The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: A Woman's Journal  (Read 404 times)

ystrday

A Woman's Journal
« on: October 27, 2007, 10:25:50 am »
*Tegan sits near the fireplace, quietly reflecting as she holds a small book in her hands. The house is quiet in the early morning hours of the coming day. Slowly she opens the book with one hand, and holding the quill in the other she begins to write*

Dear Journal,

This is the first time I've written in a journal in well over ten years. Alot has happened in my life since then, since being Dragon called and landing in Hlint all those years years ago. I have a nice home on Dregar, filled with love and peace that only having a child can bring.

*she sighs as she writes this* As well as a monkey named Screech, and a man in my life named Sallaron. Right now journal Sall is acting childish.. just because he "caught" me having a drink! He's so blind to things sometimes, he doesn't understand there is a difference from me having a drink to him having one... I DO NOT *she stresses the two words*  have a problem with alcohol like he does!

And well some ways I'm glad he's finally seen me have a drink. I hated hiding it from him on those rare occasions when the stress has gotten to much and I just needed to forget a little while the responsibilities I have. Living him with isn't easy.. neither is being a mom.. and being in a guild and keeping the resources available for when my comrades decided to come in and actually do something. I've had to start other crafts I thought I would never do!.. Good thing I know how to dodge so when the tinker device blows up I do not get as hurt. So what if I wanted a bloody drink! The man did not have a right to get all self rightious on me.. he deserved me using a bit of magic and tipping his chair back that night at the Arms. *her writing flows quickly filled with emotion* Next time I'm going to turn him into a toad! and let him try and drink ale that way! *she takes a deep breath and calms herself down*

Right now I have other things I need to worry about, Sall and myself, getting ourselves organzed to help a "friend" in need.  I just hope he can work that persuasive tongue he has on Muir and Shamur, because I don't think our friend has much time left. Those people have to be stopped.

ystrday

A Woman's Journal
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 09:33:49 am »
I had a talk with Q the other day, it was a good talk. Our friend is beginning to heal thanks to Q's ministrations. I still am hoping to check on him myself to see if he's alright, and hopefully he will be able to help give some information on what happened to him. While listening to Q, it brought up the conversation I had with Abi.. I feel this is much bigger then I thought.. much bigger.

Onto other things, seems Sall and myself keep missing each other or I get home and he has to go out and vice versa. No real time to have a good chat. I know he's been home trying his cooking lately, because I found a new burn circle on the counter, and a black spot on the ceiling that wasn't there before.

Trouble is getting tall, soon he'll be taller than me. *sighs in rememberance* I remember when he was born so well. How small he was and how he would fit in my arms, and just stare at me. And now, he's old enough to wander the forest, and certain parts of Dregar on his own. Screech I know will protect Trouble, they have a close bond.

ystrday

A Woman's Journal
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 03:08:01 am »
*She quietly tiptoes into Trouble's room, tucking him in. Then the woman tiptoes and tucks in Screech whose tiny bed is next to her son's bed. She then quietly makes it to their room, where she reaches for her journal and simply writes*

You are beginning to get yourself over your head.

**she puts her journal away, sighing afterwards she curls up in the huge bed holding his pillow to her crying herself to sleep*

ystrday

A Woman's Journal
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 06:51:17 pm »
Ohh he makes me so mad!!

*she stops and stares at the blue roses on the table, she then returns her attention back to her journal*

If he thinks that some flowers and fresh fruit is going to make up for the countless nights of worrying and crying well then Folian forgot to put a screw in the man's mind!

*she dots the exclamation point, looking up she singes the edges of one of the roses. As she starts to write again, her writing is angry and even looking more angrier then she started her journal entry*

The only saving grace for him at this moment is Trouble, Trouble lying on his chest sleeping as Sall sleeps. Well he will have a nice surprise when he wakes up, and all I can say I am thankful I kept that spare bed up in the living room!

