The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Iron is now scuicide  (Read 2610 times)

lonnarin

Re: Iron is now scuicide
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2007, 10:59:06 am »
Dwarven Defender Damage Reduction is a wonderful thing. :D

Hellblazer

« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2007, 11:07:20 am »
I can propose maybe switching the two copper vein in the desert cave, there is 3 that is pretty much easy to access for low levels in party somewhere. Upping the spawn of mercs by a few (3 or 4) more mercs could balance it out at the same rating of ac though. With the snakes and scorpions in the desert it takes a good party for low levels to go there anyways, so it seems to fit.

Dorganath

« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2007, 11:26:50 am »
Quote from: osxmallard
I take back my previous comment, as I can not find an additional source of iron on West... a suggestion might be to add a few spires (1-3) in other cave locations that are accessable to balanced parties.

Chongo - you got mail.

There is another source of Iron on West.

For obvious reasons, I'll not mention it here. ;)

EDIT: Incidentally, there are 4 places to get iron on Central.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2007, 11:34:07 am »
Most likely the iron is somewhere that people DONT usually go, like prolly Alindor/Dragon Isle/Krashin.  So....  Look!  Go there!  The is more in Alindor then Stone, Mariner's Hold and the Lake of Glass!

EDIT:  Just don't get caught by Milara....

Dorganath

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2007, 11:39:29 am »
Quote from: Hellblazer
I can propose maybe switching the two copper vein in the desert cave, there is 3 that is pretty much easy to access for low levels in party somewhere. Upping the spawn of mercs by a few (3 or 4) more mercs could balance it out at the same rating of ac though. With the snakes and scorpions in the desert it takes a good party for low levels to go there anyways, so it seems to fit.

I just want to clarify something....

Iron is not a "low-level" CNR.  It is a mid-level CNR.

Copper and Bronze are low-level CNR.  

Platinum and Adamantium are high-level CNR.

Mithril is a high-to-epic-level CNR.

So as I said above, there's really no reason why a low-level party should be able to go get Iron.

Tanman

« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2007, 03:10:02 pm »
In addition to this, I have seen a party around 10-12 and one epic character go through this from top to bottom with three main fighters and spell casters comprising of clerics and mages.

The party was able to complete this without any deaths. So it -is- possible with careful teamwork and planning.

osxmallard

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2007, 03:13:45 pm »
Quote from: Dorganath
There is another source of Iron on West.

For obvious reasons, I'll not mention it here. ;)

EDIT: Incidentally, there are 4 places to get iron on Central.

Argh!  The power of the Dorg has beaten me.... perhaps there should be iron golems to kill and harvest.  ;)

Tanman

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2007, 05:56:26 pm »
I have seen a group of level 11-12, with one epic character with  a mix of clerics and fighters. They managed to get to the bottom. In my opinion it takes team work and planning of spells.

I don't think that its that hard if there is planning behind it.

mumbles

« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2007, 12:56:14 am »
There is indeed more iron on west , not a place youd look but its there ive come across it a few times and il keep the location quiet LOL ....
But maybe its an excuse to find some friend RP and go find it .

Drizzlin

« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2007, 01:18:44 am »
Quote from: Chongo
Can't say I know much about the new Haven.  But...

My level 29 melee had to run from the ore hills about a month ago.  I found it embarrassing.  The mob was immense and they all found it quite easy to hit 47ish AC.

Does this mean it's not balanced?  Well, as perturbed as I was, I can't really say that it indicates anything definite.  I mean, if I had someone to stand in front of me then it'd be over in about a half a round for each creature.  That said, in my opinion it's balanced a little too high, which is 100% my own fault.  Their AB for a level 16ish creature would indicate a +15ish bonus.  Which to me seems excessive after getting my arse handed to me.  In Bjornigar's opinion it seems low.  So who knows.

By all means, folks should weigh in.  There's an update coming soon, so please do comment.

And that is my point Chongo and glad to see there is a change coming. People are taking this all wrong and trying to "prove points" IMO. I simply stated that the creatures are to powerful for an area two zones over from Dalanthar. Yes it is central/east, but that aside I don't need to explain to you how strong those things are now, because you know =).

Drizzlin

« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2007, 01:20:02 am »
Quote from: osxmallard
I take back my previous comment, as I can not find an additional source of iron on West... a suggestion might be to add a few spires (1-3) in other cave locations that are accessable to balanced parties.

Chongo - you got mail.

Yes I actually made the suggestion a long time ago to put perhaps a deposit or two at the bottom of the red light caverns. Without giving locations, there are easier locations to grab copper on west than those red caverns.

Drizzlin

« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2007, 01:22:24 am »
Quote from: Dorganath
I just want to clarify something....

Iron is not a "low-level" CNR.  It is a mid-level CNR.

Copper and Bronze are low-level CNR.  

Platinum and Adamantium are high-level CNR.

Mithril is a high-to-epic-level CNR.

So as I said above, there's really no reason why a low-level party should be able to go get Iron.

Poor Tin...no love for Tin... Only the final product, Mr Bronze...=P

*grins*

This is how I always saw it Dorg. I am personally not fighting for the rights of a low party to gather Iron.

Acacea

« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2007, 02:35:30 am »
Quote from: Drizzlin
People are taking this all wrong and trying to "prove points" IMO. I simply stated that the creatures are to powerful for an area two zones over from Dalanthar. Yes it is central/east, but that aside I don't need to explain to you how strong those things are now, because you know =).

Just to clarify, I was responding specifically to the statement that an area was too difficult for the CNR it contained, because I didn't see one saying that it was just too hard in general. It seemed like the Mob level vs CNR level was the point. I cannot comment on difficulty level in general. Sorry if it seemed that it was all over the post to prove a point or something.

s0ulz

« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2007, 03:56:17 am »
Quote from: Drizzlin
Poor Tin...no love for Tin... Only the final product, Mr Bronze...=P

*grins*

This is how I always saw it Dorg. I am personally not fighting for the rights of a low party to gather Iron.

I'm more worried about Count Cobalt. He's getting forgotten by so many people :)

EdTheKet

« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2007, 01:33:58 pm »

Oh and I have to play all my characters as directionally challenged cause I get lost all the time...
Same!

Honora

« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2007, 03:25:40 pm »
*coughs softly*  There is a reason the Ore Hills ogres are more powerful than before.  You could not have known that, of course, but there is.

*pokes Eor*

Falonthas

« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2007, 04:14:03 pm »
wait did i just read that ed gets lost?

stragen

« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2007, 08:49:02 pm »
Not interested in committing suicide for Iron?  Get your iron from your local Dwarven ore merchant.  For all  your Iron needs.
http://forums.layonara.com/trade-market-hall/118642-sheildbreaker-shipping-ore.html#post501762

EdTheKet

« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2007, 04:29:19 pm »
Quote from: Falonthas
wait did i just read that ed gets lost?

Yes, I get lost all the time. There is no server area linking map (contrary to popular belief).

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2007, 05:37:10 pm »
Well, there was. I made one, early on in my time here, but never bothered updating it. Never even got started on my East map.