The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: A Year of Vigil - Plen's Focus  (Read 125 times)

orth

A Year of Vigil - Plen's Focus
« on: March 09, 2006, 02:17:16 pm »
Plen huddles next to a fire eating some bread, his face is long and weary, his wings drooping up and down with his heavy breathing.

Forgiveness

It is Worship Day, as the Earth Wakes, 1396, I camp with the Guardians of the Great Oak after a lengthy travel from Krandor on Mistone.  The Amulet of Souls has been returned to The Shifter, a move I was hoping to understand a little more, but one I believe was necessary nonetheless.  I'm well worried of the Shadow T'oleflor, the Lumbral.  Their role raises so many questions.  

What do they seek?  Retribution against Blood?  Is that all?  If that occurs will we be ruled by them?  Do they feel slighted by history?  Will they forgive?  Will the Metallics return?  Is the Silver Vein who I think he is?  Will the Dragons speak with the Lumbral?  Can they help us understand what happened?  Can they apologize for the Sundering?  Is it possible Blood and the Lumbral would work together? Shadow and Destruction?  Can we trust the Sisters?  What of the warning of Selian?

I am tired.  I plan on staying here a long while.  I will hopefully find some answers.

orth

RE: A Year of Vigil - Plen's Focus
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 02:32:54 pm »
Disconnection

Summer blooms and the lilies near Elythia Creek waft their perfumes across the forest bed.  I've begun some work on organizing a better defense of the Great but my mind is elsewhere.  I think much of Brisbane and Barrett.  It is a painful paradox that thoughts of my Goddess lead me eventually to thoughts of my once happy and complete family.  My balance is precarious.  I feel disconnected.  

The Mother is close to me here, but, I can't help but think my feelings are mirrored by hers.  Is she worried about a family of her own?  Strange.

Katia, dear Mother, grant your protective womb over our families.
Let Nature guide them in spirit and life.
Let all birds watch over them and keep them safe.
Grant them happiness and fulfillment.
Let them find their inner peace and balance.

orth

Re: A Year of Vigil - Plen's Focus
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 03:11:36 pm »
Longing

The Guardians and myself are learning plenty from each other.  I've worked hard on some strategic lessons and they've taught me a thing or two about melee combat.  Their spirits are high and a little too confident, I'm not sure if they truly understand the importance of the job they perform.  I think a stern sermon on that is important.

I've communicated little with the outside world, a few falcons have dropped me a message, but nothing is of dire importance.  Things seem to be calm for now.  That will be changing very soon no doubt.  I fight a feeling to stay here for the end of my days.  It is not the task of the Bird Lord though, but gladly my network of feathered friends are happily playing some of my roles and communicating with me.

My sleep recently has been sparse.  My mind is busy with many images.  I look often to my youth and the carefree sense I had with no worry of the troubled times.  I long for these days again but then my mind jumps to other happy moments, the first time I truly felt Her, the first time I truly felt love, the comradarie of my earlier group of friends.  Over 70 years I've walked these lands and like the autumn of now, my leaves fall, hope for yet another spring eternal in these legs, in these veins, in this heart.

She Who Shapes All, Shape your protections around my flock.
Guide my friends and family in passage of Nature.
Pronounce the nature of Balance and blessed gift of Life.
The green bed of the lands ere to be under their feet.
She Who Shapes All, Shape your protections around my flock.

orth

RE: A Year of Vigil - Plen's Focus
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 04:08:34 pm »
Simplicity

I've decided it is important to chronicle my years as Bird Lord and my life such that my wisdom be passed to the next generation.  I've hired a messenger to post around the towns to seek a Bard to pen my tale.  I'm looking forward to the response.

The last of autumn's leaves have fallen and the forest is busy with many animals preparing for the colds to blow in.  I spent the day with Luke and Salvenius reinforcing the gate to the Guardian Camp after venturing to the Underdark for a week about a month ago.  We came across some valued Titanium and the hinges on the gate are much more sturdier.

One night while resting down there I had a horrific dream, I couldn't sleep the rest of the eve.  I dreamt of a clash between Lucinda,Aeridin,Ilsare and Katia, a rift in Nature, Life, Love and Magic, it was terrifying as I felt overpowered by my peers.  A divide of nightmarish proportions, and I felt so utterly alone.

I shall begin to make my own preparations for the winter, the bears have signified an arduous one ahead.  The elven guardians take no heed to the crisp mornings and go about their dutiful ways.  I've harvested many crisp apples from an orchard southwest, and some grains from a field near Ozlo's Tower and I shall do some fishing over the next couple of weeks.

A celebration of the harvest is happening this Satari near Hilm Castle, I may begin a travel there for blessings of Katia.  I am not very comfortable in social situations any more.  It feels empty, I have so much to trouble about that I hold back, I feel fraudulent when I discuss simple matters.  To complicate matters furthur, whenever there is a question about an important issue, it doesn't feel as though I have the answer very often.  I think of Bris often in these situations, a simpler life and simpler Plen, Plen the husband and father, not the Bird Lord and a significant leader.  I wonder if such a thought would make Bris angry...That I look upon our times with fondness due to their simplicity.

Mother, did you ever have to make a choice such as the one I did?  I bet you did.  I already know the answer to my next question...

The cold is a little too much to write, I shall try to get some sleep.

Plant my dreams with your wondrous creations.

anything