*she sighs, and her writing slowly becomes normal as she continues*

Stopped and saw Drakie last night, he is a cute little boy. *she sighs again* Barion.. I cannot even protect him.. When I saw him hurt I thought of Sall dying in FireSteep.. lying there broken and bleeding. What good are my powers if they cannot protect those I care for!.. I thought I knew myself! I feel so useless..What a joke.. my skills. *she bows her head*

*Tegan sits there a long quiet moment, till she moves her head to stare at her beloved face as he sleeps, smugly watching as smoke rises from his head, as she singes just the tips of his hair*

*She mutters as she walks to her room with her journal* I know how to be bloody gentle.

ystrday

A Woman's Journal
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 12:15:21 am »
Dear Journal, I know I keep saying this but Trouble is getting so big, it's hard to imagine him that little newborn those few years ago.  Just the other day Sall gave him his own bow and began showing him how to use it. Don't you know, the little guy took to it like it was the most natural thing in the world. I also noticed during that time, my son's hair has small threads of white hair growing in his hair.. breath taking.

*sighs as she slowly writes the next part of her journal*

Sall.. here I feel safe to write my thoughts down, write how I am feeling about.. about the aftermath. I know he's sorry and he's trying to make up for what he's done.. again. Here I am.. again, deciding what I should do with my feelings. As much as I want things to go back as they were, I cannot. When he leaves the house or goes off on his normal journeys.. I wonder am I going to see him again. Will he leave me again, and what hurts is how easy he does it. When he comes back, it just makes it a bit harder to open my heart to him once more. Sall tries though.

*she closes her journal to answer some questions from Trouble, she tells him no he cannot have a cookie to close to dinner, no he cannot take one of his dad's bows to practice with, he'll shoot his eye out with that powerful bow, yes Trouble you can make Uncle Godim a pie.. no I don't think Uncle Godim would like a mud pie without blueberries, yes I will plan a play date with Tyra. With that last answer Trouble lets a shout and him and Screech go run outside to play. Opening her journal once more she finishes*

Sall tries though, but I feel I am waiting for him to do it again. Then there is Voon, he's been acting.. odd around me. I think the time away and his battle with the soul mother has taken it's toll on him. But it is good to have him back, I have missed him and his antics. You never know what that one will be up to and where he is dragging you to, let alone if you will survive it. I just hope he's learned to count enemies when he was away. Jareg came back! Oh now that was much of a surprise like anything else could. Seeing him brings back memories of more simplier times, happy times. I cannot wait to see him again and to catch up with him some more.

Barion is worrying me of late, I found him badly  hurt in his room. I .. don't know what he was up to, and just like him he was trying to make me feel better. Here I thought the next time I would seen him he would lecture me about what I did to Sall. Telling me to watch my temper and such.

*Momma! Momma! Come play with me! she smiles hearing Trouble calling for her, she stops writing and puts her journal away quickly to run outside and tickle Trouble to the ground*

ystrday

A Woman's Journal
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 02:13:06 am »
Well journal, I took you for a walk today. Trouble and myself are helping Sall dig up some sand.

*she looks at her son and Screech trying to shovel sand into sand bags, she then groans watching the two start flinging sand at one another. Sighing she tells Trouble in elven, sand goes IN the bag.. IN. Sighing she continues*

Let's see what has been going on since I have last written. I took Trouble for that playdate with Trya. Trouble brought his bow with him, he takes it with him everywhere. That reminds me I have to tell Sall that Trouble wants to name his bow, to give it a strong elven name he says.. "Cause Daddy made me this bow and he's the strongest, toughest, bestestests daddy in all the worlds!" *grinning as she writes it* Anyway the playdate was fun for him, he was showing Trya how to hold the bow, and take aim. I was impressed Tyra took it well, an Trouble wasn't a bad teacher. Though he had to remember that Tyra didn't know elven so he a hard time translating certain words. Watching him, he has his dad's smile the kind where you know mischief will be involved somehow, you just don't know when.

*she looks up to see Trouble and Screech making sand angels in the sand, closing her journal a moment*

"What do you think you are doing Mr. Tempest?"

"Makin angels Momma"

"And who taught you how to do that?"

