The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Monk Gloves, extended for v3  (Read 812 times)

Honora

Monk Gloves, extended for v3
« on: February 27, 2007, 06:22:57 am »
I had originally posted this in the writer's forum but it is better seen here I think.

My suggestion for taking Monk gloves (self-serving?  nooo never) into v3:

CNR recipie: Ancient Dire Bear Gloves

Two Ancient Dire Bear Hides
One cloth pattern
Two silk threads
One bolt of cloth
One diamond

Base chance for success at tailoring level 22 with 10 dex and 10 int: 15%

Name:

Ancient Dire Bear Leather Gloves

Description:

Warmer and thicker than the more common dire bear gloves, these offer better protection of the hands while aiding accuracy of a hit.

Abilities:

AC: +1 (deflection)
Attack bonus: +4

Class restriction: Monk, Sacred Fist only

Level Required: 18

CNR recipie: Legendary Dire Bear Gloves

Two Legendary Dire Bear Hides
Two cloth patterns
Two silk threads
One bolt of cloth
10 metal studs
Two diamonds

Base chance for success at tailoring level 22 with 10 dex and 10 int: 5%

Name:

Legendary Dire Bear Leather Gauntlets

Description:

These gauntlets are the pinnacle of the tailorer's craft. The leather is thick yet supple; the cuff of the glove extends over the wrist and offers extra resistance to blocks and blows. Most will be embroidered with the signature of the tailor that made them as a brag.

Abilities:

AC: +2 (deflection)
Attack bonus: +5

Class restriction: Monk, Sacred Fist only

Level: 23

Edit:  Bioware issues, gloves modified to work with toolset.

Ozy_Llewellyn

Re: Monk Gloves, extended for v3
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 12:33:09 pm »
Just a note: The armor class bonuses would be Deflection not Natural, bioware hard written. Not to mention if I recall a previous statement on the subject of bonus damages correctly. Then also a case of hard written for the damage over-write on the second. Just thought I would mention it.

stragen

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 04:37:24 am »
Did these gloves ever make it into the game?   A pure Attack Bonus would be useful for monks, as they can't make use of Greater Magic Weapon.  Also I think gloves provide an AC bonus (Armour).  So that isn't very useful as it is likely that the wearer would already have AC amour bonus from their robes, or a deflection bonus from their other items (helm, cloak etc).

Honora

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 05:30:56 am »
I am not aware that these were ever made, but perhaps Chongo or another game-designery-person can chime in?

Dorganath

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 08:46:30 am »
I don't believe they were.  Unfortunately, our palette is full and we can't really add any more items in like this unless we eliminate something else.    This is a great idea, but one cursed by unfortunate timing, by no fault of your own.

Adding the recipes would be the easy part, but I'm just not certain we can add more items.  We'll see if it can work, but I can't make any guarantees.

stragen

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 02:50:06 am »
There may be some suitable gloves already existing in the basic game.   These are from the single player game.  One minor problem is their description.  I checked in the layo pallet and these are also there in the basic version (+1 version).  They are under custom\\miscellaneous\\gauntlets\\.  Perhaps they could be of use.   I'm not sure how the recipe system works; that is does each recipe require a unique item in the pallet?

ycleption

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 05:21:01 pm »
I also just found out that the not-terribly-useful gloves of the long death +1 exist in game (+1 AB +1 cold damage).

Sooo.... Pretty please? :)

Ebonith

• Followers of Corath
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2009, 09:00:28 am »
Resurrected this thread after a year...sorry.  :)

Of note, most of these gloves are of benefit to monks.  I have yet to even hear of any gloves that a Sacred Fist can wear (pertinent now that I took my first level of Sacred Fist :p ).  Are any out there?

Masterjack

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2009, 04:45:27 pm »
I do have a pair of +4 gloves for Beli if that helps. I found them while adventuring.

Gulnyr

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2009, 05:00:18 pm »
Quote from: Ebonith
Of note, most of these gloves are of benefit to monks.  I have yet to even hear of any gloves that a Sacred Fist can wear (pertinent now that I took my first level of Sacred Fist :p ).  Are any out there?

Do you mean besides the normally craftable clobberin' gloves (Lion, Malar, and Dire Bear)?  Anyone can wear those gloves, even a Sacred Fist.  They have no class restrictions.

lonnarin

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2009, 09:51:49 pm »
And Lion Malar and Bear gloves can have much stronger elemental damage placed on them than the teeny 1hp of the stock gloves.

anything