The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: *The spine reads "from beginning to end"* Ivins journal  (Read 179 times)

devil driver

• View Profile
    *The spine reads "from beginning to end"* Ivins journal
    « on: December 17, 2006, 02:26:51 pm »
    *While sitting at what seems to be a common fire to rest and relax at just outside of hlint, he pulls his parhment and feather out*

My first time on my own! not that it was all that bad with my parents but a good feeling to travel ways away from Shoufal, a change for some warmer weather which i wont be seeing for awhile. Ive recently discovered events that our happening in this world that my parents never made mention of..wonder why they never told me knowing i may be of some sort of aid with proper training...but i still look to the ever so gloomy sky for hope.

Ive been looking for someone who may follow her perfection, so far ive met none. Mainly these priest of Aerdin which ive never heard of till ive come here to Hlint. Alot to be learned from these parts but for now i must seek rest by this over-warming fire. Tommorow i will seek some local jobs that may be around the area, so need some rest *yawns*      *stores his journal in his pack*

devil driver

• View Profile
      Re: *The spine reads "from beginning to end"* Ivins journal
      « Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 12:59:08 pm »
      *while sitting on a bench by a marvelous lake in Hlint, Ivin grabs  his feather and parcment begins another day in the journal*
      Oclar, 26 1409

Well today i feel was most scuessfull, Ive manage to help several locals and some other adventures as well. Trying to keep the names of those i meet fresh to my mind, but is rather hard when new faces are as frequent as refilling canteens.. which they do not sell good canteens here, my first items i purchased in this town have broke or started to leak within days. Guess this town houses at the Inn or just outside and about the town alot of adventures. seems to have many who have answers they seek. Or justice they must see upheld and have follow their god accordingly. Still no sign of another Berylite.

Im sure ill run into someone who serves her perfection before to long.. Oh almost forgot my tasks ive manage to get today, which is very nice i needed the true.. What i came with was not near enough, ill remeber that next time i decide to travel somewheres new.. Bring Extra! after entering the gates of Hlint and searching around the town a little bit i fount some things to do.

first i had to help this tax lady with some paper work issues. Which involved seeking a Ratman. With a bit of help with a passing adventures we were able to take the books from him and reutrn them. soon after i was alone again traveling to see what sites i could find.

Then i met Grimnor Forgehammer, A great dwarf and great craftsmen, he worked with almost everything.. to be honest i dont know what he hasnt atleast try to craft. He had helped me out alot. I do belive Beryl meant for us to cross paths, with his help i was able to attain and complete more local task. We ran across this young bard in the inn who lost a necklace of some sort. We searched everywhere for this necklace, turns out one of those squarish green globs had it inside of its jello like body.. those foe are strange looking indeed. But we got the young bard's necklace back and contiune on looking for more jobs. And as of late i see goblins comming with in the walls of Hlint, The Captain around hlint wasnt happy and had given me another task to collect some.. well some proof. Also seemed Ronus was having problems with the same bunch of goblins, So me and Grimnor had a look upon the hill and inside the cave. We managed to gather the "proof" from the scouts and decided to explore the cave. Deep with in this cave we came across an overlord, but this wasnt untill beryl blessed me with multpile deposits of Greenstone! after the mining was done we sought after an overlord which we manage find.

Upon returning the good news and proof that was needed, I was rewarded well and decided to look about other places for work. Went to Haven and seen they had troubles with ogres around the area..Was asked to confront the leader and was asked to end his trail of raiding. Decide it was for the best and asked several to aid me in this. Seems this problem wasnt only noticed by I, and seemed they had others asked seek his death. And glad for the amount of adventures for this task was no easy one, this restless cave held some fearsome ogres and ones that use magic. But we manage to defeat the leader and make it back up alive and well in need of rest. So now im here by this beautiful lake resting up a bit before i begin my search of gems and crafts to get into tommorow. i will be sure to write what ive seen in that time.. untill then. ~Ivin

devil driver

• View Profile
        « Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 01:07:40 pm »
        *sitting at fire outside of Hlint with his pack ox, pulls his feather and journal out*
        Novlar, *seems to have several scribbles over what use to be a number and has left as is* 1409

Seems just yesterday that ive wrote but has been some days, which havent a clue on what day it is being i have seen much of town or its time.. Ive have done nothing but mined and lived in a cave in Sielwood. Making some trips to Hlint for food and water as needed and some rest. But mainly rested in this cave, alot of Malachite lays within this cave and my crafting skill is in need of work so i must make this entry fairly short. I did meet this High Druid if you will she's a happy and pretty one. Her name was Brisbane and she does love bears! we talked for a few hours about nature and things of that sort. I do respect nature so she was easy to talk with, but woe onto thee who mistreats nature and its blessings, for she isnt very kind to those. Well i must get some rest the hour is late and the light.. or what little light of these dark times prevails comes early, must be prepared for another long time of crafting.. Untill then ~Ivin

devil driver

• View Profile
          « Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 02:36:13 pm »
          *resting upon a rock just outside of Velensk Ivin begins to write his over dued entry*
          Decilar, 3 1409    

It has been awhile since ive last wrote, Withing these times ive manage to be fond of my craft again. Ive been exploring diffrent cities and towns to discover what gems they may posses, During this time ive crossed a unique Barbrain.. well strange is more the word, His name is "Silence" We have been traveling for about 3 weeks so far.. and the adventure dont seem to be dying down any so no telling how many more weeks/months are to come.  I manage to slip away to quickly jot down an entry or just to express my current thought to get them off my chest. During this travel with Silence ive come to learn more about him, He really isnt a bad person just doesnt talk to much, nor trust really anyone. But when no one else is around he can be friendly.

