The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Pipeweed/tabacco CNR/Crafting?  (Read 344 times)

Warchild214

Pipeweed/tabacco CNR/Crafting?
« on: December 08, 2009, 08:23:06 pm »
Just thinking out loud.  I did not see it on the Crafting list (maybe missed it?).

Would there be a way to add a workable "craft" of growing/harvesting and with crafting skill levels gained be able to create special grades of pipeweed/tabacco that have some type of bonuses associated with different high grades of smoke.  If someone would ever become a master of this craft, they would be able to sell the best smoke in all of Layonara.....

well just it might be kinda neat.....

The following users thanked this post: davidhoff

merlin34baseball

Re: Pipeweed/tabacco CNR/Crafting?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 08:47:14 pm »
Well... no idea about the growing part, but there are multiple kinds of tobacco on Layo, you just have to find them!

Chazzler

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 06:13:42 am »
Yep, a lot of pipeweed around different areas.

You need to make/buy a made wooden pipe of hickory/oak/mahogany/yew to smoke it.
Also you need to buy either a piece of flint&steel from a general goods merchant or a herbal flint&steel (blessed be Folian!) and a Leaf Press from the same merchant to cure the pipeweed (place the pipeweed in the leaf press and then use the flint&steel on the leaf press, the leaf press does not need to be placed on ground).
The normal flint&steel makes normal cured pipeweed without bonuses.
And the Herbal flint&steel makes herbal pipeweed.

The herbal pipeweed gives some bonuses to some skill(s) (I am not sure which skill(s), but I think Lore is one of them, and different pipeweed brands might give a bonus to different skills).
The herbal pipeweed also gives a 2, 3, 4 or 6 points of regeneration for a duration of I think 10 rounds x pipe's crafting difficulty level (shown above in ascending order). The regeneration stops if you enter combat.

Hope this helps! :)

Warchild214

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 01:52:30 pm »
yep that does help.  Since I will be making bows anyway, Ill craft a few pipes too for those lonely nights around campfire....   Thanks