Layonara Community Support > Community Project Support Forum

Orc's Watch NPCs attacking eachother

(1/2) > >>

jael_53:
Just started playing this and am at the murder mystery part, but all the town guards have suddenly started attacking and killing the commoners!  Also, the character that appeared near the beginning and gave me some equipment (can't remember his name, sorry) is now in a permanent fight with two of the guards (he is near death but never dies) so I cannot talk to him again.  Is he essential to the murder quest?  I kind of think he is important because he doesn't die like the nameless commoners did....

Thanks
Jenny

Marswipp:
Sounds like the factions went crazy...

Lalaith Va'lash:
Yes, it does sound like a factions issue. Did you accidently attack sombody that you weren't supposed to?
  I'm pretty sure if the factions are screwy it will hinder if not completely really mess up the gameplay.

Talan Va'lash:

--- Quote ---jael_53 - 2/22/2007  9:27 AM

Just started playing this and am at the murder mystery part, but all the town guards have suddenly started attacking and killing the commoners!  Also, the character that appeared near the beginning and gave me some equipment (can't remember his name, sorry) is now in a permanent fight with two of the guards (he is near death but never dies) so I cannot talk to him again.  Is he essential to the murder quest?  I kind of think he is important because he doesn't die like the nameless commoners did....

Thanks
Jenny
--- End quote ---

The guard is not essential to the murder quest no.

Arder (the NPC who gave you gear in the beginning) has his own conversations later on, but they're sideplots and not mandatory to beat the game.

My guess on why this happened is that you attacked some NPC (or clipped them with an AoE like a fireball) which made everyone else mad at you which led to infighting between commoners/defenders or commoners/merchants.

If you remember who you attacked or accidentally hit with a spell it would be useful information for improving this later if it did indeed happen due to an accident.

jael_53:
I'm playing with a partner (me as a rogue and he as a monk) and I don't think we have accidentally hit anyone we shouldn't have. No spells have been flung. The only combat has been in the cellar of the inn, and I don't think either of us hit the guy down there.  But will start again, as we have not progressed too far, and see if the problem replicates itself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version