"Daddy!" *he giggles*

*she gives a laugh, as she opens her journal to continue her writing*

Someone tried to kill me at the craft hall.. it was.. frightening. There I was talking to Balthazar when someone came in and threw darts at me. *she rubs her arm where she took one* I do not know what they are going to prove by doing that, I am not going to tell them anything. I do not think they know who they are messing with. My will is strong and I will hold on for dear life to keep my family safe and not let anywhere near Max. The attack in the craft hall, it opened my eyes, how fast things can go. Here today.. gone tomorrow.. and what I am missing out by.. keeping Sall.. at a certain distance. I miss him.. I miss him next to me. I.. what to do... *she keeps her thoughts to herself and closes her journal. She goes to dig sand for Sall with Trouble and Screech around her playing*

ystrday

A Woman's Journal
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2007, 01:06:22 am »
Well journal, I just do not understand men.They say women are confusing and indecisive, maybe Marcus missed his calling and he should have been born a woman, because he's having a difficult time settling on a woman. First he mentions that Silver woman.. then tonight what appeared an elven woman came up to him acting nervously around him. Yet, a few days ago he recieved a note by falcon by yet another woman!

Bless Folian our days have been quiet and less confusing as our friends. Trouble and Tyra have played a few more times.  When she's over I take them both to Folians Grove, so they can go climbing up trees, running around like children do.

The silver threads of hair on Trouble's hair is slowly becoming more noticeable. His skill with the bow increases each week, as well as Sall has begun teaching him how to work with wood and how to make proper arrows. I've begun to take Trouble to the Temple a few times each week to have proper lessons besides the ones I give him at home. It's hard for Screech during those times because they asked us if he could wait outside so he'll not distract Trouble from his studies. Let me tell you, once he see's Trouble at the end of the day that boy is tackled and it's nearly impossible to seperate Screech from him.  

I have a surprise for Sall... well I hope to. I pray to Folian every night to make it come true. I want to write something personal and just for Sall on it.. Something from me to him, that he can have always with him.

*she sighs softly, as she quietly puts her journal away, snuggling up to the snoring Sall*

ystrday

A Woman's Journal
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 10:27:21 am »
Dear Journal

Sister... sis.. I seem to have gotten myself a brother. His name is Trith, an Aeridian monk, and for some odd reason he feels safe with me. Even when I have a shapeshifter after me, and some guardian coming from nowhere looking for something that looks like jelly, and fighting an invincible goblin shaman. *sighs sadly* Unfortunately the last time we traveled he fell twice, and I felt so bad about it. Trith fights well and able to hold his own, so I can see if he toughens up a bit he'll be even harder to kill.  

Sis.. I must confess the word hits close to my heart, because throughout my life I have wondered off and on if I did have any sisters or brothers out there. I gave up that hope, so I thought. I kinda like to be called sis, and as an older sister I can pick on him. Can never have enough of those to pick on.

Traveled with Sall to heal his glowing stick. It was very fun to travel with him like that. Just the two of us fighting side by side. He fights so well, and when he stands there with his sword and shield... it gives me goosebumps. We've talked to about Hurm, and tossed ideas back and forth on what we are going to do. I'm constantly looking over my shoulder, and once actually jumped at my own shadow.

I haven't seen much of Barion lately. I hope he's not avoiding me.

*with that she closes her journal and puts it away*

ystrday

A Woman's Journal
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 04:19:33 pm »
He is back, he is home, and he is taking another bath. *she chuckles as she writes, in the background she hears the splashing of the water in tune to Sall's singing.* It has been a few weeks since his transformation back into himself, and he takes at least two baths a day.

*she sighs* My Sall was turned into a goblin by a wizard who experimented on animals, humans alike. I could not bear to write that in you journal, because if I did that then it would have been real and it took all my strength to be there for him during that time. The hard looks, the snicker of comments from people who saw me sitting, or touching the Goblin Sall although we did have support from our closest friends it was a difficult time for Sall and I. *she blinks back fresh tears* And our dear friend Godim passed away right before we went to find the wizard. The house is not the same without him, Trouble is not the same. He is more serious in some ways, and takes his training a bit more to heart, but one of the main things I have noticed how Trouble withdrawls himself a little from people around him.

Krys and Beli have been spending time with him, Krys helping Trouble in his archery lessons while Sall was away, Beli teaching him self defense. One thing I am very grateful for is the people in our life. A few days ago we had a dinner party with Beli and Trith. I was in such a good mood I shared my blueberry pies. Sall and Trouble kept asking me if I was alright. I told them yes, on occasion I do share my pies.

