The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Back Again  (Read 5587 times)

Honora

Back Again
« on: March 15, 2008, 10:25:53 pm »
Got two of three for the Vial, now I'm in the ruins to Rofierin and I'm just...stuck.

Fought our way down to the level with the nigh-impossible golum and could not defeat him (my adamantium sword is "weapon ineffective"...) so I found another way to remove him from the situation but now, I'm faced with two doors, neither of which respond to my sword, neither of which my (useless) dwarf can pick.

Now what?

I want to like this, I really do, but the frustration level has become almost intolerable at this point.  While the AIDS system absolutely rocked, I have to find fault in the complete lack of places to rest, and the difficulty of the fights.  Reloading ten or more times on "moderate" or "challenging" mobs is just not fun.  I want to finish it but I just don't seem to have anywhere to go since none of the doors will open and my dwarf can't pick any of the locks.  I think this module should have been set up as multi-player or the difficulty of the fighting toned down a hair.

Suggestions on what I MUST have missed?  I will take full-out cheats.  I don't care about surprises anymore.  I just want to get it done.

Lalaith Va'lash

Re: Back Again
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 11:14:44 pm »
I agree that the fights needed to be toned down - 100%.  At that point I think we ran out of man power and out of time.  I play through in god/cheat mode personally so that I can enjoy the story.  Of course, I'd never been good with fighting in OC or SP of any sort (even BG where you know they have years to implement) so I had originally thought it was only me and never thought to report it while testing, sadly.

Agreed as well with the places to rest thing.  If we could do an update, those would be the exact two points to hit on.

As for finishing, what you are looking for is the statue of the dragon.  I'm not sure what doors your referring to... but the module "should" have been that you are either able to bash the doors to break them down, or if they are key only it would be on something.  Nothing amiss.  

I'd honestly have to look into it further to see if it was anything else. Been over a year  since I played that.

Honora

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 09:51:01 am »
Well, I'm just going to put it in plain English then.  I'm on the 2nd level of the Rofirein temple.  There was no key that I found on the first level.  There is no key that I can find on the 2nd level.  On the 3rd level, I found a golum that took over five minutes of hits with me burning every single healing potion I had, hoping it was just an epic damage shield.  After that (and thank god I saved) I lured him up to the 2nd level and had him chase me into the room to the right of the main entrance where I locked him in.  That is when I discovered that my weapons would not bash either door on the 3rd level and Bjarni can't open them either.  As well, there are several doors on the 2nd level that do not open when bashed and cannot be opened by Bjarni.

The golum description says it's weakened to cold but as a paladin I have no cold spells nor any items that produce that effect, and of course no cold damage on my sword.  So I cannot defeat it if it holds a key that I need.

If there is no solution to this puzzle, then I would appreciate the god mode cheats so I can finish it.  But this does change my vote, sorry folks.

Honora

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 05:24:42 pm »
Alright.  Figured it out thanks to Jen - blunt weapons.

Point in fact, the fights are so impossible that I'm now completely out of healing with many more golums to go and I can't even retrace my steps without dying because the bandits respawn.

I give up.  I'm sorry but I am rescinding my vote on this module - not to be harsh, there was a lot of work put into it, but it is so difficult as to not be fun and fun is my metric.

anything