The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: "A whole new world" - Faylong  (Read 236 times)

Umbada

• View Profile
    "A whole new world" - Faylong
    « on: August 30, 2011, 12:15:42 pm »
    I sit and remember fondly the memories of laying in the woods and eating berries in a gentle breeze.  The biggest worry was what was going to be for dinner or the occasional storm.  Never before did I have to worry about my life being in grave peril or my actions influencing the fate of someone else.

Today was a fortunate day for me.  I have learned quite a bit in my short time here. I met a dwarf, short round and hairy, who decided to befriend me even though I have burned her in the butt, singed her hair and even managed to cause certain death.  I also met a human who is teaching me to adapt socially and what personal boundaries are.  Most encounters I have had are fleeting and momentary.... these seem different, deeper.. possibly the beginning of something grand.

Umbada

• View Profile
      Re: "A whole new world" - Faylong
      « Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 02:59:01 am »
      The shadows crept in and the sun sank behind a wall of clouds.  Thunder shook the very foundations of the earth and I found myself standing alone in the Gloom Woods.  The smell of death was barely kept at bay by the torrential downpour.  My companion badly wounded and my spirit on the edge, I fell to my knees and took a deep breath.  A mix of mud, filth and decay covered me and started to fill my lungs.  

Then suddenly there was a break in the torment and I felt a ray of hope crest my heart.  A hero had appeared to aide me in my darkest hour.  She guided me through the woods and helped to vanquish the undead that plague the forest.  She says she is not religious and doesn't much dabble in the things of gods... but that day she was an answer to prayer.

Umbada

• View Profile
        Re: "A whole new world" - Faylong
        « Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 03:07:08 am »
        Tossing the meanings of things back and forth in your head can be a tricky adventure.  I came across a revelation today about my surroundings and the nature of things.  I was thinking of how wildlife survives and what lessons I have learned from them.  

I have learned that sometimes looking like your enemy can keep them at bay. So I decided to test this theory by dressing as dark and evil as I could imagine.  I even wallowed around in the dirty to get a good smell going. Today, I learned that creatures of an evil nature do not care who or what you may look like.  They instead deal out death and hatred to any who may come their way.  Surprisingly unbiased and very straight forward, you are either one of them, or you are not.

anything