*she tilts her head to hear the singing has stopped, and the noises of him getting dressed for the day*

Finally he is almost ready for us to travel to mine ore. *she exaggerates placing the last period of her entry. Tegan rises from the dinner table to put her journal away and to pester her guy*

ystrday

A Woman's Journal
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2007, 10:46:46 pm »
Dear Journal,

Where to start, do I talk about Trouble or Sall first, do I talk about my crafting and other people I care about first?

Trouble, I haven't told Sall yet because I wasn't so sure, but over the past few years I have sensed the increasing power of the weave in Trouble. In some ways it really is not a surprise that Trouble could become a sorceror like me, or a wizard like his Uncle Godim, him and Godim did spend alot of time together, though Godim did not really let on to Trouble's arcane abilities. Trouble has not casted any spells that I know of, and no one has told Sall or myself they have seen Trouble cast anything either. The one thing I know for sure that Trouble can do is talk to the animals. It is very natural for him, that it surprised him when I could not even understand the animals. Trouble tells me the funniest stories from what he hears from the animals. The raccoons especially have the most fun I think, they sure know what is going on with our neighbors. Who would guess that foraging for food you pick up the current gossip.  He is more relaxed when we go walking in the forests, Trouble hates when we have to visit Prantz, he wants to leave as soon as we can.

Sall *she sighs* Sall... Sall... Sall.. If you ever find this journal, you better run! Ever since he learned that I write in a journal I have to make sure I hide it well. When it is something simple I need him to find it is like "No Dear I cannot find it", or "Are you sure you left it where you told me to look?" But now that he knows about my journal he found a missing sock, Troubles wooden duckie he lost when he was two, and a well hidden surprise of blueberry pies that I had. I swear that man.

I must say Sall turning into a goblin has become a good thing. It made him realize that he was just getting into.. just a bit to much trouble. He stopped looking for trouble, actually turning down people when he thought it would get him into trouble and well it was becoming noticeable and I had to talk to him.  I told Sall that I noticed what he was doing, and that I did not want that to become between us, him not being able to be himself, but just to let me know what was going on. I think we worked it out, and well I got more then I thought. Sall was very open and honest with me. He shared a letter he got from anonymous person telling him that he needs to choose between Trouble and Valaria. I was upset someone threatening my son, threatening Sall, when I find out they will get it from me. No one threatens my family. *she takes a moment before going on* Sall shared that he received this letter after he had talked to Val at the Temple, and he shared with what transpired that day and.. the other time.  What am I supposed to do? Val it seems has not given up hope that Sall will choose her, and one day he'll leave Trouble and myself. Sall has told her both times that he has made his decision, and he has chosen his family. If someone is trying to blackmail him, they did not stay to eavesdrop the whole conversation and just stirred up trouble for themself.

Trith is being Trith, ever so helpful and to overprotective for his own good. I swear sometimes I want to knock him on the head to give him some sense. I am still with the guild and keep plugging on with my crafts. It has been weeks since I have seen Barion, I hope he is alright. Abi is on Voltrex learning to become a spellsword. Marcus I am assuming is practicing his own crafts. I have not seen anyone come to think of it in weeks.  *she finishes there, closing her journal and goes to hide it very very very well.*

ystrday

A Woman's Journal
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2008, 12:38:34 am »
Well, it has been an interesting time as of late.  Where do I start, hmm oh yes ran into a Lich. What started out to be a simple visit into the Beholder Cave with Bear, Gold and a few others turned out to be a bit more. As we were about to enter the Beholder Cave, a red streak streaked past us and we followed the trail of energy to a place on a hill. There we found a flame and steps leading down and steps leading up. I examined the flame and heard a voice repeating spells after spells continually, and images so many that I could not grasp what I was seeing but the sense of panic and evil was the feeling I was getting from them. A bone guardian had awaken and climbed up the steps to protect the flame. *shudders at the memory* Finally we left that place.

