The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: plus on Arrows  (Read 208 times)

Force_of_Will_

plus on Arrows
« on: December 13, 2006, 10:08:42 am »
I noticed arrows made of the certain woods don't carry their  +'s.
Is that suppose to be like that?If so might I suggest a new enchantment gem that adds +'s to missle weapons,or just arrows.

Maybe use the enchanting alter
1 fine Fire opal,1 enchanting gem,1 enchanting oil,2 black mushrooms to make a +1 gem
1 fine Sapphire,1 enchanting gem,1 enchanting oil,2 purple mushrooms to make a +2 gem
1 fine Ruby,1 enchanting gem,1 enchanting oil,2 Red mushrooms to make a +3 gem

maybe these can be used like enchanting rods or maybe they have to be placed on the archery bench along with a quiver of crafted arrows (must be crafted) or on the infusing table to be infused into the quiver of arrows

Just a thought.
Force

Eight-Bit

Re: plus on Arrows
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 12:16:47 pm »
Do the Attack Bonuses on arrows stack with the Attack Bonus on bows? I always thought that the bow was the part that decided the AB, while the different arrows added the damage. Correct me if I am wrong, but this seems to be the way it is working here.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 09:28:26 pm »
er... a "+" is not a property.

Attack bonus or enhancement bonus is a property.

Attack bonus' cannot be put on ammunition in D&D 3.0+

8Bit is correct about where the attack bonus goes.

merlin34baseball

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 10:06:40 pm »
I found out you can add rods to arrows... Is this as intended? Level 1 rods +2 damage, Level II rod 1d4 damage etc...

aragwen

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 10:41:06 pm »
Yes this is as intended.
  Basically you adding elemental damage to arrows, but you need to bear in mind that any other properties will be overwritten.
  In other words oak falcon arrows which gives1d4 piercing damage, but when you add a fire enchantment rod II on it, you will get1d4 fire damage.
  The only problem with adding enchantment rods too arrows is that for each pile of arrows (99) you will need a rod and this could become quite expensive.
  But nothing beats the visual effect of lightning arrows :)

Sab Kaylag

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 07:31:44 am »
    [Exploit information removed]  
      Edit: also if an enchant rod I is put on iron tipped raven tailed oak arrows it gives 2D4 to constructs still and then the +2 fire damage so the tip damage still applies.

Dorganath

RE: plus on Arrows
    « Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 08:26:54 am »
    @Sab Kaylag:
      In the future, please do not post exploitable information on the forums.
      Also, do not continue this practice. We have recently become aware of it through another report and we will be correcting this behavior.

Sab Kaylag

• View Profile
      « Reply #7 on: December 22, 2006, 03:04:26 pm »
      sorry just read this a few minutes ago then i PMed L with some of my thoughts that way i wouldn't repost the "exploit" here.  

um could you please let me know after the programming and such is in game so i can post a discussion on those ideas just to see what people have to say this way it will be done after others can act on it.

I would do it now but no discusion could happen without putting down the "exploit"