The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: 'Tis a Good Day to Die  (Read 125 times)

JDiggity

• The Angels Guild
    • Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
'Tis a Good Day to Die
« on: July 01, 2006, 03:20:54 pm »
22nd Lantern: Feas, near the end of Junar, 1402                                                                             At long last, my journey to the continent of Mistone is complete.  The cool air of the night calms my soul, and I ponder my next move in the far-too-cleanly alleyways of Hlint.  Speaking of clean alleys, I have come to despise many aspects of this rottenly peaceful community.  Hlint is a queer town.  The locals are brash, while the visitors are friendly.  Houses lie neatly rowed in matching blocks, while commercial structures lay strewn about, almost haphazardly.  And the days – oh the painfully bright days.  The sun beats down, the flowers seem to dance in the wind, and the air is filled with the sounds of children’s laughter.  I don’t think I’ve seen a drop of rain in a week.  It’s enough to drive me to an early grave, Corath willing.  However, I will have to make due, for the time being.  I am not yet prepared to journey to Spellgard, and Hlint seems to the bear adequate supplies for the moment.  I have learned to pass the horrendous days within the sewer, a curiously intricate structure for such as small town.  A local warrior (an unruly character by the name of Elgon) first introduced me to the dark solitude of this place.  In our visit, I watched in fascination as he tore the local rat community limb from limb.  The destruction was swift, calculated and devastating – it was a virtual symphony of death and chaos.  I’ve felt bound to the place ever since.  However, I am beginning to grow weary of the sewer.  I am sick of skinning rats, and I have felt the icy grip of death only once since arriving here.  I yearn for the swamp, and the scent of decay emanating from this place is no substitute for that of real corpses.  I believe I shall be making a trip to the graveyard very shortly, to see what oddities I can turn up in there. May your death at my hands be a painful one.  Atuan Tehanu