*she looks up to see Trouble looking at her, concern onhis face, as well as self doubt, she stops and gives a reassuring smile to him, instantly He smiles back and the shadows around his eyes disappears*

Then a day ago I walked in the Deliar Temple to buy a few things and I was surprised to see Barion and Bear, with Rain's daughter and a woman named Izzy surrounding Abi collapsed on the floor. It seems Abi was bitten by a vampire and no amount of healing could heal her, and slowly but surely Abi was turning into a vampire. Our time was short and Abi's only chance was to find the vampire who bit her to undue what she had done to Abi.  Well, not sure exactly how Bear did it but he found how to call the vampire to us, and with Barion's prayers answered I am sure, she came and gave Bear the antidote to heal Abi.. but with great consequence for Bear.. I hope he can do what the vampire demanded he do or more of his friends could be in more danger.

*she stops again to rub the palm of her left hand, looking up to see her son writing a list for his father of materials they will need for future jobs*

Sall and Trouble, my handsome men, are in business together. Sall has taken Trouble as an apprentice and Trouble is learning how to smelt and tinker along side his father. It means alot to Trouble that he can help his dad is evident in Trouble's face when he talks about their plans. It was during one of these times, Trouble was keeping me company while I was crushing gems and talking away, when the chisel slipped and I slashed my hand. I almost fainted seeing all that blood, I sliced the palm of my hand pretty deep. Immediately Trouble was at my side and before I could grab a cloth, he my son, healed most of the damage done. I am not sure who was most surprised him or me. Healing is not in me, the power of the weave I felt at that moment did not feel divine, but it did not feel like the weave I carry either. I could see that it panicked him, and I held him and we sat and talked a bit. I opened up to him and shared the day I learned I carried the weave and was able to do magic. Just mainly reassuring him that it is a good thing, but with it will come responsibility. I will have to talk to Sall.. if it's not divine.. well this will be interesting indeed.

ystrday

A Woman's Journal
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008, 10:17:44 am »
Well, things have been quiet as of late at home. Sall just had to give a good talk to Trouble about what items Trouble could sell or not sell. It seemed my son was asking for a bit of coin for my stash of blueberries that i've picked over time. And Sall's journal, *she chuckles*, which lead to a little wager between Sall and myself that Trouble could not find my journal. *grimaces hearing bodies bumping into couches* Trith is over, rough housing with Trouble. He has found someone, a woman named Clover and he seems happy with her. I believe Sall loves it because it gives him something to rag on Trith. Not that Sall needs much he says, but any bit helps.

About a week ago there was a meeting between the Bashers and the Explorers, many of us had looked forward to it. So it was surprising how it turned out. It was only a meeting to meet one another as a whole, to talk, to get to know one another of those in the two guilds. Unfortunately that is not all who attended and the meeting quickly got off track. I am thankful for Sall later on standing up and putting one that did not help the situation in her place. Though there were others as well that did not help, but hearing one, his reason why he acted the way he did, it was understandable. Abi and Bear, they are fun to tease and they turn red so easily. It is obvious on how they feel with each other, and how close they have gotten. I am happy for them. *a loud crash comes from the living room* Trouble!.. Trith! *she then hears the slamming of the front door* There went my new.. *She knows without seeing what broke, she sighs* vase.

*she closes her journal, warding it shut, she hides it in one place she knows her men will not look*

ystrday

A Woman's Journal
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 07:11:48 am »
I cannot believe I actually went through with it. There I was in Hempstead heading out to help Bear mine platinum, with Flynn and Marcus when Sall walked through the gates looking handsome as he usually does. I nervously made sure my pack was closed, but he noticed and teased me about it. So I told him alright I will give it to him now if he likes, but he would have to close his eyes and turn around. *smiles remembering* Well, needless to say he was hestitate and mentioned maybe later and I told him no, that this would require witnesses. Then my Captain turned around, and closed his eyes. I took out the shovel that I have been hiding in my bag for weeks. I could not believe what I was about to do, but listening to Abi and what Ell did I figure hey.. We've been together for sixteen years, what is one smack over the head between lovers? Well that is what happened, I Tegan smacked one Sallaron Tempest over the head with a shovel, claiming him as my own. I do not know who was more shocked Bear, Marcus or Flynn. I was not aware of other people coming out and congratulating Sall, I do not think Sall remembers either. I vaguely remember Ben, and I know Talia was there and she was asking if she should get a shovel for Barion. Luckily Tadashi had the frame of mind to check Sall over for me, but thankfully Sall was alright. *she stops to look at her ring finger, smiling in awe of her ring* And afterwards Sall surprised me as well. He handed me a leaf wrapped present, and inside was the most beautiful ring I have ever seen. A ring made of yew with our names inscribed.. my ring. *she touches it softly, sighing with a serene smile on her face she hides her journal once more and goes back to bed. Slipping next to Sall she leans over to kiss the nice size bump on his head* I love you Captain.

