The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: A Bard's Tale  (Read 173 times)

Zhofe

• Followers of Ilsare
    • Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
A Bard's Tale
« on: December 07, 2004, 03:31:00 am »
It's been so long since I've written something down about myself. I guess that whole deal in Haven can do that to you. I finally told someone the whole story ... Well ... not everything, but most of it.

Ambryn is such a fine lady. She's not my type at all mind you, too ... I don't know the word for it ... I guess "Innocent" would do it. Yes, much too innocent for the likes of me, but she is one of the only real friends I have around these parts. I told her about it all, even about Eliana. Telling someone of that was not the salt over old wounds I thought it would be ... in fact, I think that telling her was the only real cure.

For some reason, I don't want to go back to Leilon, to my old stomping ground. I know I could do better there, but something keeps me in Hlint. Maybe it is the women, maybe something else, I don't know.I finally have a reason t stay here though, so I may aswell.

I need to get a band together. I know that together Ambryn, Kat, and I could play the sort of songs that would keep the marks coming back every time. Maybe I should stop calling them marks ... Ambryn seems to get a bit upset over that sometimes ... then again, sometimes that upset look can look so pretty on her. I'll stop some other time.

I spent all of that time up there with Ambryn just telling my story and not flirting didn't I ... I think I only got one little complement in on her ... I'm slipping, slipping very bad. I guess I'll have to get back to work around Hlint. Wherever there is a lady unworshipped, I'll be there!

Zhofe

• Followers of Ilsare
    • Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
RE: A Bard's Tale
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 06:47:00 pm »
For such a thin lass Cara slaps pretty hard. I was just commenting that I thought her dress was a bit tight ...

Some people are just like that I suppose. I spent all of today at the inn, sleeping, or thinking. I keep feeling that missing weight in my pocket, and wonder if I really should have given her that ring ..

But what am I talking about. A ring is a ring. It is what it means that made me give it to her. Isn't it? Why do I keep hearing Eliana's voice in the back of my head? Why do I keep seeing her dance into my dreams.

Why am I still happy when I see them? Why doesn't that voice bring back the memories of how she left. Why does it only bring back the good times! Why does my memory not let me feel the pain anymore!?

Because she is still out there ... somewhere ... Eliana is out there and I know it ... Part of me wants to find her, but another part just wishes she would dissapear, for good.

In my heart still left a hole
A red haired maid torments my soul
Even as I lie awake
I hear her laugh, and my heart breaks.

I know to her it's not meant to be
So why does it still tear at me
I don't know, it's not my place
But still the tears won't run down my face.

I see her in my dreams
And I hear her in my thoughts
I know that somewhere out there now
She waits alone for me
But even if these things are true
My heart it cannot mend
Too much pain, too much time
To love her yet again

Perhaps that's her over there
Can you not see that fiery hair
A trick, that's all, my eyes decieve
Why oh why won't these memories leave

I love her still but I love her not
My love is not quite all I thought
The silver ring I gave away
But still I remember that horrible day

I see her in my dreams
And I hear her in my thoughts
I know that somewhere out there now
She waits alone for me
But even if these things are true
My heart it cannot mend
Too much pain, too much time
To love her yet again

I cannot love her yet again
Or can I, I can't decide
Maybe if I could see her again
My heart it would not hide

Hrmm ... yes, yes, that sums it up very well. I bet Ambryn would like that one. I still haven't sung her that other song I have been meaning to. My thoughts turn to that blond haired bard ... but I don't even really know anything about her. She is good ... she got me to pour my heart out to her without even a kiss ... I wonder if she is really so innocent afterall ...

Leanthar

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 07:03:00 pm »
Zhofe, did you create this poem?

Zhofe

• Followers of Ilsare
    • Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 07:26:00 pm »
//Yes. Oh, okay, I'll think about donating some work to the handbook then.

Zhofe

• Followers of Ilsare
    • Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2004, 07:03:00 pm »
I think I've come down with something. I don't really feel like I have the energy to leave this inn room. I'm glad Yastin was nice enough to let me keep the room this long. I can't spend this long without being productive though ... maybe I can write another song.

Now, lets see ... where can I find the inspiration for a song.

Hrmmm .... What about Mirren? She seems a perfect tragic soul ... the marks love stuff like that.

Lets see here

Forever cursed
Forever decreed
Forever to remember
Those horrible deeds

Hrmmm ... all I caqn think of for now ... but that is far too generic. Very bland. Maybe Mirren isn't the best inspiration ...

Oh well ... back to bed I suppose.

Zhofe

• Followers of Ilsare
    • Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2004, 09:39:00 am »
*scribbled a bit haphazardly*

Ideas for a song for the band. Talk to Ambryn and Kat about this

[chorus]
Life and love
All the same
Life and love
With a pretty dame?
Life and love
Such a shame
Life and love
It's all a game

My life, my love
I've been betrayed
Like a corpse, my love
In cold ground laid

Maybe someday
I'll see her again
That red haird stray
Where my love begins

So I live my life
In an easy way
Never take a wife
Just flirt all day

I'm glad to see
In such a town
Girls'll humor me
'fore they turn me down

[chorus]

- The next part will be written in by either Ambryn or Kat, depending on how they do it

[chorus]

-This part written by whoever didn't write before.

Alright, that looks good. I'll have to run into them sometime.

I wonder if Ambryn has been practicing enough for me to give her that present I've been wanting too ....

Zhofe

• Followers of Ilsare
    • Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2005, 08:59:00 pm »
Bah! Not even a smile from Doria when I came back! Yastin remembered that 20 gold I owed him, and apparently some Drow are poisoning people! I had hoped to come back to find things nice and to see Ambryn smiling and laughing and playing her harp ... but ... she was not ... Hlint is so much different ... even Ozy seems to be missing ...

Oh well ... on the bright side, I met a lovely lass by the name of Yashilla. She seems like one of those real innocent types. (she IS a priestess after all) She blushed at my compliments. Now there is something that hasn't happened in a while, someone blushing from something that Ash Windsong said ... Now ... where is Cara ... I think I will give her a good smack on the rump for old times sake.

anything