The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Deity Forum Join Requests - New Protocol-  (Read 2282 times)

Serissa

Re: Deity Forum Join Requests - New Protocol-
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2013, 03:57:11 pm »
Is there a forum for Deliar?  I've never seen mention of one, but if there is, Katelyn Poetr would like to join it.

Lance Stargazer

Re: Deity Forum Join Requests - New Protocol-
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2013, 04:00:46 pm »
For those who wonder about a Forum for a particular god. .

From here.

Quote from: IDii

Also if there's no post for a deity here, that most likely means the deity currently has no forum for the followers. In that case, feel free to make a post like that where you can ask for others if they're interested in setting up a forum. The minimum requirement for a forum is 3 users who play a character following the deity and at least one of these characters should be a lvl8+ cleric.

So now you know what you need ;)

eltalstroneves

Does applying still work in
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2015, 11:16:58 pm »

Does applying still work in the same way? Not finding the drop down menu from my account. Any advice appreciated :)

Regards,

Eltalstro

"By my mother's beard!"
Wanark Thangahaz'a

Ravemore

Eltalstro, are you still
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2015, 10:06:22 pm »

Eltalstro, are you still having a problem with this?

eltalstroneves

Yes, but it may be because I
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2015, 08:37:31 am »

Yes, but it may be because I have no idea what I'm doing. The only place I see "My Account" is the link in the top right hand corner of the screen. It seems from this that there should be a "My Account" button on the menu bar along with "Home, Lore, Community..." just below the Layonara logo? If I click the My account link in the top right it takes me through to edit my account.

Regards,

Eltalstro

"By my mother's beard!"
Wanark Thangahaz'a

Serissa

I think maybe the procedure
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2015, 09:28:09 am »

I think maybe the procedure changed when the forum moved.  Try sending a PM to Rowana.

Rowana

Actually, you can do this on
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2015, 10:01:00 am »

Actually, you can do this on the account page. What you need to do is make sure your "NWN" profile is set up and then claim your character.
So head over to your My Account and click that. On there you should see some tabs 'view' and 'edit' below the words 'NWN Profile". If you do not see that then you need to set it up.

Setting it up is -mostly- a matter of entering your Public CDKey. There should be a button there to 'set up NWN Profile' or something to that effect (sorry I'm not sure the exact wording). Once you click that you should be able to enter your Public CDkey into the box labeled as such. Here's the walk through on that if you need it. http://layonara.com/nwn/nwn-and-your-public-cd-key (Don't worry about filling in any of the other boxes for right now, you can do that at any time.)

Now, that should link your characters up to your account but you still have to 'claim' them. This allows people to choose whether or not they want to display certain characters. This is mostly useful for players with deleted characters or players who share computers and may have gotten characters mixed up on the forums. Anyway.... so once you save the changes go back to your view tab on the NWN Profile page. You should have a list of characters (or one if you only have one) to claim. I am pretty sure it's just another link to click but it's been a while!  Once you claim those characters the forums should automagically give you appropriate deity badge and forum access.

Let me know if you don't see what you need to do from there and I'll do some digging and get more steps for you to follow but IIRC it was pretty self explanitory from that point. I'll see about getting an FAQ posting done up on this when I can (might be a while though!)

~row

eltalstroneves

Hi Rowana,I can get through
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2015, 08:30:12 pm »

Hi Rowana,

I can get through to the links for my Characters and there is a link to click for Slag Bellows but his portrait doesn't appear. Under Background should it have Slag's character description visible to players IG? I am fairly sure I did this but I'm not sure how to view it. I guess another player viewing Slag's challenge rating could tell me for sure.

Below Slag's name I get the generic hooded portrait and two tabs "Background" and "Core Info". Above are three tabs "View", "Character Development" and "Devel". 

Thanks for the help.

"By my mother's beard!"
Wanark Thangahaz'a

Rowana

Hello Eltalstroneves,So the
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2015, 11:06:59 pm »

Hello Eltalstroneves,

So the portrait issue is on our side, a lingerint artifact from some things we haven't quite worked out yet. We made a big shift to these current forums and lost some of our previous linkage between the forums and the database and so some of that stuff isn't updating properly (yet).

Now I'm showing you with a Vorax badge on your forum account. Can you see this forum? http://layonara.com/forums/layonara-world-lore/deities-of-layonara/vorax If yes, we may be all finished here unless there's another missing deity?

Let me know!
~row

eltalstroneves

Hi,Yes the Vorax membership
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2015, 11:33:12 pm »

Hi,

Yes the Vorax membership is through another character. My new character is a follower of Dorand. Lonnarin has helped me with some Deity issues already as I hadn't properly linked Dorand to Slag Bellows. Thanks for your help I really appreciate it.

Nga Mihi,

Eltalstroneves

"By my mother's beard!"
Wanark Thangahaz'a

Rowana

Hello Eltalstroneves,We can't
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2015, 10:36:18 am »

Hello Eltalstroneves,

We can't seem to figure out what didn't click right in this case. In theory when the database runs it's little process to update character information to the website you should have gained Dorandite access. But that didn't appear to happen so I just edited your profile for now. We may revisit this at  later time if we get some other ideas, but you should be all set for now!

Thanks for your patience.

~row

eltalstroneves

Yes, I am able to access the
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2015, 09:18:55 am »

Yes, I am able to access the Dorandite forum now. Thanks for your help.

Eltalstro

"By my mother's beard!"
Wanark Thangahaz'a