ystrday

A Woman's Journal
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2008, 04:53:11 pm »
Trith is crazy, to come up with such a ludicrous possibilty. No! it is not true. After all these years on my own. I do not need them! I do not need a mother.. a father. They have done nothing for me. I swore to myself when I found myself pregnant with Trouble that I would not treat him the way I was treated. I would love him and cherish him. No.. no.. it cannot be.

*she rests her head on journal and cries*

ystrday

A Woman's Journal
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2008, 12:28:14 pm »
Folain help me please. I do not know what to do with my son. Vines.. he called vines to get back at a brat of a child for calling him a freak. How can I teach him right from wrong, responsibility that having magic entails? When in truth I wanted to march over to that boy's house and set fire to his butt for hurting my Trouble! And in all honesty Trouble's ability I feel eventually will even outgrow my own when he grasps it fully. That is frightening in a way if he doesn't learn how to control his emotions it could cause him more trouble in the future. I will be here for him, I'll not leave him alone and figure it out on his own like I had to. I do not know what Sall and myself are going to do, but I'll be damned if my son is going to go around and start thinking of himself as a freak.

ystrday

A Woman's Journal
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2008, 12:03:57 pm »
Not to much is happening. I went to a meeting about freeing some gnome slaves from the deep, used for slave labor. One wants to go in and rescue them regardless to our safety who thinks we are cowards because we would like a plan and just know a bit more information. The Emerald of Beryl wants to help but he wishes to investigate further first, most and I must agree that is right now much better plan instead of rushing in and not knowing the whole picture.

*smiles in rememberance* I gave Sall what I was holding for him. It was nice seeing that shocked look on his face. It makes me forget how he can drive me crazy at times.

I love my men, but right now they are driving me crazy! First of all Trouble explained to myself, Sall and Tyra's parents what happened to them in the forest. Though knowing my son I know he didn't tell us everything at the time, doing his thing I suppose in hoping Tyra would not get into to much trouble. But once he was home, ohh I made him talk, mothers are good at making their children talk, and it didn't take long and Trouble was telling myself an Sall everything. Which of course set off Sall, him ranting and raving on what could have happened for following strangers into the forest. There jumped in Trouble telling his father that he knows what to do, nothing bad happened. Off they went to their own rooms, doors slamming and music blaring from Trouble's room.

*sighs as she remembers*

The next few days Sall and myself talked about what happened and we both agreed that Trouble needs to be grounded for a couple of weeks for the choices he made. Before we came up with his grounding, I could not believe my ears when Sall mentioned he wanted to put Trouble up for adoption! There he was standing in front of me and looking so bloody serious, and the blasted man started smiling and then laughing at me! He was teasing me the blasted man. I think I may have hit him to hard with the shovel.. or not hard enough!

Anyway, a day after we made the decision to ground Trouble we told him he was grounded. Which ment no friends over, no going into the forest, staying put inside and only allowed outside to do jobs and chores. Oh and Sall added that for the time of his grounding that Esther will come back and babysit him while myself and Sall are gone. Ohh Trouble loved that. Sall and Trouble got into another argument, the young bull and the older bull butting heads, both with gleams in their eyes and the stubborn tilt of their chins. I could not help but laugh to myself, they are so much alike it is funny to watch. They didn't even hear me leave the house to sit outside, and I had to bow my head and ask for help from Folian when once again I hear the slamming of doors and music coming from within. *sighs* And what did my lovely husband do? He must have bought another music player because soon after Trouble putting on his music, I hear music blaring from the other side of the house.

One of us is not going to survive Trouble's teenage years...

ystrday

A Woman's Journal
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2008, 10:03:15 am »
It has been awhile since I have written in you journal. I can honestly say I am not sure if much has happened to write in you. At this moment, I am sitting in Folian's grove next to my son, who is taking a small nap.

