The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Enchanted ingots  (Read 990 times)

Dezza

Enchanted ingots
« on: April 02, 2012, 06:50:40 pm »
Apart from being useless in game they are also apparently completely worthless.

It seems odd that a standard iron ingot might fetch 80 true from a pawn shop but an enchanted one will cost 1gp?

At least make it 1gp more than the ingots original cost?

The following users thanked this post: Pen N Popper, Anamnesis

MadHattan

Re: Enchanted ingots
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 07:02:03 pm »
Standard ingots can be used for something and thus are worth much more.  Heh heh.  If I remember correctly, enchanted mithril ingots are somewhat useful, I'm curious if they also sell for 1gp.

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 07:04:51 pm »
They are actually not useless

They serve for making Infused Sling bullets ( preety much adding special properties to bullets the same way arrows have ) . I must say that its way too expensive to go this way ( believe me i know after had trained 2 slings to unlimmited ammo ).

For the said bullets you need one enchanted ingot, one enchanted gem ( fire opal or ruby ) and one piece of a mushroom ( which add the kind of damage ).

Now Nwn seems to consider that something enchanted is way less worthy that something in raw materials.  The gems acts on the same way. That goes regarding the "price" NWN sets upon the items not sure if something can be done about it.

Cheers

JC /  Redeemer

davidhoff

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 07:45:21 pm »
Har I enchanted a mithril ingot thinking it would produce the version that casts energy buffer...nada...now it sits in my chest as a trophy.

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 07:49:27 pm »
*sighs* Likely story here.  hehe. But i falied to try to actually do the bullet .