The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: adamantium related question  (Read 309 times)

Harloff

adamantium related question
« on: April 29, 2006, 07:24:35 pm »
Lately I have noticed that most the adamantium I see is coming from adamantium golems and not from firesteep, and it is my impression that the golems are the main source for adamantium for the whole communety. I Think this is caused by the fact that it is much easier to kill a golem than to go to fire steep, if you have a spellcaster on level 20 with greater magic weapon. And killing just one golem can give you 3 mangled adamantium, (perhaps more only been there once) which is equal to what you can get from a whole deposit (max 10 nuggets = 3 1/3 ingot). So my question issimpy:

Are adamantium golems supossed to be the largest source of adamantium?

Leanthar

Re: adamantium related question
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 07:25:48 pm »
Nope, they most certainly are not. I will look at this right now. Thanks.

Frelinder

• Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 02:04:47 am »
Any spellcaster at lvl 20 could also do fire steep alone. as long as he/she uses the right tactics. also I think that 3 mangled addy is verry rare. mostly you get one or perhaps two.

You are right that not many travell to fire steep these days.. And why that is so I have no idea.

orth

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 04:18:18 pm »
Which golems are you speaking of?  How are you aware this is where all the mining is happening? Not many go to Firesteep?  I've counted 5 or 6 trips in the past week?

Harloff

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 01:29:23 am »
I ask people where they have their adamantium from... and they say it is from golems which is supported by the fact that it is mangled. I assume it is from the east server, but that is only based on the fact that i know of no other places adamantium golems can be found.

orth

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 01:49:18 am »
I suspect that this has to do with the Eon quest where there were many, and not the placed creatures.  There are only a few placed Adamantium Golems, and they were just updated recently to be much more difficult.

If there is somewhere else these are being "mined", I'd really like to know.

Eight-Bit

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 02:37:02 am »
To be entirely practical anyone killing Adamantium Golems can just as easily take three others and get a whole more Adamantium without the risk of death. It takes a Cleric of a Mage of high level to even begin to take down an Adamantium golem alone.