier. 

Rowana

Hello Gilshem,Extremely sorry
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2015, 01:18:31 pm »

Hello Gilshem,

Extremely sorry for the delay, completely my fault. Alatriel recused herself from the approval process back when it began and my plate has been overflowing.

Also thank you for the updated statements for Champion PrC.

We are approving your request to begin your series for Unholy Champion of Pyrtechon.  You need to select your GM to begin the process from here. Please know that the GM in question will need some lore approvals for your quest path and it may cause some delays. Also know that your quest series should be a minimum of 20 hours, likely a 3-5 quest series, depending on how the hours are spent, before a pass or fail can be called. Remember that this quest series is on par with a WLDQ level of effort and thus you and Thhakuk will be strongly tested.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to ask!

Good luck!
~row

gilshem ironstone

No worries about the delay, I
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2015, 01:29:05 pm »

No worries about the delay, I understand the many spinning plates!  Thanks!

gilshem ironstone

Alatriel has agreed to run
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2015, 06:41:37 pm »

Alatriel has agreed to run this, I am in her CDQueue. 

gilshem ironstone

Hi Team!  It has been awhile!
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2016, 08:07:53 am »

Hi Team!  

It has been awhile!  I have been inactive for some time, partially due to lifey stuff, partially due to this CDQ getting lost as the GM roster transitioned last fall.  Seeing as I have been inactive, I wanted to see what would be required to get back on this path?

Thanks and I hope all are well!

Gilshem

Rowana

Hi Gilshem,You are welcome to
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2016, 12:07:10 pm »

Hi Gilshem,

You are welcome to pick up where you left off. Just to remind you that this is a series of quests (no less than three!) and may take a little time to get going as the GM in question needs some preapprovals from the lead staff. Make sure you keep your lines of communication open with whatever GM you select (and agrees to run) so that everyone can be on the same page, timing wise.

Regards,

~row

anything