*A small campfire crackling next to them, with Trouble lying on a small blanket asleep.*

He's a man of 16 now, off more on his own then with Sall and myself. The woods call to him more, and only in them do I see the happiness in his eyes. Trouble knows much more then he lets on. Our talk here today has shown me that. Those nights when he comes home late, he isnt off doing whatever, but he confided to me that he comes here, surrounded by his trees, animals, the openess of the forest. Not to say he doesn't like home, or being with us he quickly reassured me, and he likes how the girls pay attention to him, but he comes here to think, and to work on his powers. He showed great interest as I talked about mine, how mine developed he was able to feel the difference how I called upon the weave to cast, and how he calls upon nature for his. I took this time to show him how to heal someone using bandages, the different type of potions out there to use in the healing arts. *sighs* Soon that day will come when he'll leave the nest and fly on his own, and I just want him prepared. And Trouble picking up on this, reassured me that I have not done to bad with him, he knows he is loved, he knows that I mean the best for him, and for the first time in a long while without me having to nag him about it, he gave me a hug on his own.

As for helping Trith find his parents, well we succeeded. I heard him tell his mother about me, she didn't say much, his father was passed out at the time and they are now both recovering from what Trith's told me. I know I cannot run from the inevitable, I will have to meet... them at some point. Sall will be there I know, and with that it shouldn't be to bad .. I hope.  *she looks down at the sleeping figure* I wonder what they will say seeing this imp. *she smiles, and pushes some hair off Trouble's forehead*

ystrday

A Woman's Journal
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2008, 11:45:13 am »
*This entry is well written more so then the others. Each word is able to be read clearly, as if the author took their time with it.*

I, Tegan, make this entry my will. I cannot put it off any longer. I leave the house in Prantz and all furniture in it to my adopted son Jurn Tempest. To help with the maintenance of keeping up the house and grounds I leave him 200,000. I also state that the Farstriders are to have a key always to the house unless someone from the pack, Jurn and Sall feel are not worthy, then that person alone will lose their key, but the others may keep theirs. To Ell and to Lance Stargazer I leave 60,000 so they can lighten up and a small gift from one tailor to another. My malar bags which I struggled to make over the years I give two to my son so he will have something to remember me by, and two to Balthazar Woll who as well over the years as helped me in my tailoring work. They may keep whatever possessions I have in the bags and deem fit on what they should do with them. The rest of the coin I have in the bank is to be given to Sallaron.

*the writer takes a small breath and closes her book as if she cannot bear to write no more. The last thing she writes is a special note to her husband of where she wrote her will and where he can find it when that time comes.*

ystrday

A Woman's Journal
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2008, 02:34:12 pm »
Well, not sure what to say but just having odd dreams. In them from what I can remember is myself, Sall and Trouble playing by a lake, and off in the distance a dark figure looms watching. At first I thought it was an evil being because it was so dark and shadowed, but I've been having more dreams as of late and each time the figure becomes less dark. The shape is more of shadow in the sun, small like a child. I can sense it's emotions coming from it the small figure is lonely, and aches just watching my family. One time I started walking towards it to offer to join us, but it vanished.

I have spoken to Sall a little bit about this, wondering if Folian is sending me a sign that there is someone who needs us. Is there?

ystrday

A Woman's Journal
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2008, 06:14:37 pm »
Well Journal, this house may have a sound of little feet again. I feel I saw the real face of the child that has been haunting my dreams. A boy, a little boy who has been hurt and wounded, alone in this world and who just may need Sall and myself. When I thought our home will feel empty Folian provided another spirit for our house. I've talked to Sall and hopefully this little boy will come home with us soon.

Home.. it'll feel odd when that time comes when Trouble leaves it. I didn't know how hard it'll be to know that my little boy will leave the house. But I know he'll be happier on his own then being home with us. Sall and myself talked to Trouble and explained to him that yes he'll have a home here, but to appreciate his independence he'll have to earn things for himself, no handouts from us or our friends. That is one of the main things I value about myself is my independence, and that is something I see in Trouble and I wished him much success. I also cannot interfer in his life, well maybe his love life, but he is old enough to make decision on his own. I also love him enough to stand back to trust him and any decisions he makes on his own.

Folian guide his footsteps and lead him down the right path.

anything