The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: infusion and enchanting questions  (Read 265 times)

Wintersheart

• View Profile
    infusion and enchanting questions
    « on: August 05, 2005, 12:27:00 pm »
    Just a few questions

I have often found master scribing stations and also master enchanting altars, but I am still searching for anything above average infusion stations (perhabs I have just overlooked them). Is it possible to infuse wands of greater power than 5th level?

The same question for alchemy really - are there any master alchemy stations?

:)  :)  :)  :)
    Rolf

Variable

RE: infusion and enchanting questions
    « Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 01:02:00 pm »
    there are no master alchemy stations, but there are master infusing stations in the master craft hall. In the Hampshire master craft hall they are in the same corner as scribing and enchanting stations.

Wintersheart

• View Profile
      « Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 01:31:00 pm »
      thanks!

I must have overlooked them - been there often looking for it. *grins* must be an evil sorceror at work!

Rolf

Ar7

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 02:06:00 pm »
      The 5th level wands are the best you can get. Why? Mostly because it a low magic world, try to imagine a Meteor Swarm wand? Scary :)

Force_of_Will_

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005, 07:27:00 am »
      I want a "Wail of the Banshee and Undeath to Undead Wand"

Variable

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2005, 05:54:00 pm »
      oh! i want a timestop wand *grins evilly*

slipperhero

• Followers of Vorax
        • View Profile
      « Reply #6 on: September 27, 2005, 12:49:00 am »
      I think I'd prefer a Wand of "get the heck out of a tight spot" with unlimited uses/day. Oh, and a Wand of "rollback previous bad move" wouldnt hurt either.

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2005, 01:46:00 pm »
      Why not have 'Boots of Expeditious Retreat'?
      or 'Helm of Telportation (Dimension Door)'? [though this one might annoy your party that you are with, as there would be a chance that you would take a few party members with you, whether they want to go or not]*grins evilly*

KageKeeper

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2005, 02:03:00 pm »
      Dimension Door and Teleporation have way too many options to be abused to ever be seen on the server.

Not sure if Boots of Expeditious Retreat would fall into an item that gives haste, it is a haste-like spell, but if it is, it will never appear  in Layo either. :)

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
        • View Profile
      « Reply #9 on: October 25, 2005, 06:07:00 am »
      We already have roads for the Expeditious Retreat effect when you need to travel fast, but of course that in combat those boots would be a lifesaver. :)

blonde

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2005, 08:19:00 am »
      KageKeeper - 10/23/2005  11:03 AM
      Dimension Door and Teleporation have way too many options to be abused to ever be seen on the server.

Teleportation is already on the server for mages, and something similar for druids. ;)

KageKeeper

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2005, 09:26:00 am »
      blonde - 10/25/2005  8:19 AM

KageKeeper - 10/23/2005  11:03 AM

Teleportation is already on the server for mages, and something similar for druids. ;)

Welll...that is a special item given once you get to a certain level that allow you to return to one specific point that you set. Not quite the same as just a teleport or DD spell.

Dorganath

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2005, 09:31:00 am »
      Right...it's more like a quick recall device, not a general teleport/plant walk thing.
        As a spell, craftable device, etc., generalized Teleport/Dimension Door will not be in the game.

blonde

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2005, 09:45:00 am »
      The item is called "tome of teleportation" and for any person living in the world of Layonara, that is how teleportation works. Just because it doesnt funtion exactly like the D&D spell teleportation, doesnt make it any less of a teleportation.

And a spell like dimension door could have a place on a persistent world, but you would have to prepare for it when you create your areas, and that obviously hasn't been done here. It would take a long, long, long time to go through all areas and do that, so that wont be happening.

We are a bit off topic here, and the initial questions have been answered already, so lets leave it at that. :)

Dorganath

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2005, 09:59:00 am »
      blonde - 10/25/2005 11:45 AM  The item is called "tome of teleportation" and for any person living in the world of Layonara, that is how teleportation works. Just because it doesnt funtion exactly like the D&D spell teleportation, doesnt make it any less of a teleportation.

*sighs* I'm well aware of what it is called, thank you.  The point being that it allows you to return to a place you had once been and marked with the tome (or the branch for druids).  It does not allow you to be somewhere and then pick a random location and teleport/plant walk there.  There's no need to argue sematics.  The item could have just as easily been called the "Tome of Return" and it would be no less accurate and no less fitting.
        To be as concise as I can be, free/random teleportation or dimension door, whether as a spell, item power, or any other player-controlled means will not be in-game. 

Thunder Pants

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2005, 04:59:00 pm »
      KageKeeper - 10/23/2005  2:03 PM

Not sure if Boots of Expeditious Retreat would fall into an item that gives haste, it is a haste-like spell, but if it is, it will never appear  in Layo either. :)

boots with expiditions retreat would be possible, the reason why Haste is overpowered on items, is because of the +4 AC, +1 attack, and decreased casting times, expiditions retreat doesn't grant any of those things so it's not overpowered

and the reason dimension door will never be put on the server is because you could in theory, dimension door yourself up onto a cliff where the monsters can't reach you, and then lob fireballs or whatever down onto them and as such the dimension door ability would be too easy to exploit with

KageKeeper

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2005, 05:07:00 pm »
      Thunder Pants - 10/25/2005  4:59 PM

boots with expiditions retreat would be possible, the reason why Haste is overpowered on items, is because of the +4 AC, +1 attack, and decreased casting times, expiditions retreat doesn't grant any of those things so it's not overpowered

Yeah, I was not sure. Not too brushed up on my spells. ;) Thanks for explaining that.

and the reason dimension door will never be put on the server is because you could in theory, dimension door yourself up onto a cliff where the monsters can't reach you, and then lob fireballs or whatever down onto them and as such the dimension door ability would be too easy to exploit with

Yep. That is exacly what I meant by exploiting. :)

LoganGrimnar

• Followers of Vorax
        • View Profile
      « Reply #17 on: October 25, 2005, 10:32:00 pm »
      "boots of sprinting"
      expiditions retreat once/day

"boots of cheeta"(or however you spell it)
      +10% move speed
      (like bbn fast movement)

Doc-Holiday

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2005, 10:47:00 pm »
      The Wand of Non-Exploitation

Given to each DM and used to SMITE THE HECK out of each player

Will prevent any thoughts of exploiting of any kind

*formerly known as the Wand of Non-Abuse*

It's funny if you think about it

I'm to tired to think for myself let alone anyone else