Really cant blame him, his child hood is only one of pure evil can even call "okay". But nether the less we still travel together and get along pretty good. I dont know how many friends he's got but seems he's starting to trust me, which is good. *looks up from his journal and watches Silence pacing, twirling his axe* .. and one of these days hes going to loose a hand throwing that axe around. He has helped me find some marvelous gems as well as train me a bit more in battle. My mace has proven worthy in a fight but im starting to wonder if i would like to seek training maybe on another weapon.. ive been watching some use a Longsword, i know as a child i wasnt the best with it but i been thinking of learning maybe. I just hope Beryl would understand my need in training for such a weapon as it is not favored by her. These foe around this area arent a force to be taking lightly by any means.

With the help of one named Tegan, i was able to get a few topaz to work on back at the shop. Tegan *he looks back from his journal again watching Silence still pace and eyeing strangers walking by* she is a nice person, i think Silence likes her im not sure tho **chuckles* hard to see him being a relationship person but hey its possible i suppose..either way ill still be his friend threw it all, thats all he really needs it some one who he can trust and able to call a friend. oh speaking of friendships and being nice....

I was just in Hlint when i ran across this one drow named Zergon.. Seems he is not like by many.. most speak of drow the same as those who spoke of them when i was a child. No one seems to care if drow were wiped off the face of layonara, I can understand the hatred for the raids they've done, the wars they've caused.. or killing they prehaps have done. But not everyone was included in that battle, or slaying. or that raid.. I belive some of the pass has made an curcial impression upon Drow. This zergon fellow, really means no harm and is ashamed of his family.. granted im sure many have said that to just be accepted to get pass the walls to maybe gather or spy on imformation.. But maybe.. just mabye.. he isnt going to do any of that.. maybe all zerg wants is to fit in, I dont really care nor trust drow myself, or they close comrades the dark dwarves.. but I dont belive zerg to be in any of the raids i'd seen working mines as a teen.. and i dont belive he's slaughtered any innocence.. does this not speak on his behalf? im just angered i guess at peoples fast judgement..when i was walking to spellgard is it? a bard had stop pass and had a decent little chat with me.. well at first, he explained the tree that lays just beside the entrance of this town by a lake, what its purpose was, a reminder.. a reminder to be better prepared from what he was saying.. he begin to explain his digust for drow, i felt i shouldve had atleast try to show him a diffrent aspect to look a drow maybe as individuals instead of as a whole..

Wellll that didnt go over well, i dont think he likes me now, just a day after that incident i ran across his path he was with some friends i think.. He just comes out and says "Theres that one who trust Drow!" .. felt like i was going to be arrested for being friendly.. so ill watch my words and maybe keep somethings to myself, is it really better to hate them when you dont know them? i doubt it, but as i said im no longer going to say anything.. *watches Silence lock eyes with him and then back to the road, gesturing boredem* Well then i better had wrapped this up. tommorow we set off for more gems and think he is meeting with Tegan as well, so we might all go out for a bit of an adventure. Im still searching for any Berylites i can find *he smiles* Soon i feel i will prevail.

Until then. ~Ivin

devil driver

• View Profile
            « Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 04:15:04 pm »
            *sitting in the Wild Surge Inn eating the cooks special fare, he pulls his journal and feather out*

Decilar 25, 1409

The weather is always the same only colder in certain parts, i travel day and night searching for gems, and those who follow Beryl. Since ive last wrote, ive fount what ive been searching for--Followers of Beryl, one who goes by the name Quill.. He ranks as a Emerald to her perfection, but before i was even introduced to him i ran across this dwarf.. oh what was his name! im horrible at remebering names for some odd reason, any way this dwarf had me meet one called Voon, his  rank is a Fire opal to her perfection, I was very pleased to have met him, for they showed me the way to the Temple in Sunspear. Ive never seen a temple like this, not like the one i went too growing up. Even then i still didnt have time to admire the beauty of the place upon entering.. We had a issue that was being dicussed.

One whose a supposed Demi-god on one dwarf's account, and this demi-god hes known as Mallra i do belive, once again im horrible at names *tears off a piece of parchment and sets it to the side* Not any more, from here on out ill start keeping a list of names and there titles on this here parchment. But this part i do remeber, a truce was seattle of the talk between the adventures and Mallra, 7 years we leave them alone they leave us alone is what i gathered from hearing them talk of it.. oh "Them" would be Voon, and Quill, Goldy was there as well, and the dwarf whose name i cant remeber. *seems to be a bit angered at not remebering names* Well the dwarf had some confliction on the truce taht was seattle and the aggrement basically affects the world as a whole not just the adventures who were at the meeting. I do know what needs to be done in this seven years on my part. i must prepare..i must start crafting heavily and at all times to strenghten my skill at craft, and then i can aid others in this process. It is seven years away but every minute is an oppertunity to gain strength. We should always prepare for the worse so atleast this way we wont be suprised.

Well on a diffrent side of the coin, ive been well, as well as one can be i assume, i do nothing but travel and craft.. Im planning a trip here soon the a place some call Prantz.. i guess it was named prantz after the big war, Not to many are happy with the guards there ill have to see this place for myself some time.. well im getting a bit.... *yawns deeply* tired.. Tommorow ive planned another day of crafting maybe some purchases of some equipment of my future trip. I hear you need all the best equipment you can afford with some of the foe there. And ive done nothing but save since working arround this town of Hlint and regional towns. So i should have enough to get me there and then some left over *smiles looking over to the bard who seems to be staring at him writing in the Surge Inn*  Well i better move along these tables are for customers and ive only bought one meal and dont drink so i dont quite fit here *chuckles* but tommorow comes soon ill be sure to keep track of names of those i encounter in the future.

Until then. ~Ivin